Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Uh-huh, this was the point I was making earlier.  Any MAGA ally that survives the 2022 elections is going to push the "DeSantis is part of the establishment" narrative.  Now, it might be their toughest sell because to his credit, DeSantis really hasn't taken the bait and tried to hit back at Trump much at all yet, but if he does decide to run, he is likely going to go on the offensive at some point leading up to any announcement.   

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Uh-huh, this was the point I was making earlier.  Any MAGA ally that survives the 2022 elections is going to push the "DeSantis is part of the establishment" narrative.  Now, it might be their toughest sell because to his credit, DeSantis really hasn't taken the bait and tried to hit back at Trump much at all yet, but if he does decide to run, he is likely going to go on the offensive at some point leading up to any announcement.   

I think it will be interesting.  I think there is a faction of MAGA politicians that will follow Trump wherever he leads.  I think the larger MAGA faction are following Trump because it has led them, or they believe will lead them, into office/power/whatever.  The first faction will do as you say.  The latter faction will go wherever the political winds blow, and if DeSantis looks like the new gravy train, they'll simply change their stripes and claim they were always anti-Trump. 

• Like 1

Who had Michael Peroutka as the first to yell "Stop the Steal"? Come on down & get your MAGA hat...

On the new MD Governor: Saw his interview on CBS This Morning - Impressive dude, might be someone the Dems need to keep an eye on...

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

DeSantis really hasn't taken the bait and tried to hit back at Trump much at all yet, but if he does decide to run, he is likely going to go on the offensive at some point leading up to any announcement.   

I’m guessing he’ll say little to nothing for as long as he can, and they’ll let others do it for him. 

Lots of trumpers seem to like DeSantis. They need someone other than DeSantis to convince them to move on. Direct attacks from DeSantis will cause them to turn on him

(I have no idea what I’m talking about just guessing)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ive always done it the same way for years and suddenly it’s not working. Also not seeing anyone else’s embedded either 

Try another browser or do an update on the one you are using (to help troubleshoot), it's working for everyone except you, so it's more likely the client software you are using then the web server...

Edited by Renegade7

6 hours ago, tshile said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/candidate-quality-mattered/

so you can add npr politics team and Nate silver to the list of people saying what I was saying immediately following the election 

drill down and you find it’s not republicans policies that lost elections - its ****ty trumper candidates that lost 

this is great news for republicans. It’s not great news for democrats. They prefer to believe it’s policies that won them the day, and don’t want to even toy with the idea that if non-****ty candidates were run they’d have lost more races. 

Thats kind of what I'm thinking, too. 

I'm seeing a lot of (tentative) cheering that the GOP is turning on Trump. 

And while it's entertaining, what I don't see is them deciding to change any of their policies

Getting rid of Social Security is still an agenda. So is banning abortion. 

They're turning to DeSantis because DeSantis won an election and Trump lost one. Not one of them see any problem with DS attacking trans children. Or with weaponizing the government to attack Disney, of all things, for having the nerve to say that having the government legislate bullying against gays is morally wrong. Or using humans as props for practical jokes. Or leading the nation in opposing public health. 

To the GOP, all of those are positives

And, what I'm seeing is, they're right. Simply replacing Trump with a different homicidal Nazi will probably get them the power to harm the country some more. 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Man, all of the anti-Trump stuff coming from the Republicans is just a bunch of wishful thinking on their part.  

The cult will only vote for their leader.  No way he isn't the nominee, unless he's dead or in jail.  It's not about winning for these idiots, it's about being loyal to the cult.  

Some actual quotes from a single thread in another board I read (below); I think it's obvious that Trump brings something to the Republican party that they don't have.  While that loose consortium paid off handsomely in 2016 (and continues to pay off handsomely in the Supreme Court), it's also failed for 3 straight elections now. Also that other board is so ridiculous, I'm somewhat convinced there's a sizeable portion of bad actors (Russians, bored teenagers, whatever) egging on the crazy.

The GOP deep state is trying to run Trump out. If DeSantis is part of this effort he can kiss my arse because I don't think he would get into presidential office and not be an establishment potus.

I’m even more fervent for DJT now that prick Paul Ryan is telling us we can’t have him.

"That's kind of where I am. Two days ago, I thought it was time to move on from Trump. I do think he is being a little **** about DeSantis. But, the way the propaganda machine is burying him, I kind of want him to burn it all down if the GOPe is installing Ron."

"Trump has MASSIVE flaws but this appears to be an establishment takedown of Trump. Do we really want to go back to the days of George Bush Republicans? Because that’s more than likely what Desantis is going to bring. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lot better than Obama and Biden, but it’s a huge stepdown from America first."

"Part of the way these elections were rigged. Just enough R “losses” in battleground states so they can say it was a referendum on Trump and the GOP establishment can parrot the neocon/Warhawk/intelligence cartel’s talking points that this means the GOP and voters have moved on from him. They really want to see Desantis cannibalize him. It’s all part of their objective to ruin him politically so he can never hold office again. It’s so blatant, it’s hilarious. Desantis will comply so he can get that brass ring in 2024."

"You and others are missing the boat. Any Republican that is favored by the establishment Republicans will not get in office and do the things Trump did for the people. "

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alaska Senate race headed to ranked-choice runoff

The Alaska Senate race is headed to a ranked choice runoff, as no candidate on the ballot, including the top two vote-getters, GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski and GOP challenger Kelly Tshibaka, will reach 50%, according to NBC News.

However the contest eventually shakes out, the seat will remain in GOP hands. The ranked-choice voting system allows voters to rank candidates in order of preference.

Click on the link for the full article

Kremlin Cronies Sent Reeling on Live TV Over U.S. Midterm Elections

The midterm elections in the United States were a hot topic in Moscow. Convinced that the “red wave” was coming, Russian propagandists rushed to take credit for the anticipated landslide victory that would ensure Republican majority in Congress and Senate.

On Tuesday, Russia’s Tucker Carlson, top propagandist Vladimir Solovyov, greeted his audience by wishing them a “Happy Interference in the U.S. Election Day.” Yevgeny Prigozhin, known as “Putin's chef,” who was indicted as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference, likewise decided to publicly fess up to the allegations he previously denied.

This plan to discredit the U.S. elections and convince the Republicans that the mighty Kremlin hand covertly helped push them to victory had backfired. On Wednesday, state TV propagandists were scratching their heads about the wave that turned out to be but a trickle. During the broadcast of 60 Minutes, host Olga Skabeeva asked an expert: “How are our guys in America?” Political scientist Vladimir Kornilov clarified with a chuckle: “Our Republicans.”

Dmitry Abzalov, Director of the Center for Strategic Communications, noted that the outcome was much different than the predictions: “Even the Democrats predicted the red wave that will mow everything down, but it turned out to be quite modest.” Political scientist Vladimir Kornilov said, “The worst fears of the Democrats are now behind them. They easily won the states they were most concerned about.”

Co-host of 60 Minutes Evgeny Popov surmised: “Republican triumph or the tsunami did not materialize... Trump is already calling on Americans to protest ballot stuffing and not allowing his opponents to disrupt the elections.”

Click on the link for the full article

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

Thats kind of what I'm thinking, too. 

I'm seeing a lot of (tentative) cheering that the GOP is turning on Trump. 

And while it's entertaining, what I don't see is them deciding to change any of their policies

Getting rid of Social Security is still an agenda. So is banning abortion. 

They're turning to DeSantis because DeSantis won an election and Trump lost one. Not one of them see any problem with DS attacking trans children. Or with weaponizing the government to attack Disney, of all things, for having the nerve to say that having the government legislate bullying against gays is morally wrong. Or using humans as props for practical jokes. Or leading the nation in opposing public health. 

To the GOP, all of those are positives

And, what I'm seeing is, they're right. Simply replacing Trump with a different homicidal Nazi will probably get them the power to harm the country some more. 

"Less likely to get us involved in widespread thermonuclear war" is a small but important improvement.