Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Huh? They were getting manhandled. I don't think a single person on that DL won their individual matchups on a single snap.

Disagree on first glance. They were in their gaps. They ran plays away from the DL. The one outside play went off tackle. DL inside gap. Bostic flowed over and took on a block and opened a lane with no downhill help from the next level. 

The thing I will say is the DL didn’t help. They were just… there. And you can’t leave these backers to make plays.

You DO expect more from a DL of all first rounders but, they were in their lanes from FIRST glance.

I still don't get why we seem to be the one team that comes out every single opening day and plays like they simply aren't ready for the season to start.  The chargers offense looks sharp, in command, and in attack mode.  Our offense looked tentative and after a decent 1st down run, two passing plays that were more bail out throws than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Hopefully our D settles down but if San Diego goes thru them like swiss cheese what is Aaron, Patrick Josh, Tom and even Dak, going to do?

Herbert is a stud so I don’t know that putting him in a separate category really makes sense. Stud QBs are going to squash even more good defenses. Whether we prove to be bad, good, or great is up in the air but Herbert is extremely good and did Mahomes-like stupidity to defenses with his arm every week…as a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They had a rookie designation on Gibson in the graphic.  

oops.

I thought that too and realized they had it for Leno. It’s actually notifying us who is a rookie with a yellow frame around the player and not just where the “Rookie” box was placed