Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get why Dan did it because heck no one big would want to come here otherwise.  But we don't have to live in that world anymore.

I know where you stand. I don’t want our HC to be our GM either. I have said I would replace Ron in both roles, which is the most likely outcome of this season. I’m pretty sure you and most here will get your wish.

I do think there is a less likely scenario where Ron would stay on as HC but relinquish his GM duties for the final year of his contract, which is not a much discussed option on here. 

I predicted a playoff appearance. I still think that’s a possibility. But I expect wholesale changes is the more likely outcome. 

I expect Howell and EB to make strides each week and that our defense will put us in position to win a lot of games. We shall see. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I do think there is a less likely scenario where Ron would stay on as HC but relinquish his GM duties for the final year of his contract, which is not a much discussed option on here. 

Could happen.  I wouldn't like it but wouldn't hate it.  

56 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I predicted a playoff appearance. I still think that’s a possibility. But I expect wholesale changes is the more likely outcome. 

I'd love a playoff appearance.  I want to go to it, I kick myself for going to so many games but never seeing a playoff game.  I doubt it happens this season but I don't think its a long shot either.  I'd bet maybe a 25% chance or so.

For me to have some faith they do it, I'd want them to win the next 2 games.  If they do that, then that 25% goes up to 50% for me.

58 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I expect Howell and EB to make strides each week and that our defense will put us in position to win a lot of games. We shall see. 

I like Howell.  But rookies (which he essentially is) tend to have ups and downs baked in the cake.    I like EB too.  And the defense.  Will see.  

• Like 1

Get that third and don't look back.

Also it would mean the fans might relax when Howell is up and down like all rookie QBs are instead of holding him to a crazy high standard and screaming for Jacoby. If you want to see what Howell can be, you have to roll with the mistakes. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

I don't think the Jets have the ability to offer their 1 or 2 in any capacity as they are tied up w/ their Rodgers deal. That means you gotta open the bidding at their 3, and I don't think they give that up given their sudden cap situation w/ Rodgers.

I still don't think you move JB given what we have seen out of our O-line. I have no confidence they can keep a QB healthy. I don't have 100% confidence Howell will do enough to keep himself healthy either, so that hurts the situation as well.

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think the Jets have the ability to offer their 1 or 2 in any capacity as they are tied up w/ their Rodgers deal. That means you gotta open the bidding at their 3, and I don't think they give that up given their sudden cap situation w/ Rodgers.

Isn't their 1st round pic back to NY now that Rogers can't play 65% of their snaps?

Just now, bowhunter said:

Isn't their 1st round pic back to NY now that Rogers can't play 65% of their snaps?

Its a lock to be a 2nd rounder instead of a 1st, but I don't think a conditional pick is awarded until its official.

So until the season wraps and Rodgers has officially not played 65%... I'm pretty sure their 1st and 2nd are untouchable. Unless Rodgers retires I guess.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Its a lock to be a 2nd rounder instead of a 1st, but I don't think a conditional pick is awarded until its official.

So until the season wraps and Rodgers has officially not played 65%... I'm pretty sure their 1st and 2nd are untouchable. Unless Rodgers retires I guess.

No one giving a first for Brissett but you could in theory trade a conditional 3rd that becomes a first if Rodgers doesn’t play 65% of the snaps. The condition doesn’t conflict with the Green Bay trade. That’s how you their first.