Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

32 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is what I'm saying.....if they turned over every stone for a QB then they should be doing this at RB, LB and other positions too. Gibson has shown that he can have breakout games, but he's also shown that he can't stay healthy for a full season and is fumble prone. He's one of the reasons we lost games last year both because of his fumbles and his missed games. Patterson is what he is, a fill in on a losing team. I agree, this team should be open to more and all options at RB regardless of Gibson's unrealized potential to this point.

It has nothing to do with proven or unproven. Brown is a proven jackass on many levels. If you read my original post all I say is that RR COULD make a phone call and talk to the kid to see where his head is. As for the allegations....have you ever seen what Brown was accused of doing? It's beyond disgusting. Just hope that someone doesn't sign Guice and he becomes a productive RB in the NFL, especially within the division. Guice is the kind of reclamation project that a team like the Eagles would explore. Your position is noted, you're a NO on Guice and that's totally fine. Guice is only 24 years old and who knows what his potential ceiling is?

His ceiling is the prison ceiling; he will one day be looking at.

Eventually; he will do something again and this time he will go to prison.

Some team may sign him but he will disappoint that team. He had his shot here and he blew it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

His ceiling is the prison ceiling; he will one day be looking at.

Eventually; he will do something again and this time he will go to prison.

Some team may sign him but he will disappoint that team. He had his shot here and he blew it.

OK, we'll take your word for it now rather than seeing how it plays out. Funny how he's yet to go to prison to this point? 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Just read on profootballtalk that Patrick Peterson claims that our Commanders where one of 4 teams who made an offer to sign the CB. 

Thoughts? 

My first thought was that I'm amazed Patrick Peterson is still playing football. My second was if they were trying to sign him as a position coach.

3rd thought- I'm guessing he wouldn't have counted against the prized comp pick :P

Edited by SpacePenguin

I’ve been trying not to interject on the Guice discussion but at this point, I feel like I must. As I’ve mentioned on here a few times, Derrius has been living under my deck for the past year and a half. I would really appreciate it if some team would give him an opportunity. I’m not sure how else to get rid of him. He hasn’t caused any serious problems but it’s kind’ve awkward when I go under there to get my lawnmower and there’s this disheveled former NFL player sitting there looking all hungry and pitiful.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I so want Wentz to light it up this year, beyond my fandom. The guy has just been dragged through the mud. Meanwhile Trubisky is praised...why? He sat on the bench?

Same thing with guys like Winston and Mariota. Wentz has outperformed them both -- dramatically -- throughout their respective careers. As an Eagles fan, I'm just ill about this trade. I have supported Wentz his entire career. Passionately. I was absolutely gutted when they traded him to the Colts and handed the reins to an inferior player. And now he's going to a division rival, where I have to watch him compete against us? Sickening. And I really don't know how I can simultaneously root against the Commanders and root for Wentz to do well. I guess I'll just have to root for you guys to finish second every year. 

P.S. Wentz is good. Oh, and don't be surprised if his uncle joins this message board (and keeps a low profile). He did that with our board.

Edited by Franklin60
Grammar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

Same thing with guys like Winston Mariota. Wentz has outperformed them both -- dramatically -- throughout their respective careers. As an Eagles fan, I'm just ill about this trade. I have supported Wentz his entire career. Passionately. I was absolutely gutted when they traded him to the Colts and handed the reins to an inferior player. And now he's going to a division rival, where I have to watch him compete against us? Sickening. And I really don't know how I can simultaneously root against the Commanders and root for Wentz to do well. I guess I'll just have to root for you guys to finish second every year. 

P.S. Wentz is good. Oh, and don't be surprised if his uncle joins this message board (and keeps a low profile). He did that with our board.

That might be a good thing;  if his uncle relays what he sees on the board to Wentz. 

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

That might be a good thing;  if his uncle relays what he sees on the board to Wentz. 

Depends on what is said about Wentz.  I hope Wentz doesn't pay any attention to this forum and concentrates on winning instead of the good and bad that is said on a forum.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Depends on what is said about Wentz.  I hope Wentz doesn't pay any attention to this forum and concentrates on winning instead of the good and bad that is said on a forum.  

I wouldn’t worry about that at all, to be honest. I’m pretty sure Carson never pays attention to that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

I wouldn’t worry about that at all, to be honest. I’m pretty sure Carson never pays attention to that sort of thing.

I am happy to have him on our team.  I think Coach Rivera and the GMs we have will try and surround him with weapons at WR and possibly a TE and RB in the draft.  Our OL is already good.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Just read on profootballtalk that Patrick Peterson claims that our Commanders where one of 4 teams who made an offer to sign the CB. 

Thoughts? 

Mine are that we will end up with James Bradberry IF he gets released and doesn’t get traded to KC. We may also look at Trae Waynes, although 2 years injured is a big risk.

It also leave CB firmly on the table for the draft. Could get a damn good one at #11.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Mine are that we will end up with James Bradberry IF he gets released and doesn’t get traded to KC. We may also look at Trae Waynes, although 2 years injured is a big risk.

It also leave CB firmly on the table for the draft. Could get a damn good one at #11.

He would be one heck of an addition.  Im glad Pat P did not sign with us.  He has had a great career, but father time is not defeated.  Our expectations would be he would be prime Pat P, and he simply cannot do that.

Bradberry on the other hand, is a stud.

• Like 2

Another example of how to create in year cap space. Three voidable years on the back end of that deal. Seems common practice this season more so than ever. 

In summary, that’s only a 4mil cap hit this season. 

I like that we haven’t recklessly restructured deals, however we have more than a handful of deals, including Wentz, with 2022 salary cap opportunities in them.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Saints QB Jameis Winston’s two-year, $28 million deal … • $14 million signing bonus. • $15.2 million in Year 1. • Three void years on the back end.

• Like 1

Michael Robinson was talking about Wentz yesterday on TA.  He said that he heard from some guys around the league that Carson's strong religious beliefs sometimes rub people the wrong way,  I have never experienced this at work or with friends, I was wondering what the board that about MRob's take.

I prescribe to the hells kitchen rules.  No politics or religion talk in the kitchen.

Thoughts?

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Another example of how to create in year cap space. Three voidable years on the back end of that deal. Seems common practice this season more so than ever. 

In summary, that’s only a 4mil cap hit this season. 

I like that we haven’t recklessly restructured deals, however we have more than a handful of deals, including Wentz, with 2022 salary cap opportunities in them.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Saints QB Jameis Winston’s two-year, $28 million deal … • $14 million signing bonus. • $15.2 million in Year 1. • Three void years on the back end.

I agree with your premise, however the piper will be calling the Saints soon.

16 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I agree with your premise, however the piper will be calling the Saints soon.

Logic would agree, however they have survived that last 2 offseason in terms of getting under the cap before the start of free agency...and they were hot after Watson. So who knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Logic would agree, however they have survived that last 2 offseason in terms of getting under the cap before the start of free agency...and they were hot after Watson. So who knows.

I agree.  I think another reason that teams that conduct player acquisition in this manor bank on the cap going up every year as well. I am not sure, but eventually it has to happen.  The bills always come due.  Very strange that they would be all in for Watson and 230 M fully guaranteed.  But then again they just add 3 voidable at the end and give him 75 million signing and his cap hit is like 17 M.  smh 

17 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I agree.  I think another reason that teams that conduct player acquisition in this manor bank on the cap going up every year as well. I am not sure, but eventually it has to happen.  The bills always come due.  Very strange that they would be all in for Watson and 230 M fully guaranteed.  But then again they just add 3 voidable at the end and give him 75 million signing and his cap hit is like 17 M.  smh 

The Saints will more than likely sign Tyrann Mathieu now that Jenkins has retired. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Michael Robinson was talking about Wentz yesterday on TA.  He said that he heard from some guys around the league that Carson's strong religious beliefs sometimes rub people the wrong way,  I have never experienced this at work or with friends, I was wondering what the board that about MRob's take.

Sounds like a BS narrative to cover for the degenerate Irsay's pathology. The league is filled with folks cut from tthe very same religious cloth, they put their higher power at the center of everything they do, they can't help it that is who they are. The extreme example being Joe Gibbs, pretty sure he held services at team facilities back in the 80's and didnt piss anyone off. Unless Carson is annointing people with oil or making people genuflect before entering the locker room this is a load of crap. Good for him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

I prescribe to the hells kitchen rules.  No politics or religion talk in the kitchen.

Thoughts?

No politics or religion in stadium but you can go to tailgate and post your question there.

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

Thoughts?

Sounds believable to me. 

1 hour ago, ZarG3 said:

Eh there's been a lot of Steelers talk between him and Tomlin. If anything I see the honey badger going there

There has, but he’s also indicated he like to go back to the area he played college football....and both sides may have been waiting on that Jenkins decision.

Nothing factual in that from me, simply speculating what may happen.