Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Seeing some headlines that Miami and Watson have a framework in place for a trade (pending resolution of the legal issues, and Goodell's subsequent approval). I wonder what that would mean for Tua? Not a guarantee that he'd flip to Houston, nor I am sure that I'd want him here. But I'd be intrigued.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'd be very curious as to your thoughts on Tua as of now.

I like him. I like him a ton for a 4th. I like him a lot for a 3rd. I like him a tiny bit for a second but wouldn't do it. I don't like him for a 1. 

I think, in the very likely case we wind up striking out again, having Tua in our back pocket is a positive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like him. I like him a ton for a 4th. I like him a lot for a 3rd. I like him a tiny bit for a second but wouldn't do it. I don't like him for a 1. 

I think, in the very likely case we wind up striking out again, having Tua in our back pocket is a positive. 

I love the "I love you this round's worth" scale 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Not just you, I don't see movement w/o legal resolution first either.

Once that happens, open the floodgate

Way I understand it is that the legal issues will be dropped if Watson writes a big check to the complaintent but he does not want to because he thinks that will be a admission of guilt. Be that as it may but I want the deal to go through as we may get a shot at Tua.

12 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'd be very curious as to your thoughts on Tua as of now.

I think Tua is a good QB and he was not given a chance to succeed in Miami. He is better than anything we have now and he has not developed yet. If we can get him reasonable then we can devote draft capital on receivers and OL this year as there are no blue chip QB available to draft now. Getting sick of drafting so called once in a generation defensive players that do not work out. This is a pitch and catch league and you need a good, not great QB and 3 receivers that can catch. Add a decent O line and you can be competing. Look at the Bengals. Two years ago they were picking first in the draft, now they are in first place. I wanted Tua instead of CY when he came out. My son talked me out of it because of his hip injury but now that seems to be fine. I just do not see us getting any of the top 3 vet QB that will be available this year so if I had my say I would make a play for Tua.

On 10/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, Renegade7 said:

He scored 13 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, that had nothing to do with our defense

And 7 starters from the offense are not playing at this time. I am surprised that they don’t look horrible at this time

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

And 7 starters from the offense are not playing at this time. I am surprised that they don’t look horrible at this time

Every team has guys out. I get that he doesn't have a ton of great weapons but at some point it's just...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f3c0dbea41ebeb854

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked Tua at Alabama.  I haven't loved how Tua's looked at Miami and I have seen a bunch of his games.   But I did say last week that Tua's maybe best day was the game against Jacksonville and i wondered if he'd follow up with back to back good performances against Atlanta -- and i'll give him that he did just that albiet Miami lost both games.

I am not excited about Tua, mainly because it looks like he's lost some arm strength post hip surgery.  I don't hate it though if its for cheap.  i am skeptical he'd come cheap.  He hasn't really flamed out like Darnold and Rosen did and those two involved a 2nd rounder and change and a third rounder and change. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Ravens have like 15-16 players on IR and are 5-2.  How you ask?

Spoiler

They have a franchise QB that wins games for them regardless

5 minutes ago, illone said:

Tua only appears serviceable to WFT fans. 

it would be like throwing an expired rice cake at a survivor contestant on day 30. 
The guy has only played 16 games in the NFL and he has no running game or weapons in Miami. He is coming of a major hip injury and recently a rib injury. He was a awesome QB at Bama and that is a top notch organization. Where was Payton or Brady at 16 games. Hell, Farve was kicked out of Atlanta in his first year. Only thing I am saying is give him a chance, he has better potential than the guys we have now.

1 hour ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

too injury prone and his skills dont jump off the screen like his top tier peers.  

if he does end up here, probably not the worst thing since he has payne and allen whom he played with, so that part i like…

4 hours ago, illone said:

I think the best way forward is to sign fitz for another year and draft the best guy you can to sit for 4-6 games. 

Definitely need to draft and develop someone like Corral or Ridder or one of those guys that jumps up the boards. 

definitely wouldnt need to give fitz $10m for mentorship. You already have Heinicke for that

14 minutes ago, profusion said:

No more castoffs. Draft a guy and develop him. And somebody please find a way to isolate Dan on draft day.

I just want to keep pointing out since 2003 they have drafted in the first round:

Ramsey

JC

Griffin

Haskins

They also used a 4th on cousins, and countless other low round picks.

You could argue Smith and McNabb were cast-offs.  Maybe even Brunnell (though he worked out about as well as you could have hoped)

Grossman was definitely a stop-gap guy.  

For the most part, over the last 20 years, they have tried to draft and develop guys. The problem isn’t they haven’t attempted.  It’s that they’ve either picked the wrong guys or put them in horrific situations.

A for effort.

F for execution.

1 minute ago, method man said:

definitely wouldnt need to give fitz $10m for mentorship. You already have Heinicke for that

Fitz has 15 years of starting experience. TH has 8 games, of which he’s played poorly in half of them. 

TH cannot be even the stop-gap starter next year.  If he’s the guy coming in off the benched in case of an injury, fine.

But he can’t be a guy who plays until the other guy is ready.  He isn’t good enough and has serious physical limitations.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a move getting made for Watson - no matter how many rumors come out about it.  It sounds good for Miami to say they will trade for him but they want to know X, Y and Z before they do.  It's impossible to get to the bottom of all that right now.  This is going to play out for a while.

Wouldn't it be awkward for Watson to go unresolved for 5 years, Miami changes out coaches once or twice, Watson gets let off the hook by nature of waiting out the storm in silence, and then one day, Miami's GM gets an email in his inbox to say that Watson has been cleared to play and thank you for the 3 1st round draft picks?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

So the last statement is my point. Its about moving up for potential. Sure the LB that Indy drafted in the second played like an all pro but how many games does a LB win you? maybe one? maybe. A QB has his hands on the ball every snap of the offense of every game. That's so much impact. Sure you can overdraft a Kam Curl but the value in doing that is not nearly what it is when you take a reach on a QB. 

Now I'll take a step back and say that historically I've been a spend low round picks on QBs and develop them but thats what the league is moving away from so I'm more about getting guys in at QB, giving them a chance and moving on within 3 years if they're not the guys like we did with Haskins and RG3 so that we're not caught in a Cousins or Daniel Jones situation where we're wondering how good they can be. 

I would have understood if they had moved up a couple spots for Mac Jones last year. Over his final year he proved himself to be accurate, have an arm, be able to make most all the throws and handled pressure and showed up in big games. I don't know that he will ever be a star, but I do think he can be a long time starter.

I also would have understood if they moved up a couple spots for Mills or Mond in the 3rd if the felt they were worth it. They evidently didn't feel strong enough about them to move up. I respect that, and they then went ahead and filled other holes. I really didn't like any of the other QB's and TH was already on the roster, a late rounder was a wasted pick. Heck, in the 3rd I still can't get over that they didn't take Tommy Tremble with either of their 3rd rounders. I see him as a exciting multipurpose/position dynamo TE/FB/HB/ST. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JCB said:

Seeing some headlines that Miami and Watson have a framework in place for a trade (pending resolution of the legal issues, and Goodell's subsequent approval). I wonder what that would mean for Tua? Not a guarantee that he'd flip to Houston, nor I am sure that I'd want him here. But I'd be intrigued.

If available...you trade for Tua.  

He's 23 years old, has tons of talent and we won't be able to get anyone decent to come to town.

I would be on board with trading for Tua.  Send a 3rd rounder and get it done.  Anything more than a 3rd then I would keep it rolling with Heinike.  

5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

If available...you trade for Tua.  

He's 23 years old, has tons of talent and we won't be able to get anyone decent to come to town.

I would be on board with trading for Tua.  Send a 3rd rounder and get it done.  Anything more than a 3rd then I would keep it rolling with Heinike.  

My honest opinion is Miami would probably want to keep Tua until there's a resolution to the Watson case and/or he's suspended.