Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Yeah OK....where do you get some of these theories? They're seriously running back year 2 of the rebuild? What rebuild? Fitz couldn't last a full game and you have him winning 2-3 more games for us? I guess if we had Cousins we'd have won 6 more games? Wentz should cover up even more holes? How can you get any more holes than losing your #2 WR, starting TE and both RB's down the stretch? Pass the bottle please.

Well, what I said was if Fitz had stayed healthy, we would have won more games. So yeah, he got hurt and that led to basically the season being over before it started.  But my statement was IF Fitz had stayed healthy, they would have won more games.   

The reason for that theory is Fitz is a better QB than TH.  And he was playing better in training camp by the accounts of everybody who watched training camp.  So if we got good QB play we would have won more games.  We got bad QB play for much of the season.  This, btw, is not an opinion.  This is fact backed up by virtually every QB metric you can have.  

If you replace “bad” with “good” you should get better results.  

It’s not that complicated.  However in order for it to make any sense you can’t have the viewpoint TH is as good a QB as Fitz.  If that’s your belief, then fine. But all of the evidence would suggest otherwise.  

Also to counter the “if they thought he was so bad they could have played Allen” impending comment, the fact they didn’t says a lot more about Allen than it does about TH 

By the numbers, they got bottom quarter of the league QB play throughout the season.  If Fitz hit about his average, he would have been middle of the pack.  Again, hold everything else constant, you should get better results.  

It was bad luck he got hurt in the first game.  It happens.  But it wrecked the season.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

It is now about year 24 of our rebuild.

Depends on how you define rebuild.  Team Organization as a whole rebuild forgetting about who the coaches were or by HC.  I look at it as new regimes with new HCs.  So, this to me is year 3 in the rebuild with RR and Co. at the helm.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

The superbowl Champs get bobby Wagner, the 6 win team gets more congressional investigations.

It's wonderful being a Washington fan isn't it!

Seriously though, how much more does Snyder have to do. He must be embarrassing the "Shield" at this point.  I mean the other owners must be thinking are his actions going to cost us money some how.  I am not even sure how.  

Alex Smith said it right.  They are storied franchise, but the have been in disarray and scandal for 20 years which coincides with when Snyder bought the team.  If Alex Smith thinks this way then others think this way and bad news (so to speak spreads faster) how does a player look at someone straight in the face and says you will be happy here, they treat you right.  So this narrative which is based on truth, permeates throughout the league, and results in nobody of significance wants to play here.  Notwithstanding the facilities are terrible, bad home crowd, not you guys just in general, stadium needs to be re soded  every quarter.  I mean Norwell is here because of Rivera and the OL coach.  I believe that is the main reason why Rivera is going with guys that have ties to him because its too difficult to sign players that do not want too play for the team.  However, if you know what Rivera is about, all class in my opinion, you actually make the decision to play for him and block out the noise.  

Can they just vote and make him sell.  Im exhausted reading these new articles every other day about our once proud franchise,  I want to personally apologize to Jack Kent Cooke, wherever you are that this man has destroyed what you built, sorry guys I do not know any of our previous owners.  Trying to get rid of this guys is like climbing a sand mountain, every step you take, you end up in the same spot, square 1.  

Personally I am embarrassed.

P.S.  Does anyone think that a petition could do anything.  I am willing to do anything.  

Washington Commanders acquire WR D.K. Metcalf from the Seahawks for their 2022 1st rd pick, #11 overall.  This is a great move for the commanders as they try to give newly acquired QB Carson Wentz more weapons at the same time providing insurance for T. McLaurin if he cannot come to a long term contract extension this off season, and elects to test the free agent market.

Holy cow guys and gals, this is a massive move.  I am pretty bumbed to not have at least a shot at drafting Hamilton, but Metcalf is a beast.  Metcalf, TMC, Samuel....know we got us a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Link Bleacher report mobile app.  

Edited by sebestian

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Washington Commanders acquire WR D.K. Metcalf from the Seahawks for their 2022 1st rd pick, #11 overall.  This is a great move for the commanders as they try to give newly acquired QB Carson Wentz more weapons at the same time providing insurance for T. McLaurin if he cannot come to a long term contract extension this off season, and elects to test the free agent market.

Holy cow guys and gals, this is a massive move.  I am pretty bumbed to not have at least a shot at drafting Hamilton, but Metcalf is a beast.  Metcalf, TMC, Samuel....know we got us a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Link Bleacher report mobile app.  

This isn't real, correct?

Wouldn't we need to sign both of them by next year?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd now the Commanders are also for sale twitter.com/fos/status/150…

210    440    6.4K

Oh please let this happen.

First DK and now the team is for sale, what a morning.  Elon is a fav of mine, I hope Elon will buy this team.

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This isn't real, correct?

Wouldn't we need to sign both of them by next year?

I would think so, from what I understand they are starting the restructuring of Wentz and Allen's contracts and they are getting that additional 12 M post June 1.  The Rams have shown us where their is a will their is a way to make it happen.

3 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd now the Commanders are also for sale twitter.com/fos/status/150…

210    440    6.4K

First DK and now the team is for sale, what a morning.  Elon is a fav of mine, I hope Elon will buy this team.

To early for this, but I'm awake enough to know...

• Like 1

I expect some April Fools induced headlines and posts so I will probably avoid this site as much as possible today.

So if you see a headline saying we gave up four first rounders for Drew Lock, relax, take a deep breath, and say to yourself 

'It's only a day'. :)

• Like 2

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I expect some April Fools induced headlines and posts so I will probably avoid this site as much as possible today.

So if you see a headline saying we gave up four first rounders for Drew Lock, relax, take a deep breath, and say to yourself 

'It's only a day'. :)

Sadly it's not just April 1 that we have Fools involved in this organization

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You're aware it's April 1st, right?

I was thinking their is no way that I can get the Metcalf one to fly before being outed.  I knew it was going to be you K, I know it was you.  

Sorry it had to be done.  I wanted to break the ice on April Fools Day.  Sorry just trying to have a little fun because it is going to SNOW on April 1st in my area.  Seriously though, snow in April.  

Side note, I think after new financial info has come to light about Snyder he is out, that is going to happen, just a matter of time.

13 minutes ago, sebestian said:

210    440    6.4K

I would think so, from what I understand they are starting the restructuring of Wentz and Allen's contracts and they are getting that additional 12 M post June 1.  The Rams have shown us where their is a will their is a way to make it happen.

Well, you kind of had me....it just didn't make sense for another guy who needs an extension 😀

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I was thinking their is no way that I can get the Metcalf one to fly before being outed.  I knew it was going to be you K, I know it was you.  

Sorry it had to be done.  I wanted to break the ice on April Fools Day.  Sorry just trying to have a little fun because it is going to SNOW on April 1st in my area.  Seriously though, snow in April.  

Side note, I think after new financial info has come to light about Snyder he is out, that is going to happen, just a matter of time.

This morning I woke up early and took a bunch of doughnut boxes full of veggies to work.   Came home and will go in normal time.   So April Fools is on my mind.   

But also too early.   Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Well, you kind of had me....it just didn't make sense for another guy who needs an extension 😀

I was thinking for it to work it has to be so strange it just might be true. Sorry @DWinzit

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

This morning I woke up early and took a bunch of doughnut boxes full of veggies to work.   Came home and will go in normal time.   So April Fools is on my mind.   

But also too early.   Haha

Nice !!  I got something for a co worker where are whole company is involved.  We are going to get this guy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I’ve had a meh week. I have been prepared for April 1st since Monday… my sense of humor all but evaporated last night. Woke up this AM with a renewed vigor… then I saw the DK Post and I said to myself, “Not today, Devil. Not today.” And here we are.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve had a meh week. I have been prepared for April 1st since Monday… my sense of humor all but evaporated last night. Woke up this AM with a renewed vigor… then I saw the DK Post and I said to myself, “Not today, Devil. Not today.” And here we are.

Sorry bro for your bad week.  I hope it provided a little relief but I hope it did not make it worse.

Just now, sebestian said:

Sorry bro for your bad week.  I hope it provided a little relief but I hope it did not make it worse.

It definitely didn't make it worse! It was all in fun.

But there will be no fun around here on April Fools Day. This place has had some doozies in the past :ols:

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It definitely didn't make it worse! It was all in fun.

But there will be no fun around here on April Fools Day. This place has had some doozies in the past :ols:

I remember a number of years ago where the mods were in on it, long before April 1 became commonplace on the site and you knew it was coming. I think a name change was one, also getting rid of the site was another...been a long time ago though I cant remember the details but had a few of us believing. lol

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

In light of our brother @KDawg and all members who need a pick me up this week, this is my go to when I need to reset positive vibes it never gets old and it still raises the hair on my arms stand up.

YouTube will not allow me to post the video with Al Michaels and J. Madden commentary.  If anyone can do this please do.

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2