Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I put the odds at negative he plays here.

not that i'm ready to believe that wilson and seattle are that likely to part ways next season, but even if they do i don't see russ or his wife wanting to come here either for a variety of reasons inc. the owner and his 'personal culture'

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Russell brought this up with a Packers beat reporter on his show last week.  Russell's take is that Ron is a Cal guy, like Aaron, same with Mike Silver.  He thinks they will push very hard to bring him in.  The Packers beat reporter tried to be as polite as possible in shooting that down.  He didn't shoot down that Rodgers could be leaving GB, but gave the same reasoning as the rest of us for why if he were to leave, it wouldn't be Washington, Cal connections or not.

To add i heard a different Packer reporter last week actually say he thinks 85% chance Rodgers stays, he thinks that relationship is somewhat on the mend.

I guess will see.  I think its still a big time long shot but might be a better shot than Rodgers might be Russell Wilson.  Wilson said he'd go to the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears.  The only team from those 4 that might do it IMO would be the Saints.   But lol, i am not interested in arguing with anyone about it because my operative point is long shot.  I wouldn't bet a red cent on it.

My best guess right now is a veteran and a dude in the draft, I think they double down.  I don't see that as hedging.  I see that more as taking two shots at the well but more on point giving the young QB time to develop without being put immediately on the spot.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

not that i'm ready to believe that wilson and seattle are that likely to part ways next season, but even if they do i don't see russ or his wife wanting to come here either for a variety of reasons inc. the owner and his 'personal culture'

Yep.   Its fun to blissfully sometimes to forget who the owner is when talking football, I do it at times, but no doubt alas he's a factor.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 11.20.13 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

No chance Aaron Rodgers is coming here. hes going to choose where he wants to go hes that good exactly like Brady. If I had to guess maybe Pittsburg, why come to a team with hardly any offensive talent, to make matters worse  you get to the home games and there are tons of opposing team fans, makes zero sense beat reporters for the team just trying to get some buzz imo.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

18 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

No chance Aaron Rodgers is coming here. hes going to choose where he wants to go hes that good exactly like Brady. If I had to guess maybe Pittsburg, why come to a team with hardly any offensive talent, to make matters worse  you get to the home games and there are tons of opposing team fans, makes zero sense beat reporters for the team just trying to get some buzz imo.

Maybe so because its in the AFC, GB might be more willing to deal to them. 

But I can see the Saints as a dark horse.  I'd bet Rodgers would love to play for Payton.  They seem cut from the same cloth, great at what they do and also arrogant as heck about it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Technically Rodgers doesn't get to choose where he goes since his contract doesn't include a no-trade clause. But in reality I'm guessing he probably will at the very least have a say in it. The only way I could see a situation where he gets zero say is if the relationship goes super sour and GB just wants to give him a parting "**** you" by sending him to a **** team.

But in that case, I think Rodgers is the kind of dude who would basically just say publicly that he refuses to play for them. He could also just retire. 

So yeah...bottom line is that Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson aren't coming to this dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Lots of buzz about Deshaun Watson to the Dolphins, and the lukewarm “Tua is our quarterback” from Brian Flores wasn’t enough to put a lid on the speculation. (Then again, Flores neither justifies nor debunks reports or rumors involving his players, so his lukewarm response to renewed Watson trade reports was par for the course.) But a collection of bad games by needy QB teams could crowd the field—making it very good for the Texans to get more than one team bidding for Watson. I do hear that Miami owner Stephen Ross is not pushing his football people to deal for Watson right now. Which is smart. It makes zero sense for a team to deal huge assets for a player when the team doesn’t know when the player will be able to play.

Carolina benched Sam Darnold on Sunday in New Jersey. Flores got a suspect performance from Tagolovailoa. Philadelphia will likely be in the market for a quarterback in 2022, and Jalen Hurts has been underwhelming in his big chance. So there’s a market for a quarterback in several franchises.

“I am trying to understand something,” said one executive of a team that you would think will have at least marginal interest in a quarterback of the future. “We’re not even sure if Watson would be able to play on opening day next year because of all these cases against him right now, and Houston thinks it’ll get someone to pay three ones and two twos for him by the trading deadline this year? It’s crazy to think anyone would do that. It’s crazy for Houston to not wait till the offseason.” He’s right: Once it’s resolved whether Aaron Rodgers stays in Green Bay or goes (by next February, presumably), and once there is clarity on when Watson can play, the losers in the Rodgers derby could make the bidding for Watson intense.

The NFL, I hear, won’t tell any franchise what it intends to do if a team trades for Watson and tries to activate him. That falls in line with the Goodellian mantra of Don’t make decisions till you have to. Ian Rapoport reported Sunday it’s expected that Watson, if traded, would be allowed to play while his case is adjudicated. All that adds up to clouds—plus the fact that the fan base for a team that acquires Watson might protest the acquisition of a player with such legal and moral issues hanging over his head.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/25/joe-burrow-bengals-nfl-week-7-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

You know, what’s the worst that happens if the team trades for Watson?

Goodell is not going to punish a franchise or owner for something like this without some warning.

It’s not like the team’s reputation can get worse. 

If you are still buying tickets, you have basically announced that morality is not really a factor in your decision-making process.

It’s time to raise the black flag and begin slitting throats.

Get Watson. Then, I dunno, sign Lawrence Phillips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Goodell is not going to punish a franchise or owner for something like this without some warning.

Putting Watson in the hands of an all around respected coach and person like Rivera...

Goodell might like this marriage

This dude is a really special runner.  I got to digest him though as a passer.  I recall all the skepticism of Lamar Jackson at the time from myself included.  Not saying this dude is Lamar.  But I spent a lot of time watching Lance and Fields run.  Willis IMO is an another strata on that front.  As a passer though I am really not sure.  But I am not dismissing him the way some others are on this thread.   I got to watch more.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This dude is a really special runner.  I got to digest him though as a passer.  I recall all the skepticism of Lamar Jackson at the time from myself included.  Not saying this dude is Lamar.  But I spent a lot of time watching Lance and Fields run.  Willis IMO is an another strata on that front.  As a passer though I am really not sure.  But I am not dismissing him the way some others are on this thread.   I got to watch more.  

After you watch his highlights.... I want him. :)

• Like 1

I posted this elsewhere but it belongs here too

Ron in his Junkies interview just now.

A.  Suggesed Chase is the guy on the D line that the opponents are scheming for the most.

B. Again plugged Seals-Jones.  I admit it feels good for me to hear it.  I mentioned in training camp, I know Seals-Jones is a nobody but I've been at other camps watching the TEs and this dude is really fluid compared to what I've watched.  Cooley if anything is cynical as heck about their TEs over the years actually used the sane word "fluid" when describing Seals-Jones and he likes him.   Terry also plugged Seals-Jones the other day in an interview.  I am not saying the dude will set the world on fire but he's not bad as a #2 TE IMO.

C. He admitted again that he liked 2 QBs in the last draft that they considered.  I know a person or two thinks that reporters are just making up that they had interest.  But Rivera isn't known to be a liar.  If I recall that's now the 4th time I recall him saying this.  He said he didn't think they were ready to give up things to land that QB, he wanted to build the roster some more.

D.  The Junkies questioned him by saying you can't go another year (next year) with a QB situation like this.  He agreed.

E.  He said they talk all the time in the building about finding that QB, every week he gets briefed about college QBs.

F.  They asked him if he likes any of the college QBs, he said yes.  They told him rumor is they don't.  And he said good, he'd rather other teams think they don't.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

If you are still buying tickets, you have basically announced that morality is not really a factor in your decision-making process.

It’s time to raise the black flag and begin slitting throats.

Get Watson. Then, I dunno, sign Lawrence Phillips.

If the sexual assault team is going to bring in the sexual assault QB, we might have to get some poles for the dance team and announce we're moving the team closer to Appalachia 

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know there is a lot of cyncism about Aaron wanting to come here but looks like here Aaron at least is giving some thought to it.  

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 7.05.54 PM.png

Rodgers "can I bring Devante?"

Ron "whatever it takes my man"

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, zskins said:

After you watch his highlights.... I want him. :)

But but but, Lance and Fields are already busts, and they can run too?

I kid.  But yeah i do dig QBs with mobility.  And Willis is out of this world as a runner.  He's Michael Vick category IMO as far as being video game level on that front.  But I haven't landed on an opinion yet on him as a passer.

Some like to say can Rivera be trusted to work with a young QB with tools, modify his offense, etc.  To me that's nuts.  Hyperbole on my end but it helps make my point:  it would be like me saying what does Bill Gates know about software, can we trust him with technology?  Granted Rivera himself isn't the offensive guru.  But working with his offensive coordinator, they were one of the most inventive teams as to adopting a college offense to the NFL.  Kyle Shanny got a lot of credit for doing it but Carolina did it first. 

The thing though that Rivera has hinted at in different interviews is being perhaps gun shy for trading the store for a young unproven QB.  I've picked up enough hints that to me I get an impression that he'd trade up for a young QB but not for an RG3 type haul.  If he's giving up a ton, it would be for a veteran.

• Like 1

I'm firmly in the sign Trubynski (no trade needed)

Draft very high, even if it costs us next years first or trade this years first for ammo next year

Draft a later round guy and take a flyer on a post 7th rounder.

or sign Rodgers and Devante and draft Hamilton or Dean.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I kid.  But yeah i do dig QBs with mobility.  And Willis is out of this world as a runner.  He's Michael Vick category IMO as far as being video game level on that front.  But I haven't landed on an opinion yet on him as a passer.

Mike Vick? Cmon, my gf has season tickets to liberty football we watch them every game Malik Wilis is a good runner but hes not even close to Vick or Lamar on that front, I think hes a 3rd/4th round projection that's a good prospect with upside potential....all these weirdo "mock draft analysts" are wrong about him being first round talent also liberty doesn't play the same level of talent that Vick and Lamar had to play vs...

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm firmly in the sign Trubynski (no trade needed)

Draft very high, even if it costs us next years first or trade this years first for ammo next year

Draft a later round guy and take a flyer on a post 7th rounder.

or sign Rodgers and Devante and draft Hamilton or Dean.

All on board with Trubisky + Draft strategy.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Mike Vick? Cmon, my gf has season tickets to liberty football we watch them every game Malik Wilis is a good runner but hes not even close to Vick or Lamar on that front, 

"C'mon"?    OK you feel confident you got the scouting on Malik nailed.  Cool.  Sorry but for me, I am still digesting.  ;)

And no offense but I have gotten plenty definitive sounding anaylsis on players from others including some strongly trashed Mac Jones that proved to be a mile off.  

I think its really really hard to nail college prospects.  I've nailed some.  I've gotten some wrong, too.   If you feel like you got a player down to a tee -- that's cool -- I am just explaining why I don't take it as gospel, I like to dive in and come up with my own take for better or worse. 

• Like 2

The Team has to at least find a better stop gap guy in 2022.  The 2022 QB class supposedly not great; so the Team looks to 2023 to draft a QB.  Thing is, Ron doesn't have the luxury to wait until 2023 to look to the draft for his long term QB.  Ron has to go at least 8-9/9-8 in 22, with the expectation that in 23 you break into the playoffs.  If he doesn't do that; Ron will be gone and someone else will be drafting that QB in 23.  So, if Ron can't find someone in the draft this year; he will need a better stopgap QB this year. Someone who can keep the team competitive enough that Snyder won't fire Ron; while Ron looks for that long term solution in a draft.  Who will that be?  Who knows?

Teams that will be looking for QBs in 2022:

Washington, Philadelphia, New York Giants, Green Bay- if Rodgers leaves, Detroit- if they decide to move on from Golf, Seattle- if Wilson leaves, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, Miami, Carolina.

New Orleans could also be in the mix, if they decide to move on from Winston.

Rodgers- Denver, Pittsburgh, Carolina seems like the most likely destinations.  If the next Vegas coach is interested , then Vegas would be in the mix. I could see a Rodgers-Carr swap.

Wilson- My guess he stays unless New Orleans wants him.  Maybe Pittsburgh.

Watson- My guess ultimately, he goes to Miami. I think that's where he wants to go.

NY and Philly will be in better draft position than us.

If we don't find that QB soon, we will never do a thing in this league.

Edited by Rdskns2000