Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How much do we wanna bet Toohill or someone else who made the team goes on 3 week IR and then one of those LB's gets brought back?

Seems pretty likely something happens there. Mayo's not subject to waivers so he can be brought back easily assuming the feeling is mutual. Norris might be subject to waivers, not clear how much service time he actually accrued as he's constantly on and off rosters.

This makes the current breakdown:

Offense (26)

QB (3)

RB (3)

WR (7)

TE (4)

OL (9)

Defense (24)

DL (9)

LB (4)

CB (6)

S (5)

Special Teams (3)

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 1

So what does Darryl Roberts do well?  He must be good on special teams.  AFAIK he and Moreland only do Nickel corner.  But he stuck over Moreland.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bet Toohill and Toney made it because they heard of interest from other teams if they tried to practice squad them.

Supposedly every team is calling every other team about all of the borderline guys.  So that's a solid bet that someone wanting Edge help asked about their availability.

58 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Patterson isn't a pass-catching back yet. Also, our TE depth is embarrassingly shallow in terms of offensive skill. 

Keeping Patterson is nice but I hope he plays sparingly....I'd like to see Samuel get carries when Gibson is out for a break. That gets Milne or one of the other WR's on the field...Lots of ways the offense can go if Samuel is in the backfield.

• Thumb down 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree with the tweet below, I gather LB help on the way

Either way, we're definitely picking up a LB or 2, but just speculating, I wonder if Toney could play some LB, to take one of those backup roles 

And maybe wait to see who's cut, by a really LB-Heavy team

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

Some random roster thoughts as of now

QB - pretty much this has been locked in for months

RB - cutting Barber was the right move. I suspect he ends up on the PS

WR - a bit shocked they kept Carter over AGG. Carter is the best return guy on the team, but keeping a pure return guy in this day and age seems questionable. The NFL seems to be trying to eliminate them as much as possible. Plus, it's not like Carter is elite at it. He has zero career TDs and is 28. Hopefully AGG can make it to the PS

TE - I guess the team like Reyes enough not to subject him to waivers, but not enough to really make him the 3rd TE. Keeping 4 guys at such a weak position is questionable, but there's at least upside with some of the guys

OL - this was pretty much exactly as expected. There used to be depth here, but cutting Moses and Geron Christian earlier in the offseason severely weaked that. I believe Geron Christian made the Texans 53.

DL - Toohill and Toney over WBK is not super shocking, though I had thought WBK had the edge on both. WDK seems like a good PS candidate. David Bada is also in some weird limbo

LB - its clear they're going to bring back/bring in someone else here. 4 is too few. Mayo is not subject to waivers, so he might just be re-signed once someone else hits the IR

CB - Moreland being cut is probably the biggest surprise, if there even is one this year. Him playing in the Baltimore game was a clear indicator he was on the bubble. Still, I fgured he'd beat out guys like Roberts, who did make the team. Apke clearly made it based on special teams.

S- Forrest eeks on through as he was definitely on the bubble. Everett also returns, which I though was 50/50. Will Reaves come back again to the PS? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Keeping Patterson is nice but I hope he plays sparingly....I'd like to see Samuel get carries when Gibson is out for a break. That gets Milne or one of the other WR's on the field...Lots of ways the offense can go if Samuel is in the backfield.

I assume that’s the point the moment they signed Humphries. I know they wanted the luxury of working Curtis all over the field although I don’t know if I love the idea of him getting any goal line carries.

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Either way, we're definitely picking up a LB or 2, but just speculating, I wonder if Toney could play some LB, to take one of those backup roles 

Just had a similar thought, I’m sure it was suggested a while back that Toney had LB potential.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They talked about experimenting with him there but from what I saw and read, they haven't gone there yet.  So I am presuming they aren't counting on him as a LB yet.

But if they are going to go with some 3-4 type of looks as been reported, he's a good fit as a pass rushing LB type in that formation. 

Wow Dez was one of my favorite late round type WRs, I thought he'd go in the 6th-7th, I was blown away that he was taken in the 4th and said so on draft day. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, The Rook said:

🤔

I wonder if any of the cut selections used vaccine/no-vaccine as a consideration between relatively equal choices.  Or if it will be used in signing players.

Just wondering - no way we will ever know.

:229:The Rook

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Four LBs?  Are we bringing in KJ Wright?

Mentioned in the "Roster" thread:

🤔

I wonder if any of the cut selections used vaccine/no-vaccine as a consideration between relatively equal choices.  Or if it will be used in signing players.

Just wondering - no way we will ever know.

:229:The Rook

23 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So what does Darryl Roberts do well?  He must be good on special teams.  AFAIK he and Moreland only do Nickel corner.  But he stuck over Moreland.

Supposedly every team is calling every other team about all of the borderline guys.  So that's a solid bet that someone wanting Edge help asked about their availability.

Roberts has been pretty versatile in his career logging snaps outside, slot, and FS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

Roberts has been pretty versatile in his career logging snaps outside, slot, and FS.

I am a little concerned that the focus on the bubble roster spots are merely versatility. It's nice to have, but if they just do a few things ok but nothing well, what are they really bringing aside from a body? Not to say that's what they all are, but it seems we have a lot of guys kept purely for that reason.

• Like 1