Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They are definitely going to be worried about the Jets finding a way to get back up. But they may risk it anyways. But if he’s there at their pick they are going Etienne. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see a small jump.

Okay this is the worst thing that's happened all night.  I just dealt for James Robinson in two big time leagues.  **** ME

Not to mention it's just a stupid pick for them.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Okay this is the worst thing that's happened all night.  I just dealt for James Robinson in two big time leagues.  **** ME

I think it was a bad pick. They clearly did it for the benefit of Lawrence.

No idea where Cleveland goes. JOK makes sense here.

4 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Thanks. Answered my question on where they think he fits. Sam. Makes sense. One thing DelRio stresses is solid tackling that goes back to his days in Jax. 

SLB surprises me.  To me he comes off more as a weakside LB or maybe even Mike.  But agree with Josina's comment about he can likely play all three spots.

Her comment reminded me of another reason why I liked him and highlighted this on the draft thread -- the dude is a really sound tackler in open field.  He tackles low and brings his guy down.  

the Laron Landry talk here brings up a good comparison.  Landry albeit a safety would make some highlight tackles but would also miss too much.  Jamin doesn't miss much.  And his open field tackling is fun to watch.  He brings his targets down and he does it with attitude. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You know, I thought I was going to hate Greenberg hosting the draft.  And I don’t.  I’ve been watching the draft for so long I am “brand loyal” to Mel.  He was the first guy to do this, and I’ve been watching him since the 90’s.  So I was going to tolerate the rest of the guys for Mel.  

Though I think he’s lost his edge as he got older.  He used to go after picks and teams, which he doesn’t do as much anymore.  

He used to never shut up (not in a bad way, but this was HIS night), I forgot he existed for long stretches of time this year. Very quiet at times, other than slamming Leatherwood lol. I get the feeling he doesn’t love the dummies like Booger he’s seated next to who don’t really study these guys at all, they just speak in platitudes and generalities. Or his age is starting to show, he used to be nonstop energy to almost an irritating degree lol. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So where does that move Holcomb? Wasn’t here predominantly playing Sam last year?

Y’know, I read something a little while back mentioning Holcomb was our Mike and Bostic played Sam - I was convinced up to that point it was the reverse.  🤷‍♂️

Archived