Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I would snatch the Jets hands off for a 3rd pick for Brissett!! But I agree with you I doubt Ron the HC coaching for his job pulls that trigger - that leave him one snap away from Jake Fromm starting games.

Yeah for me this has nothing to do with me being down on Ron's competence as a GM.  This is about the problem with ANY HC being in charge of personnel.  There will be moments and this is one of them where the politics of the moment -- supersedes what's best for the team long term. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

some good points below.  Zach isn't good or at least hasn't been so far but he can move at least.  Wentz without a good O line I don't think is the answer for them, i don't think he would be better than Wilson.  Maybe Colt?

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.33.33 AM.png

Commanders fans

Awkward Look Monkey Puppet | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Should absolutely trade Jacoby if we get a good offer. This season is primarily about finding out if Howell is the guy. If Ron ends up playing Jacoby barring injury, he's fired. 

I agree,  Trade Jacoby and get some new O-Line  upgrades while at it.  

14 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Should absolutely trade Jacoby if we get a good offer. This season is primarily about finding out if Howell is the guy. If Ron ends up playing Jacoby barring injury, he's fired. 

Sam nearly had a concussion in the first quarter. Almost had his acl torn on a sack where he got hit low and was somewhat reckless with his body most of the game. If we keep winning and he goes down and we traded Brissett for a 4th, we look like morons.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Would you trade J. Brissett for D. Cook straight up? sign QB off practice squad?  look for OL help else ware. Or

Brissett/Gibson   Wilson/Cook ?      3rd down no.2 back for Jets.      3rd down no.2 back for Wash.  Brissett NY starter. Wilson no.2 backup.

Zach Wilson is a dead-end to this franchise. Two young QBs on the team who need to develop. One who is likeable, one who is moxie man but without the moxie.

The Jets need him because they just demonstrated that they need a 2nd QB who can play in some fashion.

Cook would be cool, but he is their offense and without the O-Line, I doubt he'd help much here. And unfortunately, the Jets have no O-Linemen to spare. A minimum of a draft pick, or no deal.

Edited by NickyJ

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Zach Wilson is a dead-end to this franchise. Two young QBs on the team who need to develop. One who is likeable, one who is moxie man but without the moxie.

The Jets need him because they just demonstrated that they need a 2nd QB who can play in some fashion.

Cook would be cool, but he is their offense and without the O-Line, I doubt he'd help much here. And unfortunately, the Jets have no O-Linemen to spare. A minimum of a draft pick, or no deal.

Cook is not even the top back for the Jets after last night, could use him. They have Garrett decent TE's. Do not like or think much of Wilson but Cook maybe worth it.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

no way that Rivera trades Brissett .  If Howell gets hurt or doesn't work out, he will need to turn to Brissett as his last ditch effort to save the season.  It is a very low probability that Brissett can save our season but in a season that Rivera has to basically get to the playoffs, at a minimum, to save his job... I see no scenario where Rivera would trade a player that he can potentially use this season for something that will benefit us more in the future.

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

https://x.com/andrewperloff/status/1701441809711354193?s=20

PLEASE Jets sign him.  It would be an early Christmas present if he started the game on Christmas Eve for this fanbase.

Jets GM Joe Douglass has history with Wentz and Foles in the Eagles SB year....it's a no-brainer for them to sign one of these two. Maybe BOTH!

18 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

no way that Rivera trades Brissett .  If Howell gets hurt or doesn't work out, he will need to turn to Brissett as his last ditch effort to save the season.  It is a very low probability that Brissett can save our season but in a season that Rivera has to basically get to the playoffs, at a minimum, to save his job... I see no scenario where Rivera would trade a player that he can potentially use this season for something that will benefit us more in the future.

You make a lot of sense, BUT, if an offer comes for Brissett that is just too good then we gotta do it. JB is only signed for this year I believe.....As a backup he has value but we could sign another vet to replace him and still have the MVP of the preseason, Dave Fromm. 

In all seriousness, JB is an asset that could help us get an offensive lineman down the road if we can turn him into a 2nd or 3rd round pick. It's Howell or bust for us and bust might mean a QB in the draft anyway. I'd deal JB in a heartbeat if the price was right. Atlanta and others should be thinking the same way if they're testing out young QB's. What value does TH really have to them other than turning him into a nice draft pick if a team is desperate enough to pay it?

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Would you trade J. Brissett for D. Cook straight up? sign QB off practice squad?  look for OL help else ware. Or

Brissett/Gibson   Wilson/Cook ?      3rd down no.2 back for Jets.      3rd down no.2 back for Wash.  Brissett NY starter. Wilson no.2 backup.

Good question(s).....Yes I'd trade JB and Gibby. Cook would be good here....not so sure about Wilson. 

I was a little down on Sam after the game but man if there wasn't some terrible QB performances in week 1 by guys who are supposed to be elite. I think I just have to remember Sam has only started two games and temper my expectations a bit. Learn from your mistakes and get better each game.

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I have no problem criticizing Ron for the things he actually does, but criticizing him for how he might or might not handle a hypothetical trade is kinda silly. 

The way Ron outsmarted Ron and out bid him for Wentz certainly removes any doubt of his trade savvy.

• Like 1