Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

No offense, but who cares about a big body? This fanbase has learned this lesson too many times. I’m all about the Chiefs scheme- bunch of fast wrs (all small) and one will break coverage, and if not, throw it to kelce. Not that Logan Thomas is kelce, but he gets the job done. 

Yeah, we have 3 WRs and a RB with 4.4 speed or better. Not too worried about it with 3 RBs that can catch and 3 TEs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, we have 3 WRs and a RB with 4.4 speed or better. Not too worried about it with 3 RBs that can catch and 3 TEs.

Patterson isn't a pass-catching back yet. Also, our TE depth is embarrassingly shallow in terms of offensive skill. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, terpfan said:

From what I can gather, the final 3 cuts will come from this group:

Deandre Carter (Milne is safe)

Ricky Seals-Jones (Reyes is safe)

Casey Toohill (Toney is safe)

David Bada

Jared Norris

David Mayo

Darryl Roberts

Darrick Forrest

I could really see any of them being cut. I think Bada is one cut since we can stash him for free on the PS. I’d probably lean RSJ over Carter given the makeup of the rest of the receivers but I could go either way on that. Toohill may get cut with an injury designation. Roberts wasn’t impressive but given that McTyer and Forrest are banged up they may think they need the depth there. Still would be surprised that he showed enough to keep over Moreland though. 

Funny remembering some of you arguing how the Darrick Forest pick instantly allowed us to cut Deshazor Everett, the ever capable hard hitting backup FS / SS and special teams captain, who arguably solidified the secondary last year.  Now Forest may not make the roster?  How the tables have turned!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Funny remembering some of you arguing how the Darrick Forest pick instantly allowed us to cut Deshazor Everett, the ever capable hard hitting backup FS / SS and special teams captain, who arguably solidified the secondary last year.  Now Forest may not make the roster?  How the tables have turned!

I know some mentioned the fumble he forced vs Cincy but I remember a few plays earlier falling HARD for a playaction role out by the QB that reminded me of the Spurrier defenses. I mean he had no clue the QB still had the ball.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CTskin said:

No offense, but who cares about a big body? This fanbase has learned this lesson too many times. I’m all about the Chiefs scheme- bunch of fast wrs (all small) and one will break coverage, and if not, throw it to kelce. Not that Logan Thomas is kelce, but he gets the job done. 

Yeah I think in the past many of us (myself included) have fallen too hard for the "big bodied" or tall WR thing, thinking it was a requirement. While a big bodied guy is nice to have, being able to separate is vastly more important in the NFL unless you're talking about a generational freak of nature like Calvin Johnson who could go up with 3 DBs hanging off of him and still make the catch 90% of the time.

Just based on my relatively small viewing sample size, Milne already looked to me like a superior route runner to AGG, even though he's a rookie. Rivera even said that Milne was ahead of where most rookies would be, and usually the route running is the biggest place rookie receivers tend to struggle.

4 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Cam as a back up over Heinaken or Allen?

No.  Cam won't want to be backup anywhere.    The only place he may get a starting job right now, is Houston.  Cam wants to start this year, he will probably have to wait for an injury. Even then, since he's unvaccinated; he would have to wait 5 days. So, he couldn't come in right away.   Mac won the job and he knew Cam wouldn't want to be a backup; so he cut Cam lose.  Also, there's no doubt him being unvaccinated hurt him and will hurt him in the future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I think in the past many of us (myself included) have fallen too hard for the "big bodied" or tall WR thing, thinking it was a requirement.

100%, we’ve all been there. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have a dk metcalf/ mike evans/ Dhop, but we don’t need to force it if we don’t have it. 

im with you on Milne- very relieved to hear he made the cut and I love that he gets to sponge up all humphries has to offer.

• Like 2