Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#21 to be retired this weekend...

Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is a grade A boot licking by Wright and now he really knows his job.

The fact that this is his role is not surprising. What is surprising is after 20 years of this, intelligent fans of this team and on this board still fall for it as a change and something completely new and different. Come on. The dude is basically Jim Zorn of the front office. I am sure his first choice for a new name is the Presidents because he loves that title so much and puts out his double down lies in his “President’s Brief”. There is a skid mark and underwear joke in there somewhere someone can come up with. 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So...

They definitely are weaponizing Sean Taylor to use as a distraction. It's almost not even a question at this point.

Jason Wright is doing the owner's bidding. But... This is a major blemish on him.

YUP.

So now after a little smoke has cleared it seems we know now.  They had alumni weekend planned.  They had a rededication for Sean Taylor Rd. planned which is why the family was coming in.  At the last moment Danya decided that they could use retiring Sean's jersey (something they planned to do at some point) as a way to distract from all the bad press.  They put the plan in motion after the email scandal came out.  (Reports coming out now that Sean's Dad didn't know about the jersey retirement till a day or so ago).  They placed an order for 10k towels and made an announcement.  Jason Wright has this dropped on him and he lies (or at best tells half truths) and takes responsibility for the bad judgement because in the end he is just the next in line as Dan's lap dog.  They figure the fans will get over it and no change of the retirement ceremony is made. 

Bottom line Danya doesn't and never has respected the fans.  We are just peons who will accept whatever they feed us in their minds.  They are to blind/stupid/arrogant to know (or care) the truth.  They treat us like trash.  AND they treat a man and player we all love as a tool.  A man that was murdered.  

F U Dan!  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Or if we win the next 5 Super Bowls in a row. My scenario has a better chance than what you describe. 

We are closer to going 0-17 5 season in a row than winning 5 Super Bowls. So, your scenario is quite ambitious. Which means Snyder being ousted will absolutely never happen. With which, I agree.

Also, they should cancel. It is the only correct thing to do at this point.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So...

They definitely are weaponizing Sean Taylor to use as a distraction. It's almost not even a question at this point.

Jason Wright is doing the owner's bidding. But... This is a major blemish on him.

If he is doing Dan’s bidding he should get out.  Not a damn person would question it especially right now and he’d have a FO office position somewhere better by tonight. 

2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Why does it feel we hired people to earn brownie points for diversity rather than actually hiring for best people? I’ve yet to be impressed with the new FO folks. Unless they are being handcuffed in their roles I’m not even slightly impressed.

You honesty think Dan just hired him? Jason was most likely brought in by the nfl.

• Thumb up 1

Some of the radio posts @Skinsinparadise is posting in the front office thread is making come to accept the jersey retirement was a last minute add-on.  They may have wanted to honor, but that cherry on top was need to pretty much everyone it seems.  

I jus dont get it, its not enough time to get us in the stadium to fill it up, and they are even acknowledging that.  And once the number retirement is done, its done, the email thing is still going after that. Its jus to stupid to rationalize even if they did it, it jus doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Some of the radio posts @Skinsinparadise is posting in the front office thread is making come to accept the jersey retirement was a last minute add-on.  They may have wanted to honor, but that cherry on top was need to pretty much everyone it seems.  

I jus dont get it, its not enough time to get us in the stadium to fill it up, and they are even acknowledging that.  And once the number retirement is done, its done, the email thing is still going after that. Its jus to stupid to rationalize even if they did it, it jus doesn't make sense.

Ren,

If this was truly planned they would NOT have waited until 3 days prior to announce it. 

This is a guarantee to pack a stadium for a franchise who is struggling to do that.

It's an attempt to get people in the seats and distract. It was clear that was the case the second it was announced.

I appreciate your desire to try to see the good and not go right to what ultimately is the reality, though. And I respect that.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

The *ONLY* potential Hail Mary sliver of silver lining from this is that it just adds to the cluster**** and the other 31 owners see that Snyder can't get ANYTHING right and can take such a gimme moment and STILL not just miss it but turn it into another **** up.

The other owners don't care.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

As far as professionalism they both lack it. However, Bruce would not be naive enough to lie so blatantly that he could easily get caught about the number retirement like Jason did. Bruce would have been more nuanced. Jason Wright was caught in a lie and doubled down like a panicked kid. He will never recover from that. Not after telling the fans he’s being 100 with them while he was lying. 

At least Bruce knew the history and grew up around it and lived it. Jason doesn’t know jack about this franchise or history or the fans. The guy is in way over his head even for his limited role. Any other time in history it wouldn’t matter, but this clown is running the name change we are going to have to live with until we die. That’s my issue with him. There have been a long line of worthless people at their job come through here. He’s no different, but he will leave a permanent stain given the name change.

You really give Bruce a lot of credit he doesn’t deserve.  First and foremost, we’ve already heard more from Wright in his brief time than we heard from Bruce in a decade.  Bruce rarely ever spoke but regularly put his foot in his mouth and also got caught lying.  

If your point is that Bruce is clearly a sleaze bag with a lot more experience at being a lying shmuck than Wright, point taken.  

It’s fair to question Wrights resume and how he ended up with such a pivotal role for such a terrible organization.  But to pretend that Bruce was better is an absolute joke that makes it difficult to even take you seriously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But to pretend that Bruce was better is an absolute joke that makes it difficult to even take you seriously.

Bruce Allen is a garbage human being, but I can 100% assure you that he never  would have uttered or typed the following about Sean Taylor's jersey retirement:

"We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m beyond peace of mind I guess.  I was a late 80s kid so I have nothing but bad memories year wise except like moments with Brad Johnson’s great 1999 year, 2005,2007( Everytime  a non WSH tells me we’ve hit bottom I go no there will never be lower then ST death.),2012,etc.Like atleast when we sucked it was just the field.  Now we’re just embarrassing.  Given that’s partially the result of social media, leaks, etc now but I mean I’d take the 2000s in a heartbeat to the state now.  

That's pretty much where I am - was born the year of the last Super Bowl win so all I have are bittersweet memories (at best). It would be one thing if this organization was just permabad but was otherwise a standard NFL organization but they just can't help but make total fools of themselves and us.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I jus dont get it

If you juxtapose everything the team does with:

Dan snyder is an incompetent end petulant little **** that thinks he can just do whatever he wants to get his way, cause he thinks he’s just that much better/smarter than everyone else….

it all becomes easier to understand. 

he did it because he thought it would work because he thinks he’s a genius. 

he was probably told it was a bad idea. But he thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. 

And as a default operating position, he makes “cleaning up the mess” the job of everyone other than him. So when it blows up he doesn’t even care. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Bruce Allen is a garbage human being, but I can 100% assure you that he never  would have uttered or typed the following about Sean Taylor's jersey retirement:

"We didn't realize that so many of you wanted to make a trip to FedExField to be present for this moment"

Honestly need the Nicholas cage “Really” face meme for that quote. It’s just so bad.  

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Are you sure that Mr. Winning off the field wouldn't say that?

3124B41D0D1162113860870848512_3b2f51050f

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Are you sure that Mr. Winning off the field wouldn't say that?

No, he wouldn't.  We would lose the game 45-3 and he'd have a press conference about how proud he was of the turnout for ST.  "Winning off the field" > "Wow, you guys actually wanted to be here for ST?"

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Again, I don't know for sure, I am just repeating what some some are saying on the radio and tweets.  But if its all true the way it comes off to me is they saw that its been a rough PR week for them so they brainstormed (it was probably Dan since this is how he's rocked through most of his tenure) and figured hey lets juice up what they already have cooking for alumni week. 

You got two obvious variables in the soup this week that don't feel hot to them perhaps.

A.  Fans are upset about the losing and they have the Chiefs in town who likely pile on to the losing.

B.  The WP story and the Gruden story which both revived the scandal from last year

With this backdrop, you could have low fan turnout which would be embarrassing for alumni week, let alone fans booing or whatever else they fear could happen at the stadium coupled with a likely KC fan takeover.  All of it is a bad look. 

So why not jack up the Sean Taylor moment some more.  Distract the fans with that excitement.   And heck even jack up fan turnout some.  I know some complain about not being able to go without notice but from what I can tell most of them are out of towners, it wouldn't shock if they can pull another 5000 locals who would come just to pay kudus to Sean regardless of what they feel about the team. 

Dan rolls this way all the time.  And he seems to think fans will eat it up no matter how transparent it looks. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The other owners don't care.

This cannot be emphasized enough. We must get it through our heads, once and for all, that they do not care and unless there is something so brazen, outlandish, and horrifying that comes to light that actually would affect the league's money supply (i.e. the networks & sponsors). But considering the high tolerance major capital, the NFL, and the general population has for dehumanization and explotation, Dan Snyder should be set for life.

You know what made it apparent from the beginning of this? Wright seems to be trying to distance himself from the decision by feigning ignorance.

I know you can't tell tone in a tweet. But his tweets/discussion on this whole thing seem to be trying to tap into this whole, "Listen, this wasn't my idea. I agree with you. But this is what I was told so I have to do it."

Nothing he is saying is out of line for his job description, but just the way he is replying and trying to defend the decision (without canceling) seems like he's trying to get his name clear of this mess and in the good graces of fans.

I think most of us have seen through it though.

Dear WFT FO:

Please don't rename the team. None of you will be here long and I don't want to be stuck with your name.

Thanks,

KD

6 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

This cannot be emphasized enough. We must get it through our heads, once and for all, that they do not care and unless there is something so brazen, outlandish, and horrifying that comes to light that actually would affect the league's money supply (i.e. the networks & sponsors). But considering the high tolerance major capital, the NFL, and the general population has for dehumanization and explotation, Dan Snyder should be set for life.

The other owners probably have even worse skeletons. They are scrambling. This is a major threat to the good ol boy network. This obviously doesn’t apply to every owner. I bet it doesn’t even apply to most. But a decent portion of them is probably accounted for.

They don't care about Dan Snyder or his ownership one iota. Only thing they care about is their skeletons staying in the closet. Force Snyder out and those skeletons can come out. Keep quiet and the skeletons stay away. For now. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 2

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You really give Bruce a lot of credit he doesn’t deserve.  First and foremost, we’ve already heard more from Wright in his brief time than we heard from Bruce in a decade.  Bruce rarely ever spoke but regularly put his foot in his mouth and also got caught lying.  

If your point is that Bruce is clearly a sleaze bag with a lot more experience at being a lying shmuck than Wright, point taken.  

It’s fair to question Wrights resume and how he ended up with such a pivotal role for such a terrible organization.  But to pretend that Bruce was better is an absolute joke that makes it difficult to even take you seriously.

Bruce was accountable for the on the field product. Jason is not. They don’t have the same role. For you to think that Jason is qualified to have the same role as Bruce is the absurdity.  Bruce was an executive in this league for a a very long time. To pretend somehow Jason is better is foolish. Jason’s role is to putt butts in seats, have ceremonies for alumni players, try to help move a stadium deal forward and in this case help with the name change. He has failed miserably so far in all those facets.