Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

Well it went about how I thought with the exception of Heinike playing as well as he did, and what a fortunate turn of events because I don’t think the game is that close with Fitz in it. 

at the end of the day this offense isn’t good enough and the defense while good isn’t good enough to win games alone….this is not a “shut down” defense it’s a strong defense but it can’t win games alone. Going to be a long season….making the playoffs last year only hurt the hopes of the fan base by giving it hope, this team is still 3-4 years from even being competitive. 

however you bet with your head not your heart I wish I was wrong but I knew the chargers where gonna win so I bet them money line and cashed it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

I'm not really shocked by what we saw because I felt we were overhyped, I think we'll get better but we're still a very average team and the only guy who consistently makes plays for us on either side of the ball is Terry.

Heine was very good but the mental mistakes by his teammates gave him no chance late in the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is defense a foreign language to this organization?  I cant remember the last time we had a defense who could stop a team on 3rd down.  All i heard all offseason was how great our defense was 'supposed' to be.  What happened to the D-Line?  They may as well have not been on the field.  Very frustrating.  

I was excited to see Heine play well.  

Edited by Rixsterc

3 minutes ago, evmiii said:

And so the hope dies.  I grew up a Washington Redskin fan because of my dad.  After traveling the USA and the world compliments of the USAF my loyalty has shifted.  I have attended more KC Chiefs and Denver Bronco games than Washington games.  I will still pull for Washington to win but they are literally not the Redskins I grew up with.  I don’t like the way I feel after watching Washington so I am quitting cold turkey.  Best of luck to the team and all on the board, but I’m gone.  You can find me on the Chiefs bulletin board if you need me.  God bless all.

Adios partner, good luck out there. I consider it a failing of my character that I’m not rational enough to follow suit so I’ll be here for eternity. But I hope you enjoy football again. Just please don’t come back. 

• Like 3

I was SO CLOSE to paying some pretty decent prices to go to this game with my family. Thank the MAKER that I didn't do it. Just another typical Redskin disgrace. New coaches, new players, doesn't matter in the least. Same stats in the end. We got utterly DEMOLISHED today. Score is far from indicative of just how badly we lost this game. 

ONLY positive I see is that UNREAL catch by Terry. He deserves a lot better than being stuck on this Titanic franchise from hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

I need time to process what I just saw but there’s nothing I can think of immediately that makes me feel good about this team.  The running game looked ok until Gibson fumbled the game away maybe?  Offense was bad.  Offensive line was bad,  Defense was bad.  Defensive line was bad.  Starting QB injured.  

and an Insanely difficult schedule this season.  

yeah I’m not seeing the silver lining on this one.  

I agree offensive line and defensive lines were bad.

• Haha 1

It's one game and a wake-up call.  

I went into this game, feeling it could be a toss-up, because we didn't know how well both teams would come out playing.  And if Washington lost, I figured it would motivate the team to play better on Thursday.

That said -- the injury to Fitzpatrick was really the worst possible outcome from my perspective.  I feel the defense will pick up their game soon enough, but Fitz's absence will prevent Washington's offense from gelling into being able to play more instinctually.  Hopefully Heinicke will handle things until Fitz returns, but then it's a new learning curve when Ryan resumes as QB -1.