Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

People **** on the team for signing Ryan Fitzpatrick to play for half a quarter, now people want the team to sign Guice to play half a quarter after his 6 game suspension. Washington fans... Thankfully, only a handful of them.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep, all while he was still a very young adult. 

Mike Vick killed dogs, Antonio Brown is a scumbag, etc......when you're a last place team you need to check out everything, that's all we're saying. If Guice is still a bad investment in RR's opinion then move on and there's no harm done. Writing off a kid with talent who may have turned his life around is certainly one school of thought but someone else may give him a chance and he could very well pay off. Is Patterson better than Guice? I have my questions about that....IF Guice has grown up and straightened out his life. 

Not that it’s okay but Vick and Brown were proven players among the best at their positions in the NFL.  Guice is a never was, with red flags prior to draft day that very soon came to light in the NFL.  The allegations against him, at least in my opinion, are worse than those guys as well.  It was less than 2 years ago he was arrested for beating his girlfriend in Ashburn.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

19 minutes ago, method man said:

people forget that beat reporters reported that the staff had maturity concerns about Guice well before the incident.

Since when do a bunch of  people on this site assign value to media reports about player personnel behavior problems. Even when there are reports of issues again... and again... and again...

Half waiting for people to waive it away as nonsense.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lmao what am i making up exactly? You're sitting here cussing at someone on a message board about the small possibility of bringing in a highly talented player for an interview and workout. Sorry you dont like the dude I could really give a crap less about whether your feelings are hurt or not. But to say theres zero upside to give a former 2nd round pick that was the best running back in his draft when he came out compared to any random UDFA or whatever is a joke. At this point i hope they do sign dude just to see your head explode. 

We should hit Jamarcus Russel up and see if he's off the sizurp.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that it’s okay but Vick and Brown were proven players among the best at their positions in the NFL.  Guice is a never was, with red flags prior to draft day that very soon came to light in the NFL.  The allegations against him, at least in my opinion, are worse than those guys as well.  It was less than 2 years ago he was arrested for beating his girlfriend in Ashburn.  

Arrested with charges dropped for a monetary payout. no offense but none of us were there, none of us have seen video, none of us have spoken to derrius nor the woman about this yet. dont forget how much we all dragged the team and how the media dragged the team for reuben foster that ended up being false. What about Ray Lewis who was accused of murder and plead to obstruction of justice. Is guice Ray lewis or Vick? no of course not but people can do amazing things with second chances in strong support systems which surprisingly he would have here between ron and the way the locker room is built. all anybody is trying to say here is it wouldnt hurt anything to interview him or give him a work out. you dont think his heads on you dont sign him or release him with no issues. the point is at this rate giving him an interview and try out isnt going to hurt anything and has more potential to provide help for this team than your typical bottom of the roster rb and to say otherwise is false and utterly biased just because you dont like them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

Arrested with charges dropped for a monetary payout. no offense but none of us were there, none of us have seen video, none of us have spoken to derrius nor the woman about this yet. dont forget how much we all dragged the team and how the media dragged the team for reuben foster that ended up being false. What about Ray Lewis who was accused of murder and plead to obstruction of justice. Is guice Ray lewis or Vick? no of course not but people can do amazing things with second chances in strong support systems which surprisingly he would have here between ron and the way the locker room is built. all anybody is trying to say here is it wouldnt hurt anything to interview him or give him a work out. you dont think his heads on you dont sign him or release him with no issues. the point is at this rate giving him an interview and try out isnt going to hurt anything and has more potential to provide help for this team than your typical bottom of the roster rb and to say otherwise is false and utterly biased just because you dont like them. 

Think Brian Bozworth is still worth a look for our MLB hole?

I heard RG3 and Doctson have been practicing together.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

A. You are avoiding the stuff from LSU.

B. Cash settlements = let me pay you off to avoid jail time.

C. You keep comparing to elite players that get second chances.  Guice is not comparable to them.

D. Why degrade any positive cultural change that Rivera has instituted by bringing in a guy like Guice?  Again, the juice isn't worth the squeeze.  We aren't talking about Barry Sanders here.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Think Brian Bozworth is still worth a look for our MLB hole?

I heard RG3 and Doctson have been practicing together.

Omg hilarious!!! youre so clever! wow! yes because asking a 57 year old to come and start at mlb is exactly the same as a workout/interview for a 24 year old for a potential back up running back role. Youre right those are exactly the same things. we get it you dont like Guice and thats fine but  please do better than "making **** up" again by comparing a 57 year old linebacker to a 24 year old running back. 

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Did you see who just won Super Bowl rings the past two seasons: Antonio Brown and OBJ, two guys who have had character and injury issues in their careers. You can disqualify guys all you want but the best teams get the best players and make it work. I'm not saying I would've or would sign Brown, Guice or any other troubled player but if my QB (Brady) endorses a guy then I'll listen. Or, if I bring a guy in for a look in April and I like what I see then I'm gonna continue to see what the guy can do. Managing players and their ego's/issues is a skill in the NFL that some coaches do better than others. Your opinion is noted but disqualifying a guy because "he is hurt all the time" means you'd be giving up on more players than just Guice. Derrius Guice can run the football, he's proven that....whether he deserves another chance is something for NFL teams to decide. 

Both Brown and OBJ have had very successful, productive careers.  

Guice has not. 

He does not get the benefit of the doubt in any situation. 

Bruce used to bank on guys who were hurt all the time staying healthy.  It didn't work.  It's one of the reasons I wanted nothing to do with a long term deal for Scherff.  He's possibly the best guard in the NFL, but he' misses 1/4 of the games.

Guice played in what, 4 games total over 2 years?  (I didn't look it up. It might have been as many as 6 I'm not sure.)   He had one good game. And got hurt a lot.  Then had legal troubles.

A competent NFL FO can find a complementary RB somewhere that doesn't have the injury history or red flags Guice does.  

4 hours ago, OMacAttack said:

Is it possible Flowers comes back? He played great for us and genuinely seemed to like it here.

I know we signed Norwell but line depth is always good to have.

He's not going to come back here to be a backup.  If he has to be a backup somewhere, he'll go elsewhere, is my guess.

If he could compete with Schweitzer on the right side for the starter position, that's fine.  But I don't think he's EVER played on the right side.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Since when do a bunch of  people on this site assign value to media reports about player personnel behavior problems. Even when there are reports of issues again... and again... and again...

Half waiting for people to waive it away as nonsense.

People reject a media report when it denies their desired narrative and accept them with little criticism when it supports their desired narrative.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

He has shown flashes....injuries have held him back. He's a 2nd round pick, one of the top RB's in his draft class. Someone may sign a nice reclamation project....whether you agree with it or not. 

Yeah, they might sign a nice reclamation project...and Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johannsen, and Olivia Wilde might show up at my house and say they will take care of my every, every need. And my wife will be okay with it...and take the kids away for the weekend, so I can enjoy my time in peace and quiet. And the lottery. Definitely the lottery.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, they might sign a nice reclamation project...and Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johannsen, and Olivia Wilde might show up at my house and say they will take care of my every, every need. And my wife will be okay with it...and take the kids away for the weekend, so I can enjoy my time in peace and quiet. And the lottery. Definitely the lottery.

The lottery would be the most likely happening in that situation….

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder if Malcomb Kelleys knees are healed up yet

image.gif.0638d3eb45d7d7600f30e8a433c89f47.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ummm, running backs tend to grow on trees, perhaps more than any other position in the NFL.  Hence, why very few ever end up getting big contracts anymore.

Why would we be interested in interviewing Guice, an injury prone player that could barely see an NFL field, who has been out of the league for a few years, as a result of him being arrested for assaulting his ex girlfriend and beyond that the sexual assault allegations that were hidden while he was at LSU?

The juice isn't even remotely worth the squeeze, hence most everyone thinking it's an awful idea to entertain the thought of bringing him back in any capacity.

Running backs may grow on trees, but you wouldn't know it from watching Washington for...really the last several decades since Gibbs first retired. There are occasionally fits of competence, only to quickly devolve back into below average territory. Washington actually stumbled into a semi-decent RB in Stephen Davis, only to run him out of town once Spurrier arrived. Alfred Morris had a great rookie year, only to turn into something of an Olandis Gary/Mike Anderson Shanahan created mirage. By far the best RB the team has had in the last 20 years is Clinton Portis. Now it only took trading an in their prime Hall of Fame cornerback AND a second round pick to get him. And then the team inexplicably tried to turn him into a power back. Portis was still decent at it, but it's an extremely high price to pay and Portis' best two years by way were his two in Denver. Hell, Antonio Gibson has been one of the better backs this team has had, and there's still a decent portion of this message board that would rather he be a back-up. It's a sad state of affairs. Maybe this team should sign a known abuser. Is Adrian Peterson available?

Anyhow, the current state of the RB room is pitiful. The team really needs at least two more bona fide NFL backs. If you squint hard enough, maybe you think Jaret Patterson is one of those guys. I'm dubious. The problem is the pickings are slim. Between the lack of draft picks and other needs, I don't see this team investing in a RB before the 4th round at the earliest. And while you can find good RBs in the later rounds, this team hasn't done a good job of actually doing it. So I'm open to all options.

As for the juice and the squeeze on Guice, the squeeze is as close to nothing as there can be. So it's hard to make that argument. Maybe the team still doesn't do it, but it should be uncovering any possibility at this point. It should be that desperate. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, method man said:

Why the **** have the last few pages been about Guice? Who cares? He is not coming back here

Says the guy that brought it back up...

Also, we're at 182 pages after signing a established guard and a developmental defender.   We didn't get there by staying focused. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just read on profootballtalk that Patrick Peterson claims that our Commanders where one of 4 teams who made an offer to sign the CB. 

Thoughts? 

I like them going after corner talent.  I’ll be honest though, I have no idea what kind of player Peterson is at this point.  

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Running backs may grow on trees, but you wouldn't know it from watching Washington for...really the last several decades since Gibbs first retired. There are occasionally fits of competence, only to quickly devolve back into below average territory. Washington actually stumbled into a semi-decent RB in Stephen Davis, only to run him out of town once Spurrier arrived. Alfred Morris had a great rookie year, only to turn into something of an Olandis Gary/Mike Anderson Shanahan created mirage. By far the best RB the team has had in the last 20 years is Clinton Portis. Now it only took trading an in their prime Hall of Fame cornerback AND a second round pick to get him. And then the team inexplicably tried to turn him into a power back. Portis was still decent at it, but it's an extremely high price to pay and Portis' best two years by way were his two in Denver. Hell, Antonio Gibson has been one of the better backs this team has had, and there's still a decent portion of this message board that would rather he be a back-up. It's a sad state of affairs. Maybe this team should sign a known abuser. Is Adrian Peterson available?

Anyhow, the current state of the RB room is pitiful. The team really needs at least two more bona fide NFL backs. If you squint hard enough, maybe you think Jaret Patterson is one of those guys. I'm dubious. The problem is the pickings are slim. Between the lack of draft picks and other needs, I don't see this team investing in a RB before the 4th round at the earliest. And while you can find good RBs in the later rounds, this team hasn't done a good job of actually doing it. So I'm open to all options.

As for the juice and the squeeze on Guice, the squeeze is as close to nothing as there can be. So it's hard to make that argument. Maybe the team still doesn't do it, but it should be uncovering any possibility at this point. It should be that desperate. 

This is what I'm saying.....if they turned over every stone for a QB then they should be doing this at RB, LB and other positions too. Gibson has shown that he can have breakout games, but he's also shown that he can't stay healthy for a full season and is fumble prone. He's one of the reasons we lost games last year both because of his fumbles and his missed games. Patterson is what he is, a fill in on a losing team. I agree, this team should be open to more and all options at RB regardless of Gibson's unrealized potential to this point.

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It has nothing to do with proven or unproven. Brown is a proven jackass on many levels. If you read my original post all I say is that RR COULD make a phone call and talk to the kid to see where his head is. As for the allegations....have you ever seen what Brown was accused of doing? It's beyond disgusting. Just hope that someone doesn't sign Guice and he becomes a productive RB in the NFL, especially within the division. Guice is the kind of reclamation project that a team like the Eagles would explore. Your position is noted, you're a NO on Guice and that's totally fine. Guice is only 24 years old and who knows what his potential ceiling is?