Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Watch ny take Harris 

God I hope so, what a waste of resources that would be, especially for a team with Barkley. They aren’t running to the post season with Daniel Jones at QB lol

Davis put up impressive figures during Kentucky's Pro Day on March 31, running a 4.47 40-yard dash (fifth-highest among all linebackers) and posting a 42-inch vertical jump, highest at the position and seventh overall among all NFL Combine participants in 2021.8 mins ago

Less than a year ago, Jamin Davis was projected to be a key backup in the University of Kentucky’s linebacking corps. On Thursday, he realized a dream entertained by just about anyone who’s ever put on a pair of cleats.

The Washington Football Team drafted Davis with the 19th overall pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, making him the highest Wildcat selected in the event since Josh Allen was picked seventh overall in the 2019 edition. Including American Football League drafts, the official records of which are combined with that of the NFL, Davis becomes the 18th first-round pick in Kentucky history.

Davis is the third player drafted in the first round during head coach Mark Stoops’ tenure, following Allen and Bud Dupree (2015). Before Dupree, Kentucky’s most recent first-round selection was Dewayne Robertson, who went fourth overall 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Davis projects to be a 3 down LB who can play in the 4-3 and the Nickel. I think that's why we took him over someone like JOK who has a more niche skill set.

I think he can play full time MLB. He's just crazy athletic.

I think size with JOK may have been an issue as well. Yes he weight in at a little over 220 at his pro day, but when watching his cutups during the season he looked like he was way lighter to me. Closer to 200 or 210.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I think size with JOK may have been an issue as well. Yes he weight in at a little over 220 at his pro day, but when watching his cutups during the season he looked like he was way lighter to me. Closer to 200 or 210.

I think his hamstring is hurting him too.  He couldn't run at his proday, which would have helped him.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Have you all seen Jamin Davis without his shirt on?  We have the most comic book defensive front in the NFL.

With Sweat Young and Payne at the DL and now Davis's length/wingspan, we're about to lead the league in deflections. Without even factoring in our DBs.

Archived