Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

What's the chance that our QB suffers a career ending injury..........................................again?

Two recent QBs are dead. I feel the Spinal Tap drummer is less cursed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Two recent QBs are dead. I feel the Spinal Tap drummer is less cursed.

I know, at this point if tomorrow I read the headline " Carson wentz paralyzed in a bobsledding accident" it probably wouldn't surprise me all that much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Who's is the starting RG so far at the OTA's? 

Wes Schweitzer is #1 on the depth chart but hear from camp reports Trai Turner has been really solid so who knows - same for Norwell (LG).

Don't think anybody knows for sure because they been rotating a lot of guys at all positions.

• Thanks 2

I'm really curious about our UDFA LBs. Just by the nature is the position and ul the number of bodies well need naturally we may be hearing some is these guys on our roster. Then if there is an injury we're may see some starting. I really want to hear about this guy from Notre Dame. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm really curious about our UDFA LBs. Just by the nature is the position and ul the number of bodies well need naturally we may be hearing some is these guys on our roster. Then if there is an injury we're may see some starting. I really want to hear about this guy from Notre Dame. 

I could see Drew White being a Will Compton type player. Instinctive vocal leader great at calling the defense lacking in elite athleticism but makes up for it in his preparation. 

Bryce Notree and the kid from Idaho are both intriguing as well. Good chance one of the 3 make the 53

I was in Vegas for the week so catching up on all things about OTA. 

From what I’ve seen and heard the offense looks sharp already and that hasn’t been the case in past years. The true test will be if our offense scores TDs in the preseason games. How often did the offense never do anything in preseason games and it spilled over into the regular season.

Carson just needs to be solid and make the right decisions most of the time. I hear Scott has been looking for him to check down more often instead of extending the play. Timing and rhythm are what I want to see from him. 

I heard Cole Turner and Curtis Hodges have looked good. Turner 6’6 and Hodges 6’8 would be so intriguing. Hodges is a bit slow but could make for an excellent red zone target. Turner can stretch the field and run down the seam opening up the middle for Samuels. I think Bates is still our best blocking TE and has good hands but is somewhat limited. 

Any word on Terry and his contract situation? C’mon get him signed so he can develop chemistry with Wentz. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

What's the chance that our QB suffers a career ending injury..........................................again?

Dude, why the **** did you temp fate?

do you know what happens when you temp fate?

It knocks you on your ass.

Im holding you directly responsible of Wentz gets hurt.  I will find you and I will rain down furious anger upon thee. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:56 PM, dyst said:

As always, never believe the offensive hype. We are playing against our defense. Same story every year.

Um, no…we’ve been hearing for like a decade “it’s okay guys the defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year” to excuse a terrible, herky-jerky, unpolished offense. This is the exact opposite. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

Um, no…we’ve been hearing for like a decade “it’s okay guys the defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year” to excuse a terrible, herky-jerky, unpolished offense. This is the exact opposite. 

Yep, first year in eons I can recall hearing that. And it makes sense too, there are a lot of guys to account for if Dotson is as good as his billing. Wait till Terry gets in there!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Conn said:

And that's what's different. It's the beautiful balls that we're hearing about this time of year. It's not that they're not in the same accord or they don't believe in offseason workouts or they love perfection. It's how smooth the offense is flowing. I don't expect much from these things because it's only June but it's better to hear about connections then misses. 

12 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t know why people are so timid about getting excited during the offseason. It’s literally the only time I get to celebrate anything as fan of this horrid franchise. Bring me my annual bucket if Koolaid. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLcWM2EAAAStyj3kJxME-

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

I hope Dotson tears it up. The amount of disrespect he got from our fans (okay, it wasn’t really just disrespect… it was more “he’s okay but we reached what a bad pick!) was absurd.

Same with BRob. And Mathis. 

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hope Dotson tears it up. The amount of disrespect he got from our fans (okay, it wasn’t really just disrespect… it was more “he’s okay but we reached what a bad pick!) was absurd.

A few days later I felt much better. I love him now and am sooo happy to take the crow. 

16 minutes ago, moondog said:

A few days later I felt much better. I love him now and am sooo happy to take the crow. 

Welll, maybe hold off on being happy to take the crow until he plays a few games first. But i agree, I’ve felt better about the pick too so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Not me! I was firmly in the Dotson after a trade down over Olave/Hamilton camp.

But I agree. I hope he has a monster year. I think Dyami is gonna have fans eating crow to a lesser extent as well.

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

They see you @Skinsinparadise!!!

Nice to see SIP making plays. Maybe we found our starting Nickel CB in the 7th round.

Still waiting to hear more about Percy Butler. Been a little quiet in regards to him... But maybe that's a good thing considering he plays safety.