Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You should see some of the ideas we were coming up with in the private members forum this year.

Are Italian Canadians allowed in the club.  What's the initiation!!

5 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

So which part is the April fools joke. Is it Metcalf or the team for sale. Darn it guys you really had me crying with tears of joy. Now I'm just crying for no darn reason. I really hate you guys. 

The team for sale I found on google.  I made up the Metcalf one.  Metcalf is for sure April Fools Joke.  But don't be surprised when he sells because that is going to happen.

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Are Italian Canadians allowed in the club.  What's the initiation!!

You have to PM @Jumbo and talk to him about it. Don't let him bull**** you though. We just lost a couple of the older guys so there's room for you. Just bug him about it.

7 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

So which part is the April fools joke. Is it Metcalf or the team for sale. Darn it guys you really had me crying with tears of joy. Now I'm just crying for no darn reason. I really hate you guys. 

https://www.tomorrowtides.com/washington-commanders-owner-files-for-bankruptcy-.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You have to PM @Jumbo and talk to him about it. Don't let him bull**** you though. We just lost a couple of the older guys so there's room for you. Just bug him about it.

https://www.tomorrowtides.com/washington-commanders-owner-files-for-bankruptcy-.html

When Jumbo asks for the password just tell him, "analbumcover", all lowercase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Keim's podcast.   2nd podcast in a row where he said Landon Collins is still on their radar.  Clearly, they have a price tag on him and if he doesn't get that beat from another team there is a chance he might be back. 

I would really hate to sit out on drafting a LBer this year, but going WR, RB, TE might be the best move for us.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

Washington Commanders acquire WR D.K. Metcalf from the Seahawks for their 2022 1st rd pick, #11 overall.  This is a great move for the commanders as they try to give newly acquired QB Carson Wentz more weapons at the same time providing insurance for T. McLaurin if he cannot come to a long term contract extension this off season, and elects to test the free agent market.

Holy cow guys and gals, this is a massive move.  I am pretty bumbed to not have at least a shot at drafting Hamilton, but Metcalf is a beast.  Metcalf, TMC, Samuel....know we got us a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Link Bleacher report mobile app.  

Youre A Liar GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Today is April 1st. Contrary to popular opinion, you should, in fact, stop believin'

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would really hate to sit out on drafting a LBer this year, but going WR, RB, TE might be the best move for us.

I was going to put this on the draft thread but your post leads into it well.

I used to think they are going LB in the first, I am not so sure anymore.  

Rivera could be playing games publicly but its not his style that's more Shanny's style as to subterfuge.

He said recently he wants to give Wentz players to be successful.  

Then we got the recent stuff about Holcomb.   Interest in maybe bringing back Collins to play Buffalo nickel.

the kicker for me is I just listened to Keim's podcast where he interviewed Rivera at the hotel at the NFL meeting.  The audio was really lousy on it so I am not 100% confident I heard everything right.  But in it he explained that coaches sold him to some extent on Holcomb making the transition to inside.  And then the part I am not 100% sure I heard right was he seemed to specifically mention LBs in the 2nd round. 

He also dropped a hint on what he was watching for in the prodays that give me some interest in rewatching to see if I can piece together the clues.  He did mention liking the body language and interaction from an Ohio State player.

Anyway all of this gives me the vibe that Wr might be on the table.  Also get hints about they'd like to trade down.  He also pretty much gave away that he loved Willis' interview with them.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera could be playing games publicly but its not his style that's more Shanny's style as to subterfuge.

Then we got the recent stuff about Holcomb.   Interest in maybe bringing back Collins to play Buffalo nickel.

the kicker for me is I just listened to Keim's podcast where he interviewed Rivera at the hotel at the NFL meeting.  The audio was really lousy on it so I am not 100% confident I heard everything right.  But in it he explained that coaches sold him to some extent on Holcomb making the transition to inside.  And then the part I am not 100% sure I heard right was he seemed to specifically mention LBs in the 2nd round. 

He also dropped a hint on what he was watching for in the prodays that give me some interest in rewatching to see if I can piece together the clues.  He did mention liking the body language and interaction from an Ohio State player.

Anyway all of this gives me the vibe that Wr might be on the table.  Also get hints about they'd like to trade down.  He also pretty much gave away that he loved Willis' interview with them.

Wide receiver is the right play as long as they have the prospects on the board similarly rated and aren’t passing on what they believe to be a superior talent just because “receiver”.

I don’t particularly want it to be Olave. I like him, and think he’ll be at the very least decent for us. So it wouldn’t be pure dislike. But there are two others in the first and at least one later round target I’d prefer to him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've changed my thinking too. We're drafting Olave in the first, hopefully with a small trade down, to recoup our 3rd. LBer in the 2nd, which I'm assuming will be Anderson with the way they love the RAS guys, maybe Chenal or Muma. Not sure. TE I think is still a lock for the 4rth. RB in the 3rd. There is no way we don't add a RB, after Gibby got benched.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wide receiver is the right play as long as they have the prospects on the board similarly rated and aren’t passing on what they believe to be a superior talent just because “receiver”.

I don’t particularly want it to be Olave. I like him, and think he’ll be at the very least decent for us. So it wouldn’t be pure dislike. But there are two others in the first and at least one later round target I’d prefer to him.

Yeah I've been on board with WR as an option for a long time.   I know you have as well.

For me my top 5 have been London, Wilson, Olave, Williams, Burks.  I'd be happy with all of them.  I get your point about Olave but I am ok with the fit.  As far as Williams, I'd likely pass because of the unjury.

As for the wait for the 2nd round crowd.

I think Dotson is gone.  Loved him during the college season, then backed off some, but I am back on board.  After them I've been on Christian Watson for awhile.  But I think he's gone, too.  Skyy Moore 50-50 he's there IMO.  

I am a big Calvin Austin guy for awhile and I see you have joined me on that.  I think he's there in the mid 2nd.  I like Alec Pierce I know you not so much,  I think he's there in the 2nd-3rd.  I am also big on Wan'dale Robinson i think he's going in the third.  

I am staring to watch some others.   but in short, while I agree that the WR class is deep, i am not sure i agree that there will be many apples to apples talent from our pick in the 2nd and what we can do in the first.  I do think we can get away with trading down in the first.  But I am not so convinced that the talent at our pick in the 2nd is just a hair off the first.

• Like 2

Yeah I've been on board with WR as an option for a long time.   I know you have as well.

For me my top 5 have been London, Wilson, Olave, Williams, Burks.  I'd be happy with all of them.  I get your point about Olave but I am ok with the fit.  As far as Williams, I'd likely pass because of the unjury.

As for the wait for the 2nd round crowd.

I think Dotson is gone.  Loved him during the college season, thern backed off some, but I am back on board.  After them I've been on Christian Watson for awhile.  But I think he's gone, too.  Skyy Moore 50-50 he's there IMO.  

I am a big Calvin Austin guy for awhile and I see you have joined me on that.  I think he's there in the mid 2nd.  I like Alec Pierce I know you no so much,  I think he's there in the 2nd-3rd.  I am also big on Wan'dale Robinson i think he's going in the third.  

I am staring to watch some others.   but in short, while I agree that WR class is deep, i am not sure i agree that there will be many apples to apples talent from our pick in the 2nd and what we can do in the first.  I do think we can get away with trading down in the first.  But I am not so convinced that the talent at our pick in the 2nd is just a hair off the first.

I have a feeling Calvin Austin is going to go in the first. I don't know why. Nothing I've read suggests that. But he is the most electric player in this class. There is something to be said for that. I'd much prefer him over Olave.

London > Calvin Austin > Wilson > Olave

Austin is tricky because we don't know where the hell he's going to wind up going. So it's hard to say, "pass in the first on receiver and we can get him in the second". Too big of a risk. You'd have to try to get him as early as possible and I'm not sure I'd draft him over Wilson even though I prefer him. 

I struggle with Burks. I like him a lot but when I compare him to the receivers I want/think work he just doesn't seem to slot in.

I wish Williams was healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've changed my thinking too. We're drafting Olave in the first, hopefully with a small trade down, to recoup our 3rd. LBer in the 2nd, which I'm assuming will be Anderson with the way they love the RAS guys, maybe Chenal or Muma. Not sure. TE I think is still a lock for the 4rth. RB in the 3rd. There is no way we don't add a RB, after Gibby got benched.

As for Anderson, I wish I can find a game of his to watch.  I've seen highlights.  But listening to Logan Paulsen who obviously found some games to watch gush about him especially after gushing about Lloyd and sharing my feelings about Chena, not as high on Harris as some mock drafters, among other things -- I'll trust his instincts because we share opinions on other fronts on that spot.  Yeah his measurables are insane. 

As far as TE, the 4th is a good spot.  For me its Charlie Kolar, Woods.  I am watching some others that I think I can go for in that range which I'll share soon in the draft thread.

• Like 1

I don't like playing the "we'll draft x position in x round" game because... it literally never happens that way. Ever. Things go awry and plans change. But...

My ideal draft where everything falls as it needs to:

1st: Receiver

Other positions I'd like addressed: RB, Hybrid

The rest I don't care. Take the players who make us better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

This team already has two young TEs. I get Reyes may not make the team in 2022 but I’d rather have a veteran who can slot in and contribute right away while Logan is on PUP

This is another place where Drake London comes into play. Not a tight end but a big bodied TE type target to take some pressure off of Bates. I'm totally fine with John Bates as our starting Y. I think he's solid, will continue to grow and love the way he plays in the run and pass game. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have a feeling Calvin Austin is going to go in the first. I don't know why. Nothing I've read suggests that. But he is the most electric player in this class. There is something to be said for that. I'd much prefer him over Olave.

London > Calvin Austin > Wilson > Olave

Austin is tricky because we don't know where the hell he's going to wind up going. So it's hard to say, "pass in the first on receiver and we can get him in the second". Too big of a risk. You'd have to try to get him as early as possible and I'm not sure I'd draft him over Wilson even though I prefer him. 

I struggle with Burks. I like him a lot but when I compare him to the receivers I want/think work he just doesn't seem to slot in.

I wish Williams was healthy. 

The thing that I think allows Austin to drop is the 5 71/2, 170 pounds measurables.   Personally I think the fact that he has a freakish vertical-catch radius among other things offset that.  Most mock drafers seem to see him in third round.  I see him going in the 2nd.  Probably right around our pick.  But who knows?  Will see.

I like Drake London the best too, unless he has a crappy 40 in his pro day which I think is coming up Monday or so. 

I'd go Wilson over Olave. 

Whenever I watch Burks, I really like him but for some reason it doesn't stick with me the way it does for example with London.  But he's a freakish talent with the ball in his hands.

As for Olave, I like his quick feet and general smoothness as to how he plays.  Reminds me of a slighly poor man's version Devonta Smith.  Devonta to me is more of a baller than Olave and a better YAC guy.

Williams IMO is killer if he's healthy IMO he would be the best fit for Wentz if healthy.  But considering he's not, I like London the best unless he bombs his pro day.

I think the folly some have in the 2nd round as for WRs is riding with the assumption that we will have multiple 2nd tier choices in the 2nd round.  The thing is we got 14 picks ahead of us in the 2nd round.  And some of that next group of receivers could go late first.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't like playing the "we'll draft x position in x round" game because... it literally never happens that way. Ever. Things go awry and plans change. But...

My ideal draft where everything falls as it needs to:

1st: Receiver

Other positions I'd like addressed: RB, Hybrid

The rest I don't care. Take the players who make us better.

Yeah I am not married to a position per round either.   But if they are looking for a TE or for that matter RB and they supposedly might be so there might be a good marriage between BPA and need in the 4th round at those spots.  

• Like 1

The thing that I think allows Austin to drop is the 5 71/2, 170 pounds measurables.   Personally I think the fact that he has a freakish vertical-catch radius among other things offset that.  Most mock drafers seem to see him in third round.  I see him going in the 2nd.  Probably right around our pick.  But who knows?  Will see.

I like Drake London the best too, unless he has a crappy 40 in his pro day which I think is coming up Monday or so. 

I'd go Wilson over Olave. 

Whenever I watch Burks, I really like him but for some reason it doesn't stick with me the way it does for example with London.  But he's a freakish talent with the ball in his hands.

As for Olave, I like his quick feet and general smoothness as to how he plays.  Reminds me of a slighly poor man's version Devonta Smith.  Devonta to me is more of a baller than Olave and a better YAC guy.

Williams IMO is killer if he's healthy IMO he would be the best fit for Wentz if healthy.  But considering he's not, I like London the best unless he bombs his pro day.

I think the folly some have in the 2nd round as for WRs is riding with the assumption that we will have multiple 2nd tier choices in the 2nd round.  The thing is we got 14 picks ahead of us in the 2nd round.  And some of that next group of receivers could go late first.

Olave is really smooth and he's fast. And he's GREAT at finding vacancies and helping his QB when they break the pocket. But he's not going to do anything terribly game breaking. He will be steady, and productive. So I'm not DOWN on him. I just think a guy like London or Austin, in different ways of course, can be game breakers. London as a move the chains and then sneak behind you guy. Austin as a "good luck in man" and DB hip turner playmaker. 

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, sebestian said:

I want to personally apologize to Jack Kent Cooke, wherever you are that this man has destroyed what you built, 

You should be BLAMING Jack Kent Cooke!

As great of an owner that he was, his decision to not give the team to his son , led us to that guy that is destroying the franchise, piece by piece 😡😡😡

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Olave is really smooth and he's fast. And he's GREAT at finding vacancies and helping his QB when they break the pocket. But he's not going to do anything terribly game breaking. He will be steady, and productive. So I'm not DOWN on him. I just think a guy like London or Austin, in different ways of course, can be game breakers. London as a move the chains and then sneak behind you guy. Austin as a "good luck in man" and DB hip turner playmaker. 

Drake London's style of play is tailor made for Wentz.  Wentz's wheel house looking at the charts is the 2nd level in between the numbers and deep posts.   Terry fits that well enough.  But they need another threat.   Terry was one of the most double covered receivers in the league last year.

Love Austin, been on him for awhile but I don't think we got to take him in the first or at a minimum not the early first.  Love his play but the 5 '7, 170 pounds put him in that Tarik Cohen range that i think it will drop to the 2nd.  But I do think someone like him who can take the top off is tailor made. Christian Watson IMO same thing but he's more vertical and not as much underneath as Austin.  Both of them with sick YPC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Drake London's style of play is tailor made for Wentz.  Wentz's wheel house looking at the charts is the 2nd level in between the numbers and deep posts.   Terry fits that well enough.  But they need another threat.   Terry was one of the most double covered receivers in the league last year.

Love Austin, been on him for awhile but I don't think we got to take him in the first or at a minimum not the early first.  Love his play but the 5 '7, 170 pounds put him in that Tarik Cohen range that i think it will drop to the 2nd.  But I do think someone like him who can take the top off is tailor made. Christian Watson IMO same thing but he's more vertical and not as much underneath as Austin.  Both of them with sick YPC.

I like the underneath guy for our offense versus the take the top off guy. I think Dyami is going to prove he can take the top off. We don't have an underneath guy that makes DCs anxious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You should be BLAMING Jack Kent Cooke!

As great of an owner that he was, his decision to not give the team to his son , led us to that guy that is destroying the franchise, piece by piece 😡😡😡

Watching Winning Time on HBO Max, JKC was the owner of the Lakers before selling to Dr. Buss. He wasn't exactly a saint either. The Lakers were a MESS his last few years.

JKC lucked into Bobby Beathard/Joe Gibbs, otherwise I'm not sure he's that much better than Snyder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Watching Winning Time on HBO Max, JKC was the owner of the Lakers before selling to Dr. Buss. He wasn't exactly a saint either. The Lakers were a MESS his last few years.

JKC lucked into Bobby Beathard/Joe Gibbs, otherwise I'm not sure he's that much better than Snyder.

Made the same point in the stadium thread yesterday. literally the difference between being considered a good and bad owner is one or two football decisions. Hell JKC reportedly wanted to fire gibbs in his first season. Irsay lucks into Manning and Luck and is considered good owner despite his mistress being found dead overdosed on drugs in one of three homes he bought for her and gets arrested for DUI with drugs in his car with another mistress. Bob Kraft gets caught having a little too much fun in Asian massage parlors that was getting investigated for sex trafficking but he got lucky with brady and Belichick. Unfortunately the only real measure of a good owner is whether you win or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1