Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

What a time for this all to come to a head.  Draft is less than a month away.  Wonder when this House of Cards start to fall.  Think of the people that will be called in to testify.  Joe Gibbs, all those that worked under Snyder.  Wonder if it will ever be known who ratted on Snyder and will this end like it did for the Hill's in Good Fellas?

Ugh, spoiler alert!!!

DK METCALF.  Apparently he can be had for the right price according to BR mobile app, via ESPN.  Would we consider trading Sweat for Metcalf, and take care of the WR for a long time.  Please do not at me with salary cap.  Where there is a will their is a way.  What do you think.

source:

The Seattle Seahawks say they have no plans to trade DK Metcalf.

Other league executives aren't so sure.

Metcalf's name is still "buzzing in league circles" following the Seahawks' trade of Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos despite the team's public proclamation that he's not on the block, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

"This is a name that's buzzing in league circles. No guarantee that anything happens here," Fowler said Sunday on SportsCenter. "I'm told that Metcalf has gotten indications, informally from the team, that he's not going to be traded. Seattle has said publicly they have no intention to trade him. But the execs I talk to keep bringing him up that maybe they would either be willing to move on at the right price or that Metcalf would welcome a change. So, something is going on here; it's just hard to figure out what. But he's got one year left on his rookie deal. He would need a new contract as part of a trade. That's the tricky part."

Edited by sebestian

15 minutes ago, Commander Wolffe said:

@sebastian We can't give big money to both TMac and DK. WR help will come through the draft either early or mid rounds.

~Woffle

It's not just that. But Metcalf won't come cheap. Imagine trying to pay Metcalf and McLaurin and giving up 1-2 first rounders too. The team would be capped out and without many draft picks for the next two years (between the Wentz deal and a possible Metcalf one). Maybe if you were on the cusp of a Super Bowl that might make sense. But Washington isn't there

35 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It's not just that. But Metcalf won't come cheap. Imagine trying to pay Metcalf and McLaurin and giving up 1-2 first rounders too. The team would be capped out and without many draft picks for the next two years (between the Wentz deal and a possible Metcalf one). Maybe if you were on the cusp of a Super Bowl that might make sense. But Washington isn't there

Yup and add in Payne with Metcalf and Terry needing long term contracts plus the trade with Sweat would leave a whole at End

I wouldn't pay DK big money. His game will not age well. He's 100% reliant on raw speed which is the first thing that goes away. He won't be anywhere near as productive without a cannon arm Russ Wilson throwing to him. He needs to get paid now because his FA value will drop next year with garbage ass Drew Lock throwing him the ball.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't pay DK big money. His game will not age well. He's 100% reliant on raw speed which is the first thing that goes away. He won't be anywhere near as productive without a cannon arm Russ Wilson throwing to him. He needs to get paid now because his FA value will drop next year with garbage ass Drew Lock throwing him the ball.

DK is 6'4, 235 lbs and chiseled...all WR's longevity in the league depend on speed but DK isn't exactly in the Desean Jackson mold with his speed or size. He's a challenging physical matchup who's tough in the redzone because of his size and strength. To me his great speed is a bonus coupled with his size/strength.

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don’t know if I agree with this. Firstly, he’s not even remotely old enough to worry about that. But regardless, I think it’s overstated how much of his game “just” relies on straight-line speed, and while there’s no denying that he’s a size/speed freak—straight line elite speed does tend to age well in this league. Especially because guys who last long enough for that to become a concern tend to develop plenty of other tricks in their skillset as they age. But look at Calvin as he aged, Desean Jackson, hell our own D Green. 

With his sheer size in relation to that speed, I’d probably worry more about his body holding up before I’d worry about his actual speed fading over time—but he seems to take care of himself and has a ridiculous physique. Plus, you just can’t predict that. Ochocinco ate McDonalds every day and was fine without being a freakish athlete, while Cooley has talked about how much longer he could have played if he ate better and took better care of his body. So there’s no knowing unless you have much more intimate knowledge of these guys, which we don’t from the outside.

Anyways, I wouldn’t trade multiple 1sts for DK or anything. I just disagree with the premise of your post (that his game will age poorly because it’s based on speed). I agree with you that he’s trying to get paid now because his numbers will suffer without a stud QB (obviously). 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He’s 24 years old. He’s not slowing down anytime soon. 

But, I wouldn’t want to give up assets AND pay him a lot. WR salaries are nuts and you could probably get 2/3 of his production from a guy on a rookie contract. That makes more sense to me since we already have Terry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont necessarily agree with your assessment of DK's game. 

12 hours ago, sebestian said:

If Besos purchases Commanders, i think we are going to expand at 1-2 games yearly to the moon.

I remember how the NBA ran Donald Silver out of the league as owner of the Clippers not too long ago.....it feels like something very similar is about to happen with the Commanders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The day of the 2019 draft, I had the following text message exchange with a friend of mine.

Me: Who should the Redskins pick today?

Friend: DK

Me: Me neither.

I just saw what yo did there.

For the record.  I only said that if DK is available you have to inquire what it would take.  I mentioned Sweat, I never referenced 2 1sts.  If that is what Seattle is looking for then pass.  However, DK is a stud.  Big body, speed to burn, and Wentz has just as good or better arm talent then Russel.  Sometimes I wonder if we hate are own players.  God I hope Carson rips it up.  Especially for Irsay.  I would have that game circled TWICE!  I digress.

IMO trading Sweat for Metcalf is a no brainer.  Lets say that it is straight up you still don't do it.  Receivers are no sure thing in the draft, just like in life nothing is for sure.  If a 24 yr old monster becomes avail, you darn well sure better find out what it would take.  IMO it is also easier to find a edge rusher then a solid #1 receiver in the draft.  I do not advocate for giving up the farm for Metcalf, however trading Sweat for Metcalf, that's good business.  

The capped out argument does not hold water.  He have countless examples of that.  Are we not going to have to pay Sweat?

Just saying.

At the very least it got us popsting again.

@Koolblue13lol I saw that but idk who he thinks he’s kidding :ols: Looks to have about 6% body fat and looks ridiculous. Ochocinco ate McDonald’s every day and still looked good, but he never looked freakish like DK. That doesn’t just happen with a bad diet lol

1 minute ago, Conn said:

@Koolblue13lol I saw that but idk who he thinks he’s kidding :ols: Looks to have about 6% body fat and looks ridiculous. Ochocinco ate McDonald’s every day and still looked good, but he never looked freakish like DK. That doesn’t just happen with a bad diet lol

Dude, I'm a nutritionist and vegan chef, so I take it crazy serious. Guys like Pete Carrol, Tom Brady and 1/4 of the Titans and a ton of other athletes eat that way to get an edge.

But there's always that one guy who can eat just donuts and ony get the protien somehow. Drives me nuts.

Some people are just freaks.

• Like 2

Carolina is in a worst place then us.  The have to draft a QB, and they do not know what is going to happen behind with people trying to jump them.  Why is it relevant, Darnold cant hold Wentz's hmm.....clipboard?  Have faith boys, once Snyds is out and a couple of additions, I like our prospects for success

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dude, I'm a nutritionist and vegan chef, so I take it crazy serious. Guys like Pete Carrol, Tom Brady and 1/4 of the Titans and a ton of other athletes eat that way to get an edge.

But there's always that one guy who can eat just donuts and ony get the protien somehow. Drives me nuts.

Some people are just freaks.

What's up Kool.  Nutritionist you say.  Know I see the yoga being relevant.  I love yoga. Amazing for mind, body, and soul.  Of course, when you can do yoga on the beach in February their must be a lot of brook psychiatrists in your neighborhood.  

MY FIREPLACE IS ON FOR PETES SAKE.

so, If Hamilton is their we are picking him.  If not trade down is ideal?