Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah in a football context I can’t hate on it, obviously an all-timer, just hard to separate the guy from what an ass he is.

I completely agree.

Though, I do think for a lot of folks, being an arrogant ass is what drives them to be great.  And his drive and commitment are things you do want younger folks to see.

I mean, honestly, Chase Young could probably do with a little more Sapp in him.  I'd prefer if he wasn't a horses ass.  But I really want him to break out and be great.  

Though, one day at mini-camp is probably not life altering for anybody.  So there's that also.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

phones been out of commission since monday night (phone decided to take a swim on my final night of vacation in florida) so i'm just now catching up on mini-camp news. 

it's annoying that curtis samuel isnt practicing again...

anyone know if training camp will be open to the public in ashburn this summer? 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

phones been out of commission since monday night (phone decided to take a swim on my final night of vacation in florida) so i'm just now catching up on mini-camp news. 

He did practice the other day. Sounds like they're just being extra cautious with him, resting him like every other practice.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Been wondering about the training camp thing as well. I asked my account Exec about that but he just said they were working on it.

Nevermind, was later in the thread.  

6 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Been wondering about the training camp thing as well. I asked my account Exec about that but he just said they were working on it.

I think we know it's going to be in Ashburn.  In the past, TC has been mostly open to the public, wherever it has been, going back to the Carlisle/Frostburg days, then Ashburn, then Richmond, and now back in Ashburn. My assumption is there will be some days where it is, and some days where it isn't.  

And there will almost certainly be a "Fan Appreciation Day."  The question will be, do they hold that at FedEx or at the team facility.

They will WANT to have as many people come to TC just to drum up as much interest as possible.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

Jamin Davis is with the second team in red zone drills and he just fell down badly when trying to contain Heinicke on the run. Instead of David Mayo ahead of him though, it’s been Khaleke Hudson so far

Well that's kinda disappointing. 😒

I guess at least Mayo isn't ahead of him. For now....

11 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Well that's kinda disappointing. 😒

I guess at least Mayo isn't ahead of him. For now....

Supposedly according to multiple people he is having a good camp though.

Only criticism I can think of on players has been Logan Paulsen doesn't think William Jackson has looked that sharp.  And some said early in camp Butler's recognition skills seemed slow but apparently he's been doing better lately.  Mix stuff about Dyami and AGG.

Otherwise seems to be a lot of optimisim. Granted its the time of year for optimisim.

Keim's latest podcast hyped St. Juste and Kam Curl as for who they looked.  Also Cole Kelley had some moments.   And he talked about they were intrigued with Kelley heading into that draft. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Only criticism I can think of on players has been Logan Paulsen doesn't think William Jackson has looked that sharp.  And some said early in camp Butler's recognition skills seemed slow but apparently he's been doing better lately.  Mix stuff about Dyami and AGG.

The WJIII criticism (I heard it also) is concerning.  Especially because it was pre-snap stuff that he should know.  Line up and force the guy to your help.  Paulsen was very critical of the pre-snap stuff, and that was really concerning.  Those skills should be known by this point in a career, especially with somebody who was highly regarded.

I fear this might be the big-FA bust of the first couple of years.  I still have hope for Samuel.  I think they are being super-duper cautious with him because of last year.  But he seemed healthy when he's been out there.  

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Otherwise seems to be a lot of optimisim. Granted its the time of year for optimisim.

If you're not going to be optimistic now, when can you be optimistic?  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The WJIII criticism (I heard it also) is concerning.  Especially because it was pre-snap stuff that he should know.  Line up and force the guy to your help.  Paulsen was very critical of the pre-snap stuff, and that was really concerning.  Those skills should be known by this point in a career, especially with somebody who was highly regarded.

I fear this might be the big-FA bust of the first couple of years.  I still have hope for Samuel.  I think they are being super-duper cautious with him because of last year.  But he seemed healthy when he's been out there.  

The local media loves the zone-man argument with Jackson.  But the irony is Jackson struggled in man too.  If I recall his man score was lower than zone via PFF.  And according to Keim the defense picked up and did better once shifting back to being a more zone scheme last season. 

This may be off but Jackson just seems like a dumb player to me. I don’t think CIN was that sad to see him go despite his career year in coverage…just doesn’t seem like a smart player. Don’t know how else to say it, but it’s like his performance during any given play doesn’t match the context of where the action is on the field. Like a low awareness rating in Madden lol. Which sucks because I really wanted him to turn out to be a lock-down type guy like he’s flashed before in the past. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is great and all but I'm seriously not happy about Martin not having Mann or Manley in to do the same thing.  They played on this freaking team and were absolute studs that have multiple rings.  They are also very, very willing to come in, and have made that known.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This is great and all but I'm seriously not happy about Martin not having Mann or Manley in to do the same thing.  They played on this freaking team and were absolute studs that have multiple rings.  They are also very, very willing to come in, and have made that known.  

My guess is it's more to appease Daron Payne so he's excited to play in front of a HoFer instead of holding out.  Mann and Manley were Edge and not IDL

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain

Given the stagnation of the Dline a few new voices/motivation can't hurt. Might stir something up. I'll also never ceased to be amazed by peoples actual desire to willingly rock a bucket hat, they look terrible.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Though, one day at mini-camp is probably not life altering for anybody.

The one day Howell is convinced to try a cheeseburger begs to differ

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was in on that space. Nicki was the only media member that tuned in. Both of them were super impressive to be honest and did q&a for about an hour. One thing I found interesting though was the entire comment in reference to the concussion. The entire comment was something to the effect of “part of the reason we are doing this is so you guys as the fans get the actual truth from us instead of what’s reported. To set the record straight I had never had a concussion before last year” 

• Like 4