Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

He’s not starting over Cooper in Cleveland.

Thomas Saints.

Moore Panthers

Samuels 49’s

Waddle Miami(?) because he’s a rookie.

I think he will cost more and start over Cooper. Cooper is excellent, though and they are close.

Thomas didn't play last year. He and Terry would be 1a and 1b.

Deebo isn't really the #1 receiver. He's the #1 target. There's a difference. A lot of his yards are rushing. He wouldn't replace Samuels touches, that I agree with. But I could see him as their top receiving option.

Waddle is a slot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think he will cost more and start over Cooper. Cooper is excellent, though and they are close.

Thomas didn't play last year. He and Terry would be 1a and 1b.

Deebo isn't really the #1 receiver. He's the #1 target. There's a difference. A lot of his yards are rushing. He wouldn't replace Samuels touches, that I agree with. But I could see him as their top receiving option.

Waddle is a slot. 

But if we're talking about this year I think he starts on KC and GB, too. 

46 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Who would Terry start over if he suited up for Dallas last year?

On the outside?
He would have been the slot guy, that’s just the truth of the situation.

Thats one team. I didn't say he would be WR #1 for every team, I said he would be WR #1 for half the teams in the league. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

You have GOT to be joking. Terry is a top 15 WR in the NFL - he would be WR#1 for at least half the teams in the league. 

Most importantly he is head and shoulders the WR#1 in Washington and one of the few true elite level player on the team - and he's also a (if not the) team leader. His value to this team is significant.

TOTALLY AGREE.....I would pay Terry top dollar like Jonathan Allen has been paid.  I really enjoyed seeing Allen raise his level of play after he was paid.  Allen and Terry are cut from the same mold.  They work hard, lead and a true pro's.  

Today's high price tag is tomorrow's bargain.  We need to pay the man and I think we will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Are you crazy? Terry should be 60 million guaranteed. 

There is no way he should get paid more than Adams.

Is Diggs getting more then Adams?  Are you saying that he should that TMAC should get more then Diggs.  Diggs has back to back 1400 yd seasons.  I am not sure about your post.

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Is Diggs getting more then Adams?  Are you saying that he should that TMAC should get more then Diggs.  Diggs has back to back 1400 yd seasons.  I am not sure about your post.

Diggs deserves that contract. His numbers from 7 years in the league says so.

Terry’s is trying to get paid on what he may do . That to me means he’s lower salary.

7 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Diggs hasn't had back to back 1400 yard seasons. But he's still been tremendous.

Diggs got $70M guaranteed over 4 years.

Adams got $65.5ishM guaranteed over 5.

Adams has a higher base salary.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

The "Ron is protecting a 3rd round comp pick, instead of improving the team" thing was funny at first, but I think some people are actually starting to believe that bull****.  :ols:

I know, do these people realize it’s equivalent to an early 4th round pick?? It’s nice to have when it fits into a long term roster building strategy that’s already paying off for a safe and established regime, but I don’t think Rivera goes all-in with a vet QB and then doesn’t improve the team because of it…

• Like 2

Just now, Riggodrill44 said:

No, I said there are a ton of WR I would take over Terry. You keep insisting that he is better that half of the leagues WR, he isn’t, and scouts will tell you the same thing.

PFF is just one metric - but its based on film breakdown. They have Terry at 15th in the NFL in 2021.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-wide-receiver-rankings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggodrill44 said:

No, I said there are a ton of WR I would take over Terry. You keep insisting that he is better that half of the leagues WR, he isn’t, and scouts will tell you the same thing.

You just said I was saying he's the best receiver in the league. Now you're saying I'm saying he's better than half of 300 receivers.

Which is it?

You're all over the place. That's the mark of someone who doesn't have a great debate.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

I know, do these people realize it’s equivalent to an early 4th round pick?? It’s nice to have when it fits into a long term roster building strategy that’s already paying off for a safe and established regime, but I don’t think Rivera goes all-in with a vet QB and then doesn’t improve the team because of it…

The most weighted that I could see that 3rd being in a decision about the roster, is if it's a 1 year deal for someone. I'd rather have the 3rd instead of a rental, but Ron knows the seats pretty hot. He's not going to risk his future for a 3rd round pick.  :ols:

• Like 2

Arguing over who McLaurin would or wouldn't start over is a pointless one. In today's NFL you need essentially three #1s. Three aces. I'm not saying they all have to be stars, but you need three guys who can make plays and legitimately worry opposing defenses. And McLaurin is absolutely a #1 and a guy teams are afraid of and have to account for. Whether other teams have better receivers or not is irrelevant because he's still a top 3 guy on ANY offense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Arguing over who McLaurin would or wouldn't start over is a pointless one. In today's NFL you need essentially three #1s. Three aces. I'm not saying they all have to be stars, but you need three guys who can make plays and legitimately worry opposing defenses. And McLaurin is absolutely a #1 and a guy teams are afraid of and have to account for. Whether other teams have better receivers or not is irrelevant because he's still a top 3 guy on ANY offense.

Both teams in the Superbowl had 1 great receiver and then bupkis. Jefferson had 800 yards which is pretty good, but not WR1 numbers. OBJ was a nice addition last, but he didn't light it up, either. Boyd and Higgens had nice years, but I wouldn't call them WR1s. Just good role players.

Get one stud, stick to him and feed the **** out of him and have some nice role players, but to say you need 3 WR1s is crazy. Cowboys Bucs and Bills had great trios, but that's about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

PFF is just one metric - but its based on film breakdown. They have Terry at 15th in the NFL in 2021.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-wide-receiver-rankings

For the most part I would agree with their rankings except for Tee Higgins, Renfrow, Lockett. On the other hand Hopkins had an off year and Keenan Allen is ranked pretty low. I would say Terry would be in the top 12ish. 

And CeeDee is pretty darn good and probably more athletic than Terry. I think Cowboys are comfortable with him being the number one and shipping Cooper out. Being a bit homer I think its a toss up. 

22 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Diggs deserves that contract. His numbers from 7 years in the league says so.

Terry’s is trying to get paid on what he may do . That to me means he’s lower salary.

Agreed. But it’s going to plus 20M thanks to the Kirk contract

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Diggs hasn't had back to back 1400 yard seasons. But he's still been tremendous.

Diggs got $70M guaranteed over 4 years.

Adams got $65.5ishM guaranteed over 5.

Adams has a higher base salary.

Thought I heard that on GMFB this morning,  sorry about that. I did not realize that Diggs got more guaranteed money. 

Thx K