Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SIP, Milne makes my day.  Again, hope the McTyer of whoever he is (haven't been able to keep up with WFT this preseason) is better and proves out over the Moreland move.  Moreland will be picked up soon I would think.  

I am pleased, too.  Thanks to some debates here, I had to dig back and rewatch some of his college games.   IMO killer good hands, good releases, very good run blocker.  And he can return punts.   I like him as a backup WR and maybe in 2022 he develops enough to take over from Humphries. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Not sure I having everything up to date, but looks like DeAndre Carter vs. Ricky Seals-Jones for the last offensive spot? On defense there's still a few questions. If we assume 11 DBs, then how many LBs (Norris and Mayo are still out there)? And how many DL (Toney, Toohill, and is David Bada still out there?)?

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not sure I having everything up to date, but looks like DeAndre Carter vs. Ricky Seals-Jones for the last offensive spot? On defense there's still a few questions. If we assume 11 DBs, then how many LBs (Norris and Mayo are still out there)? And how many DL (Toney, Toohill, and is David Bada still out there?)?

With Reyes making the active roster there’s no chance we spend 4 spots on TE. Also, I may be wrong but Bada doesn’t count against the 53.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, The Sisko said:

Not so fearless prediction. Jaret Patterson will not only beat out Peyton Barber for a roster spot, he'll be splitting carries 50/50 with Gibson by midseason. I'm not saying he's the next coming of Ezekiel Elliot or anything but dude's got legit quickness and can break tackles.

Well, I'm half right so far!😃

11 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

McCain came in to NFL as a corner. 

That could be significant. At least 2 DB's who can play 2 positions.

In a game with injuries, and in a pinch, Apke could fill in at Safety, and McCain could do the same at Corner, if needed.

Not the ideal situation, but it could be huge, in an emergency situation, within a game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

With Reyes making the active roster there’s no chance we spend 4 spots on TE. Also, I may be wrong but Bada doesn’t count against the 53.

He doesn't count against the roster limit now, but pretty sure you still have to cut him to get to 53. He can't be stuck in limbo. He'll need to pass through waivers and then potentially put on the PS (with an exemption, allowing them to carry one extra practice squad member). That is, unless he makes the 53

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That could be significant. At least 2 DB's who can play 2 positions.

In a game with injuries, and in a pinch, Apke could fill in at Safety, and McCain could do the same at Corner, if needed.

Not the ideal situation, but it could be huge, in an emergency situation, within a game.

There's also fuller who can play both if I'm not mistaken 

• Like 2

So it's basically pick three of these guys to cut to round out the roster (for now):

WR/PR DeAndre Carter

LB Jared Norris

LB David Mayo

DL Shaka Toney

DL Casey Toohill

DL David Bada

TE Ricky Seals-Jones

CB Darryl Roberts

Edited by Jericho

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Obligatory "I called it" post on Barnes. He was the main LB I promoted after the 1st round. He's going to be a good one. If I remember correctly, he was picked before our 4th round pick of Forrest so we didn't end up with a real shot at him. Still would've been a great compliment to Davis' game. We'll be in the market for a Barnes type LB in next year's draft.

• Like 1