Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 4 Prediction thread: So called team @ Atlanta Falcons

bakedtater1

Dyami is off to a slow start, it can take receivers some time, I do think Samuel playing would be huge, right now we are missing the #2 receiver. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

WFT  31

ATL    10

And then back to reality for week 5.

I am optimistic but not to that extent.  I'll go WFT 27  ATL 17

If they do win and look good doing it, at the moment I think they have a good shot against NO.  It's the games after that worry me a lot. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not sure how we fare, with the trade-off of losing St Juste, but gaining Samuel, for the game.

Next man up in the secondary I guess. Is that McTyer ?

St. Juste has been inconsistent, I think he will be a good player but I don't think its a major loss at this juncture of his career.  If Samuel is right, he's a stud.  I think he will quickly become a fan favorite. 

• Like 4

I feel worse and worse about this game by the day. It’s low key a huge fork in the road game. If you lose, the bloom might be off the rose for a while in terms of Ron and co. Really hope it doesn’t come down to that but I really don’t like this game at all. I feel like next week is going to feel a lot like 2013 once the RG3 luster wore off. 

• Like 2

I, too, see them losing. No quick fixes on O or on D. 

31-23 Atlanta

4 TDs and a FG, or 2 TDs and 4 FGs kind of day for Atlanta, I'm gonna guess. 

Offense could surprise with a handful of impact plays from Samuel, but I have little confidence in the D figuring things out in the next couple weeks. 

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

I, too, see them losing. No quick fixes on O or on D. 

31-23 Atlanta

4 TDs and a FG, or 2 TDs and 4 FGs kind of day for Atlanta, I'm gonna guess. 

Offense could surprise with a handful of impact plays from Samuel, but I have little confidence in the D figuring things out in the next couple weeks. 

I’m pretty much of the same mind.  I do think not scheming for a qb that can run makes a bit of a difference, and with St Juste out, I’d guess we stick to zone almost exclusively… but I still expect guys open consistently.  30-24 ATL.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:29 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I feel worse and worse about this game by the day. It’s low key a huge fork in the road game. If you lose, the bloom might be off the rose for a while in terms of Ron and co. Really hope it doesn’t come down to that but I really don’t like this game at all. I feel like next week is going to feel a lot like 2013 once the RG3 luster wore off. 

I have this feeling of it being like it was against NO a few years back where WFT was blown out early.

Regarding the bloom being off the rose, time will tell for RR but DelTaco's is more like a dead weed in a garden. Only thing rosy about him is his cheeks when he gets frustrated as they turn red because of his play calling. 

I don't see where Atlanta gets 3 TDs from Matt Ryan.

Heinicke will have better targets.

I'd like to see the rookie get a couple of series in and see if he can get in a rhythm as Patterson is a good match-up vs Atlanta.

Gibson being banged up probably adds to Patterson's carries.

Dynami vs Atlanta DB will likely have people wondering if they're social distancing!

I think they should get back to .500 but not in a way that everyone will calm down.

Part of me thinks the defense will break out and finally have a great game.  The Falcons are not exactly a juggernaut on offense.  Then again perhaps Atlanta is waiting to break out.  Our offense hasn't shown much so far, perhaps Samuel can make a difference.  Nonetheless, I see this as an L for WFT.

Atlanta - 24

WFT- 21