Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

What's the cap implications?

He had like $75M fully guaranteed over this year and next. So he’s getting paid next year come what may I would guess.

Dead cap next season would around $66M. Deal was set up based on him playing 3 seasons not 3 snaps!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know the structure of the salary but assuming they are screwed on the cap.

The one redeeming thing from for the Jets is I believe they had a play time tie to the draft compensation to GB

Thinking they will still be in play in that division at least, their D looks good.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know the structure of the salary but assuming they are screwed on the cap.

The one redeeming thing from for the Jets is I believe they had a play time tie to the draft compensation to GB

They only owe a 2nd round pick now. 65% of snaps triggered the 1st rounder.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Thinking they will still be in play in that division at least, their D looks good.

Wilson at QB is extremely limiting. Peyton Manning was pretty clear that the best way to play call with Wilson at QB was to not call pass plays!

Just now, Chris 44 said:

3 snaps equals .000002 %      Just kidding...no idea really.

Actually it was 4 snaps. 5 if you count the achiles.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

they aren't bad.  Stacked RB room.  Stacked receiver group.  Stacked defense. 

Questions are the O line and QB.  

If they play within themselves, limit mistakes, having already beaten Buffalo they could make a push in that division.

Playing within themselves sounds a lot like us with the rookieish QB and bad OL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sure.   Their set up isn't that different from ours.  I like their RBs better than ours.  I ike Howell better than Zach and Howell is of course a work in progress.  Both with meh at best O lines

Zach scored me 300 bucks with an INT last night, seems like the drop off from rodgers is a cliff lol. The jets got lucky last night sneaking out a win but I don't see them making the paloffs with how abhorrent wilson plays.

Being older could affect his healing, Will Brinson, but his age wasn't what caused the injury. It looked like his cleats got stuck in the turf and the ankle stretched forward waaaaaaaay more than an ankle is supposed to stretch.

Edited by ntotoro

I'd love to rip off the Jets in a trade. But it's also a cautionary tale. As far as I know, the confidence in our O-Line isn't that much higher than the confidence in the Jets' line. If Howell gets injured and Brissett is gone, we'd have to be prepared to stomach a significant amount of Jake Fromm. To be fair, if our QB gets killed like that, our season is probably over anyway, but it would be ugly, and Ron would have to be willing to commit career suicide to do it.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd love to rip off the Jets in a trade. But it's also a cautionary tale. As far as I know, the confidence in our O-Line isn't that much higher than the confidence in the Jets' line. If Howell gets injured and Brissett is gone, we'd have to be prepared to stomach a significant amount of Jake Fromm.

Agree.  I think for starters no way Ron would do it.  But I don't think this season is headed for anything special.  If I expected a big season, I'd hold Brissett.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they can get lets say a 3rd or 4th for Brissett, I'd love it.  But the downside among many of having your HC as the GM is they are unlikely to make moves that serve tomorrow over today.   A real GM would consider it, I'd bet if a good offer came. 

I would snatch the Jets hands off for a 3rd pick for Brissett!! But I agree with you I doubt Ron the HC coaching for his job pulls that trigger - that leave him one snap away from Jake Fromm starting games.

• Like 2