Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

16 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Please don't step away long.  Love your posts & intellect personally.  Tater is just being...Tater.  You do not seem sad to me at all, but rather insightful.  Enough said, carry on all!  Btw, I miss putting "Hail" at the end of my posts.  I hope I/we can come up with something for the WFT in short order. :)

Cmon now...me just being me?....about a month or so ago trances put a sad emoji on like 4 or 5 post of mine in a row...cant remember exactly what posts..anyway..its what lead me to say that's why I thot he was a sad person...I didnt intend on making him/her walk away as I enjoy alot of his/her posts as well..especially the bit about the ping pong table ...anyway..my apologies, carry on.

• Sad 3

I can’t remember where it was posted but I thought it was interesting that Cosmi’s 2018-2019 O-line coach worked for Matsko in the past and employed many of his techniques and principles. I wonder if part of the stafff’s alleged rookie minicamp optimism stems from seeing how much of that foundational teaching Cosmi still had internalized as muscle memory. 

Just another one of those bits of information that show how much of a scheme fit the players selected in this draft really are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Didn't we use to have annual ES Awards, or am I making that up in my head?  We definitely should, either way. 

Honorary Hog use to do that, but he's long gone. It's a shame. Im about to hit 20k and I'm not going to get roasted. :ols:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

I’d send Kuechly a head set and shoulder pads saying, you choose, but welcome aboard. 

Offer him the chance to be a player coach. Who wouldn't want the opportunity to call their own number and put themself in the game.

Plus, two paychecks.

Make it happen

• Like 1

Bobby McCain is listed on the teams site as a Cornerback also did not realize he is 5’9 196lbs.  He chose #38 

Could it be possible the team doesn’t view him as the immediate slam dunk plug in at FS?

Maybe they view utilizing him as a CB and at S in more of a flexible hybrid role?

Not that it’s a big deal or that it means anything but I found it interesting..also I’m bored. Lol.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Bobby McCain is listed on the teams site as a Cornerback also did not realize he is 5’9 196lbs.  He chose #38 

Could it be possible the team doesn’t view him as the immediate slam dunk plug in at FS?

Maybe they view utilizing him as a CB and at S in more of a flexible hybrid role?

Not that it’s a big deal or that it means anything but I found it interesting..also I’m bored. Lol.

If one thing has become clear this year, it’s that Rivera wants & values competition for playing time. No

loafers, no free rides and no “over the hill gang”. This is refreshing the roster and the fan base.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The roster on the team site has no input from the coaching staff or FO this time of year, this comes up every offseason lol. That may not be his position, if he even has just one. But I definitely wouldn’t take info on the team website’s offseason roster as a sign that he won’t be the FS.

• Thanks 1

Haven’t been on the site for a bit since Moses being cut and McCain being signed. I see tons of posts about what the oline will look like next year. Who cares? I’m all for planning on the future but it’s not like Moses was a cornerstone that we were gonna build upon. His best asset was availability but he was so ineffective when always being nicked up and that was often. Plus how many people thought the sky was falling without Trent. We did okay without him. 

With McCain I’m interested in whether Collins remains on the team. Let’s be real … Collins has not lived up to his contract and now is coming off an injury. I’m tired of seeing him in coverage, he’s a liability there and his best asset is near the line but his tackling has been somewhat suspect IMHO. With our front seven we need guys in the secondary who can cover the field. McCain as a former corner has that ability and gives us a veteran presence in the secondary with a young Curl, Reeves. If Collins is on the team this year I see less playing time and not being on the team next year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

With McCain I’m interested in whether Collins remains on the team. Let’s be real … Collins has not lived up to his contract and now is coming off an injury. I’m tired of seeing him in coverage, he’s a liability there and his best asset is near the line but his tackling has been somewhat suspect IMHO. With our front seven we need guys in the secondary who can cover the field. McCain as a former corner has that ability and gives us a veteran presence in the secondary with a young Curl, Reeves. If Collins is on the team this year I see less playing time and not being on the team next year. 

McCain plays FS. Collins plays SS. McCain being signed means nothing about Collins' future.

• Like 2