Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

Just now, Destino said:

A rattled QB that’s going to have to force the issue just to get into this game behind a line that can’t block?  Oh yeah, it’s going to get worse.  The turnovers are coming.

I'm pleasantly suprised he hasn't thrown an INT yet. I was expecting pick city when I saw the score until I saw the box score.  

This should be a wake up call for anyone who things we have the talent on defense or the coaching staff to be competitive consistently in this league. I think we have low IQ coaches and it shows. Going to be a long and painful season. Totally inexplicable game plan on offense. Just don’t understand what the logic could be there. It’s hard to watch. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

OH LOOK LAMAR JACKSON THREW A QUICK SLANT TO THEIR TOP WR. I WONDER WHY WR HAVEN'T RUN ANY QUICK SLANT HITTERS TO MCLAURIN. ITS NOT LIKE MCLAURIN IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NFL AT RUNNING INSIDE SLANTS. 

Because the Lions are in Wentz’ face as soon as he catches the snap and has to move off the snap. The OL is getting beat like a drum.

Hutch has double the sacks TODAY than Young had all of last year. 

Where I will agree with a lot of folks… the only way this gets totally fixed is dumping the whole staff and FO, bringing in a true GM, have him hire a coach and clean house player wise and accept the inevitability that it’ll be intentionally ugly for a bit.

Maybe you get better in the process. The Bears looked better last week with less talent by accident.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Lions could and should be up by about 40 points, it’s crazy how many opportunities they missed to rub this in even worse than they already were. This is going to be a massive turning point for Rivera’s regime, for good or ill. Something has to change, this isn’t just a “shrug it happens” kind of thing. Every single narrative this team thinks they can fight against just got reconfirmed for the entire country in embarrassing fashion in one half of football. How do they react to that is the next question 

I agree.  If they somehow come back from this, then Rivera's a god.  If we still get thrashed, then Ron's a dog.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

2 of those were 100% on Wentz.  He just hung onto the ball forever.  A couple were on 3rd down so throwing the ball away wasn't exactly a good option either.

Thanks for clarification.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would put a call into Flowers this week though.  Nobody claimed him, he's still sitting out there, which tells you something about what everybody thinks of him.  

Agreed, make space, whole offense can come to a halt if oline ain't right...

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

How does this happen to a team in year 3 with continuity on the roster and the exact same coaching staff?! How does an NFL team look like this? 

its head-scratching. Not sure I ever felt such puzzlement even watching Zorn or Gruden 

5 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

What will be hilarious is that if this game/play stands as is, im fully expecting short and annoyed answers from RR and JDR post-game. Because they're both getting out-classed right now.

Speaking of out classed Ok that does it I am pulling out the Guice knock off jersey. It will be hard to find however.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

No doubt the offense would of been better with TH, they would have had to stop blitzing becuase we would of weaved, bobbed and run. Plus Wentz is holding onto the ball a loooonnngg time. Doesnt know what he is looking at.

This is probably going to be the dumbest post of the day and I doubt I'll ever take any thing you say seriously again.

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Lions could and should be up by about 40 points, it’s crazy how many opportunities they missed to rub this in even worse than they already were. This is going to be a massive turning point for Rivera’s regime, for good or ill. Something has to change, this isn’t just a “shrug it happens” kind of thing. Every single narrative this team thinks they can fight against just got reconfirmed for the entire country in embarrassing fashion in one half of football. How do they react to that is the next question 

I’m already seeing it on Twitter by some of my optimistic follows. They are questioning the overarching Ron era. “What are we building?” “What is our identity? I don’t even know 3 years in”

it’s only going to get louder over the year