Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought that was Reave's #

Did we let Reaves go, or did he change numbers, or am I just wrong about his # ?

I think you’re just wrong, but close. Reaves is 39. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

McCain plays FS. Collins plays SS. McCain being signed means nothing about Collins' future.

Can Curl play SS? If he can then McCain may mean something to Collins future? I think the McCain signing means Collins better come back fully healthy and ready to produce in camp. 

7 hours ago, NickyJ said:

McCain plays FS. Collins plays SS. McCain being signed means nothing about Collins' future.

The McCain signing certainly has an impact on Collins future. We’re not gonna stunt the growth of Curl by keeping him off the field plus we drafted another safety in Forrest. 

Like I mentioned Collins is a liability in coverage and with wide open offenses in the league we need guys who can cover. Our front seven is good enough to handle the run game. Remember the previous regime signed Collins. His cap number is $17 mil this year although his dead cap for this year is really high. 

If McCain, Forest, Curl, and Reaves show promise in camp, I could see Collins cut ala AP. 

• Like 1

Listened to a reporter who covers the Dolphins for the Athletic on a Galdi podcast.  In short...

McCain:  Was mostly a slot corner until Flores arrived who converted him to FS.  Good coverage guy.  The one thing that made them want to upgrade over him is he isn't a ball hawk.  So they drafted Holland who was a pick machine in college.  McCain is smart-leader-big time locker room guy.

Flowers:  Good guy, helped the younger players, but played "meh" hence they moved on.

Fitzpatrick:  he thinks the WFT fans will learn to love him like the Dolphin fans do. Big time leader, the players their loved him.   He thinks they'd have made the playoffs if they didn't play Tua. Dolphins ended up 10-6.  He thinks he will lead the WFT to the playoffs.  In short, he's a special guy who will give everything he has to win, including sacrificing his body.  He was impressed with his willingness to run, led Miami in rushing in 2019.  He's more in the Fitzmagic than tragic camp. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

The McCain signing certainly has an impact on Collins future. We’re not gonna stunt the growth of Curl by keeping him off the field plus we drafted another safety in Forrest. 

Like I mentioned Collins is a liability in coverage and with wide open offenses in the league we need guys who can cover. Our front seven is good enough to handle the run game. Remember the previous regime signed Collins. His cap number is $17 mil this year although his dead cap for this year is really high. 

If McCain, Forest, Curl, and Reaves show promise in camp, I could see Collins cut ala AP. 

I think Collins contract is much worse

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Can Curl play SS? If he can then McCain may mean something to Collins future? I think the McCain signing means Collins better come back fully healthy and ready to produce in camp. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Curl plays SS. Collins plays SS. Neither should play FS. McCain plays FS. McCain being signed has nothing to do with the SS position. McCain's competition is Apke and Reaves. In other words, he has no competition.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Curl is a strong safety.

But Collins isn't get cut this year. Assuming that we're talking about making Collins a post June 1 cut (when training camp would happen), there's negligible gain to cutting him. Meaning he's worth the same to the team on or off the roster. The bigger issue is that his 2021 base salary ($12,500,000) became fully guaranteed on the 5th day of the 2021 league year. Otherwise only $5 million was guaranteed. There was a window to cut Collins an a void an additional $7,500,000 cap hit. The team didn't take it. It's not going to suddenly take the hit now.

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Half those guys won’t be on a roster in September.

I remember immediately after Ron was hired, someone modified our helmet logo graphically, to show Ron's face instead of the N.A.

And underneath, it had the name RonSkins.

But what's most interesting about it now, is the foresight.

Because they did that, before the 2 major events of the team name removal, and the huge roster purge, thus making the 'parody' even far more true and applicable

8 hours ago, Jericho said:

Curl is a strong safety.

But Collins isn't get cut this year. Assuming that we're talking about making Collins a post June 1 cut (when training camp would happen), there's negligible gain to cutting him. Meaning he's worth the same to the team on or off the roster. The bigger issue is that his 2021 base salary ($12,500,000) became fully guaranteed on the 5th day of the 2021 league year. Otherwise only $5 million was guaranteed. There was a window to cut Collins an a void an additional $7,500,000 cap hit. The team didn't take it. It's not going to suddenly take the hit now.

He was injured. It became guaranteed, so this wasn't a decision that the team made to keep him. 

That said, it makes sense to keep him unless he's detrimental to the locker room. It's a wash for cap anyway. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

He was injured. It became guaranteed, so this wasn't a decision that the team made to keep him.  

Oh that’s an interesting twist I wasn’t aware of. His contract this year was guaranteed for injury? Yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well that’s not necessarily the OL lineup most imagined.... Charles at tackle instead of guard. Cosmi on the left instead of the right... may not mean anything but interesting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I want to call John out on his "HE'S A GUARD" tweet. I know the context here is Leno is the LT and Charles kicks to LG long-term, but think it's pretty telling that Charles is starting out at LT.

HA I had the same thought. Certainly wouldn’t vibe with them thinking HE. IS. A. GUARD. 

• Haha 6