Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

1 minute ago, Conn said:

its head-scratching. Not sure I ever felt such puzzlement even watching Zorn or Gruden 

Snyder is getting more unlikable. Why is this so lost on people as well? Yes, Rivera is stubborn and way too loyal to everyone who has ever played for him. But again, people don’t want to play here. There’s the thought Snyder is cash poor (I agree with that but it’s not proven). 

Snyder is our biggest obstacle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Everyone hating on wentz. Is anyone watching? The play calling is terrible and he has had zero time. 

turner keeps calling these plays that take forever to develope. What is going on. 

I have also seen him duck from phantom rushers multiple times and then turn into guys that are being blocked when he could have scrambled. He has thrown some head scratchers like that joke of a trick play....who was he throwing to?  He has planted himself in the pocket today and taken root.  That is where I think most of the hate is coming from.  He is doing nothing to help himself or the team.  The play calling has been suspect too, so blame can go there as well.  Wentz needs to keep plays alive too though and right now he is just planting and folding.

Just now, Rhazaghul said:

I have also seen him duck from phantom rushers multiple times and then turn into guys that are being blocked when he could have scrambled. He has thrown some head scratchers like that joke of a trick play....who was he throwing to?  He has planted himself in the pocket today and taken root.  That is where I think most of the hate is coming from.  He is doing nothing to help himself or the team.  The play calling has been suspect too, so blame can go there as well.  Wentz needs to keep plays alive too though and right now he is just planting and folding.

He was throwing to Sims who seemed like he was looking for his keys he dropped on the turf rather than go for the ball. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When it rains it pours.  I see turnovers coming.

Last week I was begging out loud to just throw it anywhere near 17, and that very play, terry caught the long TD.  

I see them forcing it to him and it's gonna be too late.  Lions had some kind of magic juice for breakfast, they look very good everywhere, so I'm not super mad at the 'ders.  But jeez, have some creativity and do something before the game is truly out of reach. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

its head-scratching. Not sure I ever felt such puzzlement even watching Zorn or Gruden 

I think the big surprise is the Detroit DL just absolutely man-handling the OL.  And everything on offense has just gone down-hill from there.

I like Turner.  But I don't think he's adjusted to a leaky OL well at all.  I see him trying, they tried to call a couple outside runs, a couple inside runs, a screen, but nothing has worked.

I would go hurry-up, quick-game and move the pocket a lot.  

I think it's partly Wentz holding the ball, and the OL is also outclassed. Plus turner is ****.

Defense isn't great, either. 

Lol this **** is funny as hell, this is earliest I've ever seen this kinda uninspired half and I've been watching for 25 years.

Definitely have some kinda Stockholm syndrome, cause I'm more bemused than anything at this point.

1 minute ago, HogsVa7 said:

Does Rivera speak to his players at all during a game? Do they adjust at all? I'm tired of seeing Rivera every game with his arms crossed and his mic on his headset up all the time, especially today getting manhandled in every category. 

He does.  In the Amazon series following Carolina you could see him go off on his team during half time after a bad half 

I want to see how this team responds from this embarrassing first half 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you talking on this board, did they?  People did predict a Lions win but I didn't see anyone predicting a Lions blowout win. I thought we would lose a shootout with the defense letting Lions win.

Oh well, looks like another season where it's over by midseason. We talking about our Top 5 pick and looking at that QB class.  Then Ron wins games late to take us out of position for those QBs. 

No the cash bettors, I don't remember what the number was but the bets were on the lions like 90 percent or some crazy number 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Snyder is getting more unlikable. Why is this so lost on people as well? Yes, Rivera is stubborn and way too loyal to everyone who has ever played for him. But again, people don’t want to play here. There’s the thought Snyder is cash poor (I agree with that but it’s not proven). 

Snyder is our biggest obstacle.

Oh you know I’m 100% on board with all of this. it certainly hinders us in every way, from FO people to choose from, to players who will sign here, to assistant coaches and everyone in between. Even if Rivera is the right guy, and we all know he probably isn’t, he’s fighting with one arm and one leg tied behind his back before he even walks out to the practice field each day. 

It’s a combination of many factors. It starts with the owner. He sets the tone for dysfunction on and off the field, evident by the people he hires.

The front office can’t evaluate talent and do not have a plan in place. The coaching staff struggles to put players in a position to succeed (Gibson) and they aren’t very good.

The players suck. We are who we are. Across the NFL, we are absolutely bottom tier

Like I said, just hate watching at this point. I hope Detroit goes off again in the 2nd half. 

Sweep the leg. No mercy. Leave no doubt. I’ve been 50-50 on the Rivera regime until this half but this is the last straw. Another road game, woefully unprepared. **** play calling, **** defense just **** everywhere. 

C’mon Detroit, put us out of our misery. 

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Go to your Account Settings and then click on Signature and see if there is a link there or something. 

Is it gone now? I found sig settings but there was nothing there except a broken Orakpo image for a long long long time ago... lol... I deleted broken image but nothing else in sig settings 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Oh you know I’m 100% on board with all of this. it certainly hinders us in every way, from FO people to choose from, to players who will sign here, to assistant coaches and everyone in between. Even if Rivera is the right guy, and we all know he probably isn’t, he’s fighting with one arm and one leg tied behind his back before he even walks out to the practice field each day. 

Doesn’t explain his terrible drafting