Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

One of my favs, oh well 😧

1 hour ago, JaxJoe said:

A couple days ago another poster commented that if Reyes makes the roster then it’s likely Seals-Jones gets cut. I thought the opposite. I thought that it just about guarantees Seals-Jones makes it because right now Reyes’ value is Teams and blocking - meaning he’s not a complete TE; Seals-Jones is. But I agree, I don’t think this group of TEs will stay this way for long. Anyways, it’s remarkable a guy who’s never played football can make the roster of an NFL team. There has to be more to Reyes I’m not seeing or reading about. 

I mentioned Seals-Jones when I watched camp.  I wasn't blow away by him but he looked fluid for a big guy.   Having said that, he still could be gone with more roster shuffiling. 

I am a fan of Reyes but agree he's not ready yet. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Eagles cutting Fulgham is interesting....he was tremendous last year when thrown in due to injuries. 

He had a streak of good games early on, then faded away over the season. I'd have thought he would have at least made the cut though, he must really have fallen off form.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Giants had to do something and ended up grabbing a former first rounder and a former fourth rounder for very little. It's no different than when we grabbed Flowers the first time. You look for the guys that didn't work out for their original teams and see what you can do. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but you can't just not do anything.

I hear good things about this guy Doctson that's hanging around.

I see your Doctson and raise you an Anthony Mix…. I’m All In!

13 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

He had a streak of good games early on, then faded away over the season. I'd have thought he would have at least made the cut though, he must really have fallen off form.

Maybe the new coaches don't like him? Sirianni claims to be a WR whisperer or something so maybe he didn't like Fulgham but to be beaten out by Artega-Whiteside is pretty bad.

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

We have 4 LB as KJ Wright sits home unsigned.  Wonder what is up with that guy.

Ron & Co are big into strong character & work ethic guys and will take players of the board if they don't "fit with what we're looking for".  Ron doubled down on this after the draft and Mayhew again today.

It makes it very hard for fans and pundits to predict moves.  They have an up close window into these kids hearts and minds.  We don't...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Carter, Forrest and Roberts are the ones I see as the least safe that have made it this far.  However, I think Carter is the safest of them 3.

Yeah I think they were a little nervous about the other potential kick and punt returners both being rookies (Patterson and Milne), so Carter gives them a veteran bridge at both spots. Will be something to watch… if he doesn’t produce there I’m guessing they won’t wait around forever. 

• Like 1

I do not think KJ Wright makes sense.  He wants to start.  Either he takes Jamin Davis's spot, which Rivera and others are against.  They want high profile rookies to get playing time.  Or he takes Cole Holcomb's spot, which by all reports might be our best LB this season.  His development is continuing, and that's something Rivera and others do not want to slow/discourage if a player is doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

I have heard that his overall attitude and work ethic were next level bad throughout training camp, and even going back to last season.  I guess his lack of effort/desire was noticeable to the point that it was a frequent topic of discussion on the team.

okay who is bored tonight?  Let's play a game.  Name a guy who was cut today who you would claim, and what corresponding move would you make on the WFT to go with it.  IE, I saw the Dolphins did cut Bendardick McKinney and I would get him and maybe cut John Bates and sign him to the PS.  Or you have to risk losing him forever, and I would be okay with that.

I think we will add a 5th lb, maybe after week 1, but it will be a guy we had during TC.  they might just want to see how waivers shake out and see if they can upgrade there, knowing they have a few guys they can bring back if an upgrade doesn't present itself.  Norris/kunaczyk?/mayo etc aren't all getting claimed, and they are all pretty comparable JAGs.

8 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

okay who is bored tonight?  Let's play a game.  Name a guy who was cut today who you would claim, and what corresponding move would you make on the WFT to go with it.  IE, I saw the Dolphins did cut Bendardick McKinney and I would get him and maybe cut John Bates and sign him to the PS.  Or you have to risk losing him forever, and I would be okay with that.

I'd add McKinney, and cut Carter.  If I'm drunk enough to convince myself Carter will have a significant impact for us, I'd cut Roberts.