Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Calling Shenanigans on their grades.  In no way shape or form is Jamal Adams worse, even if it's just slightly, than Collins at pass rushing.  Adams ability to read how the pocket is breaking down, the QB movement, and him changing his rush is something most Edge players can't do.  The guy's got a natural gift for pass rushing.

2021 was a stupid year for the Seahawks defensive scheme.  They've got a new DC in 2022.  I'd expect Adams to get back to having more freedom as a blitzer, and for them to actually blitz him.  They blitzed him the lowest amount of his career, and all of the blitzes felt either poorly designed, or had him stick to a rush lane for an overload.  Just blegh scheme.

I think it’s a lot closer than you think. Landon’s had 3 sacks in his 6 games in that Buffalo Nickel role extrapolated out to 17 games that wouldve put him at 8.5 sacks on the year. And that’s without teams having to also worry about sweat and/or young for most of that time 

7 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Landon has and will always be a liability when it comes to coverage. He did play better in coverage as a hybrid last year compared to safety. I think we need to move on from him regardless of how cheap we can sign him for. 

Im seeing more and more mocks where Kyle Hamilton may fall  to #11. So question if he is there and Drake London/Garrett Wilson are also there, who do you take? I understand having a 6’5 receiver will excite the fans more but can you really pass on a guy who is maybe a Sean Taylor mini me? Yes he ran a 4.7 but that’s adequate at safety especially at strong and you can put Kam back at free. I know we signed Bobby for 2 years but he could play a bit of corner or Hamilton could play the hybrid lb role. 

I believe Jack likes having interchangeable players, not just one guy one position. 

That topic has been covered a lot in the draft thread.  IMHO Kyle Hamilton is a really good player but not a mini Sean Taylor -- he doesn't have his freakish hitting ability, speed and coverage ability.  But Hamilton IMO is a multi tool safety with good range and with freakish length and excellent instincts.

I am not sure he's a must have at 11 if he falls there but I'd definitely have him on the table and heavily consider taking hiim. 

I like the Derwin James comp.  Hamilton doesn't have James' 4.47 speed.  But Hamilton IMO makes up for with his freakish long arms and really good instincts.  I like Hamilton better than James in coverage.  I like James better than Hamilton rushing the passer and being a meance in the box.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

When I say a mini me Sean Taylor it’s more about his size and his presence all over the field. At ND Hamilton was every where. He even guarded slot receivers. His 40 time at the combine was 4.5 but higher at his pro day maybe due to injury. I agree he may not hit like Sean but his size would help at safety. 

Comparing him to Derwin James is fine with me because James is pretty awesome. Maybe a better comparison is Ed Reed who ran a 4.57. Reed, James or whoever it would be nice to have a game changer in the secondary. I love Kam but having someone else in the secondary who is versatile would mask some our deficiencies especially at line backer. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think it’s a lot closer than you think. Landon’s had 3 sacks in his 6 games in that Buffalo Nickel role extrapolated out to 17 games that wouldve put him at 8.5 sacks on the year. And that’s without teams having to also worry about sweat and/or young for most of that time 

From their skillset as pass rushers, Adams is elite.  His tools to get to the QB are really good.  If you had Collins and put him in the 2019 Jets or 2020 Seahawks scheme, he would not have been able to do what Adams did.

Collins isn't bad.  All I'm saying is I've never seen a safety have such a natural feel for blitzing like Adams did in 2019 or 2020 (Seahawks scheme in 2021 blew).  Now Adams, like Collins, have some serious holes in their overall games.  But just from pass rushing, Adams has the best feel I've ever seen.

I did not know that yesterday was your birthday.  Happy Birthday Sean, God Bless, RIP Sean.  Memory lane.

Blitz like Adams but better.

Cover like Reed, but better.

Run support, like LB, but better

Meast!!

Edited by sebestian
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love the enthusiasm and don't want to be a negative Nancy here but isn't intense band or resistance running exactly what Gilbert Arenas later blamed for his less than full recovery from injury? 

Is this the best kind of workout for an injury prone, slow recovering, fast twitch, athlete like Samuels?

(serious questions)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Love the enthusiasm and don't want to be a negative Nancy here but isn't intense band or resistance running exactly what Gilbert Arenas later blamed for his less than full recovery from injury? 

Is this the best kind of workout for an injury prone, slow recovering, fast twitch, athlete like Samuels?

(serious questions)

It really all depends on the athlete.  Every athlete responds differently to recovering from injury and the various training methods in said recovery.  I'd say he looks good in that clip, but anytime you have a lingering injury such as what Samuels had last year there is a concern bout training regime. 

Time will tell. Just my opinion. 

HTTR!

• Thanks 1

We missed a golden opportunity to land Davante Parker.  Pat's got him for a late round pick and I'm sure the dolphins would have rather traded him to us for the same compensation to keep him out of their division.  He is a high ceiling guy even with his injury history and would have been an affordable number two option as we extend Terry.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We missed a golden opportunity to land Davante Parker.  Pat's got him for a late round pick and I'm sure the dolphins would have rather traded him to us for the same compensation to keep him out of their division.  He is a high ceiling guy even with his injury history and would have been an affordable number two option as we extend Terry.  

Well we don't have a third this year and no way am I giving up a second for Parker when this WR draft class is loaded.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Well we don't have a third this year and no way am I giving up a second for Parker when this WR draft class is loaded.

Only details I've heard so far is late rounder, so it's definitely not a second or third.  Sounds like it's a fifth or later, and in that case, thats a no-brainer to me.  Tall playmaker for Wentz to go along with Terry and maybe a possible 1st rounder, with Samuel as your slot and dyami brown and cam sims as #5/6.  That's a solid, cost efficient unit imo, even with Terry's impending big deal on the books.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/02/dolphins-trading-devante-parker-to-patriots/amp/

So it's Parker and a 5th in exchange for a 3rd.   So we could've gotten him for a 5th or so and not asked for any draft picks coming back.  I would've done it.

Edited by KillBill26

Upgrading from a current 5th to a future 3rd is really not close to the same as just getting a current 5th. I doubt they’d have taken that with this offer on the table even with it being a division rival 

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

You don't know we had any interest.  It's obvious with the amount of FA wideouts that we didn't chase that the team is willing to draft a receiver considering it's a deep draft at the position. 

It's becoming a salary constraint thing (unless you're the Jags). Draft a receiver,  lb, waterboy,  etc as long as you can keep it at a minimum price.  Not that hard to figure out. 

HTTR!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Upgrading from a current 5th to a future 3rd is really not close to the same as just getting a current 5th. I doubt they’d have taken that with this offer on the table even with it being a division rival 

You're right, using this year's draft slot, new England's 3rd rounder is worth our 4th plus an additional late 3rd.  I know the picks in the Parker trade are for 2023 and we don't have a 3rd in 2022.  If Parker were to cost us a 3rd and a 4th next year, I'd probably pass, but I feel that's a fair trade for both sides, just not one Id want the skins to make with chances pretty high that we draft a stud wr this year.  Too many holes to give up two mid round picks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan4128 said:

It's becoming a salary constraint thing (unless you're the Jags). Draft a receiver,  lb, waterboy,  etc as long as you can keep it at a minimum price.  Not that hard to figure out. 

I'm hoping you can clarify what's not that hard to figure out.

Rivera doesn't build exclusively through the draft.   He has signed a number of free agents that are more expensive than Parker.  He has chased premium free agents such as Cooper in the past.  He has also used draft picks to trade up and get a long snapper.  So I wouldn't say he is afraid to spend money or trade picks, if anything, I'd say the moves this offseason are being influenced by him not wanting to lose the 3rd round comp pick, and a trade for Parker wouldn't have affected that.  And parkers contract has 2 years and about 12-13 mil left.   That's not crazy money.

33 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Rivera doesn't build exclusively through the draft.   He has signed a number of free agents that are more expensive than Parker.  He has chased premium free agents such as Cooper in the past.  He has also used draft picks to trade up and get a long snapper.  So I wouldn't say he is afraid to spend money or trade picks, if anything, I'd say the moves this offseason are being influenced by him not wanting to lose the 3rd round comp pick, and a trade for Parker wouldn't have affected that.  And parkers contract has 2 years and about 12-13 mil left.   That's not crazy money.

I think they already know they are going WR at 11 and thought they could draft a better LB in the 2nd than they could sign, since Wagner wasn’t going to come here. 

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

True, but here's the rub on this. It's not just about him.  Snyder ultimately makes the call for contracts (whether the assclown is in day to day ops or not), and given the fact he's losing money hand over fist (at least in terms of how millions of dollars brought in).

Furthermore,  this FO has been frugal in terms of spending the last couple of years. However, it has paid off somewhat (ie L. Thomas,  McKissic).

Rivera has also looked at FAs that fit his brand of players and that has definitely not been high priced FAs. Cooper was the anomaly,  not the norm. He's proven he will go after certain players,  but not as a normal policy.

HTTR!

7 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Only details I've heard so far is late rounder, so it's definitely not a second or third.  Sounds like it's a fifth or later, and in that case, thats a no-brainer to me.  Tall playmaker for Wentz to go along with Terry and maybe a possible 1st rounder, with Samuel as your slot and dyami brown and cam sims as #5/6.  That's a solid, cost efficient unit imo, even with Terry's impending big deal on the books.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/02/dolphins-trading-devante-parker-to-patriots/amp/

So it's Parker and a 5th in exchange for a 3rd.   So we could've gotten him for a 5th or so and not asked for any draft picks coming back.  I would've done it.

Parker's not really a #2 though. He has one really good season (2019), and then a bunch of #3 type seasons. His current team basically ran him out of town. Getting another #3 type WR doesn't seem to help the team out and pushes everyone else down the pecking order. Doesn't seem worth it

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

If this doesn’t get him out then we should call him Teflon Dan. 

In all seriousness this act of not sharing with the other owners in that fraternity is not something that the other owners will let go if proven. 

How much more can this man do to our franchise. 

Edited by sebestian
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What a time for this all to come to a head.  Draft is less than a month away.  Wonder when this House of Cards start to fall.  Think of the people that will be called in to testify.  Joe Gibbs, all those that worked under Snyder.  Wonder if it will ever be known who ratted on Snyder and will this end like it did for the Hill's in Good Fellas?

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1