Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

22 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait, where would that leave Curl?

Curl and McCain are the starting 2 safeties as of now.

When they go nickel, they will bring in another DB.  That could be another safety if they go “big nickel” aka Buffalo Nickel.  Or they could bring in a CB (St. Juice) if they want to go more traditional. 

Depending on the downs and distance, and the offensive set, the defense will match.  

Now, within the personnel group, they can mix and match a bit too.  Curl could come down and play on the line, or not.  

I think at times we get too caught up on the name of the role. Because a lot of these can fill multiple roles.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Curl and McCain are the starting 2 safeties as of now.

When they go nickel, they will bring in another DB.  That could be another safety if they go “big nickel” aka Buffalo Nickel.  Or they could bring in a CB (St. Juice) if they want to go more traditional. 

Depending on the downs and distance, and the offensive set, the defense will match.  

Now, within the personnel group, they can mix and match a bit too.  Curl could come down and play on the line, or not.  

I think at times we get too caught up on the name of the role. Because a lot of these can fill multiple roles.  

I'm not certain that Juste won't steal a starting outside CB spot.

Can WJ3 play slot? We already know Fuller is better outside. But word from OTAs was that WJ3 hasn't looked so hot.

If he continues to struggle, I hope JDR experiments with Jackson at slot and Juice on the outside, opposite Fuller.

4 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Bummed we didn't hear more about Percy Butler during OTAs. Fingers crossed he makes some noise during Mini Camp & Training Camp.

I chose Percy as my burgundy jersey this season. A Redskins jersey with his name custom stitched on the back. Haven't decided on who to go with for the white jersey this year. Thinking Dotson.

This year?  Do you buy 2 jerseys every year?

16 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I'm not certain that Juste won't steal a starting outside CB spot.

Can WJ3 play slot? We already know Fuller is better outside. But word from OTAs was that WJ3 hasn't looked so hot.

If he continues to struggle, I hope JDR experiments with Jackson at slot and Juice on the outside, opposite Fuller.

I don’t think that’s going to happen.  WJIII is an outside guy and was a pretty good one.

He said last year he was asked to do things he had never done before and it took a while for him to get used to it.

I don’t think you want a repeat of that.  

Best to maintain as much continuity as you can at this point. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, Forever A Redskin said:

No I buy two new ones each season. Obviously the customizing has only been necessary the past few years.

Good for you. I’m glad you’ve got money to burn and don’t care that Lord Farquaad is gobbidge. 

• Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

Good for you. I’m glad you’ve got money to burn and don’t care that Lord Farquaad is gobbidge. 

If he is buying custom Redskins jerseys I don't think he is sending any money to the NFL.

Total unintentional money flex tho. Some of us have to get what is available and cant special order the finest robes. lol

I AM THE POOR : r/memes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I was curious about what was coming up this week and the format -

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/6/12/23164408/commanders-have-minicamp-this-week-will-terry-mclaurin-be-there

The Washington Commanders football team has finished its 3 sessions of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) and will switch gears to minicamp this week, scheduled from the 14th to the 16th.

There aren’t a lot of differences between OTAs and minicamp, but there are some.

Media access

One difference is that the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement requires teams to allow one day of media access for every three days of OTAs, meaning that we’ve been getting media reports roughly once a week for the past three weeks. For minicamp, however, the CBA requires daily media access, which means that we can expect a flood of tweets, photos, videos and press conferences from the beat reporters this coming week.

Those tweets, photos and smartphone videos will need to hold fans for a long time because the team won’t be on the field together again until training camp, which will likely start in the final week of July. The team has already announced that it will not return to Richmond this year, and there will be no joint practices scheduled with any other teams. The team will be holding camp in Ashburn, and the first preseason game will be on August 13th vs the Panthers.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, Forever A Redskin said:

No I buy two new ones each season. Obviously the customizing has only been necessary the past few years.

This is infuriating. You are part of the problem. Go buy vintage jerseys from a struggling fan. Our perpetually pathetic owner is perpetuated by our equally pathetic fanbase. You're probably one of the people yelling at the top of their lungs on 3rd down when we're on offense. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 6

39 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

This is infuriating. You are part of the problem. Go buy vintage jerseys from a struggling fan. Our perpetually pathetic owner is perpetuated by our equally pathetic fanbase. You're probably one of the people yelling at the top of their lungs on 3rd down when we're on offense. 

No. Wrong. You know what annoys me? When people make others feel bad for buying jerseys. That’s putting fans down for *being a fan*. Nobody is part of the problem, whether they buy jerseys or not. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I find this post wholly unnecessary and somewhat mean spirited.

If the guy wants to support the team in any way he shouldn’t be shamed for doing so.

And questioning his understanding of when to cheer is also out of line.  

unless this was sarcasm, which of it was, I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell, I’d rethink that post.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

eastwood.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I find this post wholly unnecessary and somewhat mean spirited.

If the guy wants to support the team in any way he shouldn’t be shamed for doing so.

And questioning his understanding of when to cheer is also out of line.  

unless this was sarcasm, which of it was, I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell, I’d rethink that post.  

Mean spirited maybe, but wholly necessary. We are an absolutely broken fanbase with even more deeply broken ownership. That isn't arguable. I love the, "I can support the team how I want to" with a compete ignorance to how selfish that actually may be.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Mean spirited maybe, but wholly necessary. We are an absolutely broken fanbase with even more deeply broken ownership. That isn't arguable. I love the, "I can support the team how I want to" with a compete ignorance to how selfish that actually may be.

I would probably take a look at @Jumbo’s post above and surmise what that means.

Attacking other members is not a good look on the board.  Attack the position, not the poster.  Being a bit snarky about it happens.  But being outwardly mean is not good.  

My biggest issue, FWIW, was insinuating a poster didn’t know when to cheer.  That’s just mean.

33 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

<staring> 

Who did it better?

image.gif.a39d226033c8462e8cd3ba639b77113b.gif

It's easy to forget our basic humanity with the anonymity of the internet. To forget that there are living, breathing and feeling beings behind all the words we read.

A good friend once told me while I sat with him during his dialysis treatment that the highest aspiration a person can strive for is to simply be a mensch-- a brave caring soul.

Sometimes I  just pause, breathe deeply and reread what I created before deciding to hit send. (Some would say I should do that a whole lot more often. lol)

• Like 2