Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t take your word for it. I mean, there’s no way you can possibly KNOW McLaurin would be signed by July 4th. 

:ols:

Hence the part where he said “that’s my guess”. GUESS being the operative word here :) 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve been ragging in PFF for Wentz and the idiotic coaching metric they put out.

but now rush they said some thyroid about us, I’m going to defend that to the core!

B4D0A7BD-4988-4BC9-A5DC-EDB981102B15.jpeg.b76281d4667e50a97cb2816357a8e36d.jpeg

Nah.  I think this is stupid too.  Until proven otherwise, this DL is hype and not substance.  They’ve never proved they could do it against good QBs and offenses when it matters.  And Young is coming off of a torn ACL

Im starting to despise PFF.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hence the part where he said “that’s my guess”. GUESS being the operative word here :) 

So, you didn’t get the joke or you’re just no fun at parties? Is this where I use the confused emoji?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So, you didn’t get the joke or you’re just no fun at parties? Is this where I use the confused emoji?

Guess I didn’t. Figured you actually thought he was claiming to know, so I thought i was helping out. 

whatever. 

Be easy on me, ITS MY BIRTHDAY! 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’ve been ragging in PFF for Wentz and the idiotic coaching metric they put out.

but now rush they said some thyroid about us, I’m going to defend that to the core!

B4D0A7BD-4988-4BC9-A5DC-EDB981102B15.jpeg.b76281d4667e50a97cb2816357a8e36d.jpeg

Nah.  I think this is stupid too.  Until proven otherwise, this DL is hype and not substance.  They’ve never proved they could do it against good QBs and offenses when it matters.  And Young is coming off of a torn ACL

Im starting to despise PFF.

PFF has had some good nuggets here and there about this team.  For example, they made the claim that Jonathan Allen in spite not having many sacks in 2020 was one of the better DT pass rushers in the league and it likely will show in sacks numbers in 2021.  And they nailed that one. 

They are higher about this O line than most typically and mostly have been proven right. 

They think the run blocking of this o line is special and the backs need to do a better job exploiting that.  Will see.

So PFf isn't all doom and gloom about this team.  but yeah they do hate Wentz like many others for whatever odd reason. 😢 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF has had some good nuggets here and there about this team.  For example, they made the claim that Jonathan Allen in spite not having many sacks in 2020 was one of the better DT pass rushers in the league and it likely will show in sacks numbers in 2021.  And they nailed that one. 

They are higher about this O line than most typically and mostly have been proven right. 

They think the run blocking of this o line is special and the backs need to do a better job exploiting that.  Will see.

So PFf isn't all doom and gloom about this team.  but yeah they do hate Wentz like many others for whatever odd reason. 😢 

I just hate the ratings. The actual measurable stats are great.  

the analysis of those stats and ratings I think are generally subjective and agenda driven.

I also freely admit bias: I really hate Cris Collinsworth.  I think he’s an egotistical, greater than thou, look at me and my big brain ass hat.  And I think the organization has taken the overall tone from their dear leader. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Turner was one of the TEs I liked before the draft.  I think he's going to be good.  TE's though tend to take more time to develop than other spots. 

For an F move TE like Turner he won't have to block a heck of a lot any way.  Basically TEs like that are used as big WRs.    Still I think he will end up passable enough as far as blocking.  For me the first thing i look for is are they a willing blocker.  And Cole comes off to me like a willing blocker.   Jordan Reed for example to my eyes wasn't just a bad blocker but also was not a willing blocker.  If they are willing IMO they can grow as blockers.  

He's not gonna surprise me with his blocking. Because I have watched his tape and right now he cant do it. 

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He's not gonna surprise me with his blocking. Because I have watched his tape and right now he cant do it. 

I mean, maybe.  But he’s going to get NFL coaching and he has the frame to be a willing blocker.

He could develop.

He could not.  

But I do think this staff has developed guys…. So maybe it can happen.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, maybe.  But he’s going to get NFL coaching and he has the frame to be a willing blocker.

He could develop.

He could not.  

But I do think this staff has developed guys…. So maybe it can happen.  

I wasnt trying to be a dick. I dont think he will ever be a complete TE. And that is fine. He is a pass catcher. I would much rather watch Bates development. That guy has a chance to be REALLY special. He has everything you want in an NFL TE. He has amazing hands and will maul your ass in the box. Very different players. And in all honesty I would love to see both on the field. Bates is going to surprise people A LOT. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wasnt trying to be a dick. I dont think he will ever be a complete TE. And that is fine. He is a pass catcher. I would much rather watch Bates development. That guy has a chance to be REALLY special. He has everything you want in an NFL TE. He has amazing hands and will maul your ass in the box. Very different players. And in all honesty I would love to see both on the field. Bates is going to surprise people A LOT. 

Thought I was the only one this high on bates.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thought I was the only one this high on bates.

I drafted him in our mock draft. Love the guy. Never expected him to go as early as he did. Thought he was just a nasty blocking te, but he's really surprised me with his hands and athleticism. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What?? Us too? I read on NFL.com earlier today that the cowboys lost a 2023 OTA practice (2nd year in a row they’ve got docked an OTA practice) and that McCarthy got fined, but I didn’t read anything about Washington. 

that sucks….

1 minute ago, Conn said:

That can’t be due to the Reaves hit on Dyami right?? Clearly a player mistake and not directed or encouraged by the coaches or drill format at all. 

That’s what I wondered too….

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What?? Us too? I read on NFL.com earlier today that the cowboys lost a 2023 OTA practice (2nd year in a row they’ve got docked an OTA practice) and that McCarthy got fined, but I didn’t read anything about Washington. 

that sucks….

That’s what I wondered too….

How the hell does the NFL know? They have a "no contact" league official at every practice? I would be willing to bet the eye test for "contact"  is very arbitrary.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

How the hell does the NFL know? They have a "no contact" league official at every practice? I would be willing to bet the eye test for "contact"  is very arbitrary.

It could be a player on the team unhappy about the overly intense practice in the OTAs, contacted the NFLPA.

Who then contacted the NFL front office, who dealt out the punishment.

I think something like this happened during Joe Gibbs return to the team in 2004 during OTAs or mini camp.

The NFL found out about the overly physical practices through videos the team put up on its website.

Edited by SkinsGuy

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I have been critical of our coaching staff (previous regimes included) that we don’t do a good job of developing talent/depth (except maybe our OL). 

If guys like Jamin, St. Juste, Cole, Forrest, Curl, Bates, and Milne can keep making big strides, I think that would be noteworthy. Fingers crossed.

I think we're turning the corner with Rivera and staff.  It's important to note he is just in his 3rd year, and he took over a 3-13 team.  

But the team (not necessarily him, but the team) has drafted the following starters/primary backups:

OL: Rouiller, Cosmi, Charles, Ismael

TE: Turner, Bates, Reyes

RB: Gibson, Robinson

WR: McLaurin, Brown, Dotson, Cam Sims, (Others)

DL: Sweat, Payne, Allen, Young, William Bradley-King, James Smith-Williams, Shaka Toney, Casey Toohill, Bunmi Rotinmi, Daniel Wise

LB: Dais Holcomb

CB: St. Juice (other backups)

Safety: Curl, Forrest, Butler

So much of the core has been drafted and developed.  Sure, Allen, Payne, Sweat were already here.  But not everybody on the list was, and I do think the coaching staff has done a pretty good job, overall, developing guys.  

Even young guys they bring in, McKissic and Thomas being the 2 obvious ones, they've developed them into more than they were in other stops.

• Like 4