Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We aren’t that good. But I’m happy with a 9-7 team for this year. We sort of need something to happen at QB and the O-Line. I hope that hinike can grow into that job but if he had a whole off season and they still decided to role with a traveler at QB… well, IDK about that

Why would you be happy with 9-8 or 10-7?  So we can still NOT get a franchise quarterback and keep being somewhere between 5-12 and 10-7?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As a dude who watched some of the camp practices, I get why Heinicke didn’t win the job. Even Heinicke himself said he needs to improve his accuracy.

But as I said then maybe Heinicke is more of a game day QB then a shine in practice kind of dude.

Will see though. 

That would be a change for once.

We more than often had shine in practice kind of dude playing on gameday then anything else those last 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Thanks for the reminder on why I should avoid this board after a loss. There are 15 other NFL fanbases also taking an L and feeling bad. Week 1 is not an indictment of an entire season, even if there are clearly things the team needs to fix. 

Step off the ledge everyone. Go take a walk outside. 

It’s like this after any loss any week of the season.

It doesn’t mean there is no substance to the outrage though.  It was tough to watch them get dominated.  Not sure why you would expect a ton of valuable, positive dialogue at this time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Thanks for the reminder on why I should avoid this board after a loss. There are 15 other NFL fanbases also taking an L and feeling bad. Week 1 is not an indictment of an entire season, even if there are clearly things the team needs to fix. 

Step off the ledge everyone. Go take a walk outside. 

I hear you, and appreciate the sentiment, but how many of those teams lost their starting QB today?  We should all go touch the grass, it’s good for mental health, and remember that football doesn’t really matter to use in any meaningful way.  It’s just entertainment.  

… But as far as the team goes, today was bad.  Real bad.  

• Like 3

Its frustrating but if Gibson doesn't hand them the ball inside the 5 and/or Scherff doesn't push that FG back 5 yards this could be a much different outcome.

As meh as we were it was a 4 point loss, next week will tell us a lot.

I hope we leave Heine in, until the O line gels we're gonna need him.

• Like 3

Just now, SAli457180 said:

The back to back turnovers by Herbert and Gibson were the game.  Such a high and then the low.  Game was there to be had, but poor execution will always result in a loss.

The game was lost on the missed FG. That set up the short field for the Chargers that allowed them to drive. The pick was nice but we were still inside our own 4 yard line and most likely would have punted it back to the Chargers on a short field anyway.

If we're able to at least make a FG, we're up 6 and the Chargers are resetting at their own 25 ish. Completely different set of circumstances.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I don't think the team is years away if they get a very good to great QB that's not a rookie.  If they get that QB in next year's draft, I would agree that the team would be 2 or three years away.

If, then yes…but we won’t and thus we will remain like this 😞 

13 minutes ago, Alexa said:

should have drafted Herbert. 

These are the most foolish comments today. 
 We can go to every draft and say we should have drafted….

just remember Daryl Green was the last pick In the first round in the year he was drafted…

27 other teams screwed up there 

16 minutes ago, Alexa said:

should have drafted Herbert. 

• Like 3

The only time this team has been fun the last year or so under Rivera has been when they played above their talent for a quarter or two at a time because they played with balls and grit. And yeah, that mostly coincided with Heinicke balling out in his way. This team wasn’t good today, but the play calling was also awful on both sides of the ball.

The team has passion and balls for once though, and they deserve to be coached with balls and aggression. Rivera needs to take a look at himself and his coordinators and take some risks, because they aren’t good enough to earn wins playing conservatively. They need to

steal them, like they did last year, and just roll with it. If it fails, well, we lost today anyways didn’t we? Just go balls out. The 4th down call was a microcosm of it but it was the whole game, just no balls and no want-to outside of Taylor Heinicke. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Its frustrating but if Gibson doesn't hand them the ball inside the 5 and/or Scherff doesn't push that FG back 5 yards this could be a much different outcome.

As meh as we were it was a 4 point loss, next week will tell us a lot.

I hope we leave Heine in, until the O line gels we're gonna need him.

And if the Chargers don't drop a bunch of balls, or if we don't get an extremely favorable sack/fumble touchback call....

The fact is, the Chargers were by far the better team out there today. We should have lost by 14+.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I do and I don't understand this logic.

If we're not that good, then that sucks.  Like, the goal is not to be able to beat some or most of the teams; we want to beat ALL of the teams.  There is one winner at the end of the season and 31 losers.

Being second-best just means you have the second-worst pick.

Only one team in history has won ALL the games. It's not realistic.

I've watched the NFL for too long to make judgements based on Week 1.

There are certainly huge warning signs; I'm not downplaying that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

These are the most foolish comments today. 
 We can go to every draft and say we should have drafted….

just remember Daryl Green was the last pick In the first round in the year he was drafted…

27 other teams screwed up there 

True, but how many teams in the NFL have failed to draft a franchise QBs long as the Washington Football Team?  Here it’s not just that we missed on Herbert, it’s that we’ve missed on every QB for a generation.  He’s just the latest example.

• Like 2