Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - 2021 - The Team vs. The Giants

zCommander

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Well that cleared up my question. 🙄

I didn't mean to be disrespectful sorry man...we all seen the spark Taylor gave us and I think he'll move the ball..into the red zone and that's about it...I haven't seen a highlight one yet of the Broncos giants game but I assume jones had a bad game..or a so so game...now a prime time game against us..in washington...while retiring Bobby Mitchell's jersey..seems like a perfect recipe for jones to get back on track...barkley runs for 150 plus....already can't wait till next year...😔

WTF 24

NYG 21

This will be a close one, like most games between these franchises since forever.

They key will be our secondary versus their QB. Every other category is pretty much equal.

If we can limit demoralizing third-and-long conversions achieved by passing plays we have a very good chance of a win. The secondary MUST step up.

• Like 1

I was a homer all summer bc it’s just more fun to believe. Sunday sobered me up. This franchise is the same it always has been until it proves otherwise. That goes for executives, coaches, rookies, “stars”, etc. With that being said, let’s look at the facts:

Division game versus Daniel Jones (4-0 vs WFT)? Check.

Prime time game? Check.

Home prime time game? Check 

Big expectations heading into the season? Check. 

Giants 24

WFT 9

A wretched game where NYG sucks just a little less and benefits from turnovers. 

C Young better be beasting vs the Giants. I've been hearing a lot of hype and came out flat to put it nicely. Seeing those posts about Rashawn Slater owning Young pisses me off but they are right.  This is the game where our D must show they are not just a good team on paper but can actually take over a game. No predictions here, just pissed that we are way overrated and a lot of guys (team and fans) have been drinking too much koolaid. Lets play with some fire boys.

7 minutes ago, SamoaSkinz said:

C Young better be beasting vs the Giants. I've been hearing a lot of hype and came out flat to put it nicely. Seeing those posts about Rashawn Slater owning Young pisses me off but they are right.  This is the game where our D must show they are not just a good team on paper but can actually take over a game. No predictions here, just pissed that we are way overrated and a lot of guys (team and fans) have been drinking too much koolaid. Lets play with some fire boys.

Right on. 

I don’t want to hear anything about him being elite until his output matches his talent. Sacks aren’t everything I know but you have to create pressure at an elite level and he doesn’t always do that. The Bosas, Watts, Garretts, etc all do that. He’s not on their level yet and honestly, we don’t have that much time to wait for him. 

This has the feeling of one of those "it's simply destiny for the NYG to beat WFT in a prime time game" types of games.  

For 2 straight seasons we have had to sit there and watch Daniel Jones seem to have the best games of his career against our defense.  The week prior and the weeks after he goes right back to looking borderline mediocre, but for some reason he lights up our defense.

I am worried about the game, not because I think the NYG are better, but these are the games I have routinely had to sit there and stare blankly at the TV by the 3rd quarter wondering how is it possible to look this awful against a mediocre opponent. 

Coming to the forums after an embarrassing loss is usually therapeutic to the die hard WFT fan in me, if they lose this game, other than due to something crazy catastrophic happening on the field. I might need to use the longer week off until the next game to take my mind off the team for awhile.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Right on. 

I don’t want to hear anything about him being elite until his output matches his talent. Sacks aren’t everything I know but you have to create pressure at an elite level and he doesn’t always do that. The Bosas, Watts, Garretts, etc all do that. He’s not on their level yet and honestly, we don’t have that much time to wait for him. 

I want to see him do to the Giants what Max Crosby did to the Ravens and Lamar Jackson tonight.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This has the feeling of one of those "it's simply destiny for the NYG to beat WFT in a prime time game" types of games.  

For 2 straight seasons we have had to sit there and watch Daniel Jones seem to have the best games of his career against our defense.  The week prior and the weeks after he goes right back to looking borderline mediocre, but for some reason he lights up our defense.

I am worried about the game, not because I think the NYG are better, but these are the games I have routinely had to sit there and stare blankly at the TV by the 3rd quarter wondering how is it possible to look this awful against a mediocre opponent. 

Coming to the forums after an embarrassing loss is usually therapeutic to the die hard WFT fan in me, if they lose this game, other than due to something crazy catastrophic happening on the field. I might need to use the longer week off until the next game to take my mind off the team for awhile.

I just hate that we always get to this point so early every season. Even ones that end “well”. By late Sept-Oct, we’re all ready to check out. Never fails. 

It's going to be a tough matchup against their defense. Their edge pressure sucks but their DTs are great and, although their secondary struggled on Sunday, on paper, they are strong there with Bradberry, Ryan, Peppers and Jackson. Their linebackers are not very good either outside of Martinez. 

On offense, the reason their tackles struggle is because their interior is so bad, which is why they picked up Price and Brederson before the start of the season. Let's hope those guys aren't up to speed yet and we get to against Lemieux, Hernandez and Gates. If Payne, Ion and Allen can generate consistent interior pressure, that is going to make it tough for Barkley to run and will force DJ to improvise. Another item to note is that a lot of Giants media and fans are complaining about Garrett's scheme. If they struggle, I can see him getting fired midseason

Giants see this as a “get right” game, while the WFT thinks the Giants are done. TH is the X factor as he isn’t taking any opponent lightly. 

The defense is going to look tough for a drive or two but will continue their regression. 

Turner will attempt a ball control running game that will eventually get shut down. 

We lose 31-10.