Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Man I hope someone signs a whole rack of our UFA and we end up with some comp picks for next year.

Free Safety has historically been a depressed market the last few years so we still might manage to swing Anthony Harris on a decent deal. I hope we can also land KJ Wright at some point.

Should be fun to see who we end up signing at sun-down.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What is SFA for Alex Smith?  

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them bring back Moreau at a minimum deal.  

And if Kerrigan goes another couple weeks with no contract, he could re-sign for a very low price.  If nobody is going to pay him as a starter, and he has to take a vet minimum type deal, I'm pretty sure Ron would have him back to keep in the rotation.  

I can't see any of the others even in a "bring back" conversation.  

is it street free agent?

• Like 2

Just now, Fresh8686 said:

Man I hope someone signs a whole rack of our UFA and we end up with some comp picks for next year.

Free Safety has historically been a depressed market the last few years so we still might manage to swing Anthony Harris on a decent deal. I hope we can also land KJ Wright at some point.

I think that ship has sailed. 

They are still building up and luckily they are being aggressive this offseason to hopefully allow next year as a 'net loss' year.

I said 3-4 major adds through FA, and think it more likely to be 5 at this point. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

If they were able to sign KJ Wright and either Harris, Hooker or even Boston, they would go into the draft looking at a LT, TE, WR and LB along with a QB maybe

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

is it street free agent?

Street/Other - based on cut

https://overthecap.com/explaining-free-agent-and-contract-terms/

Desingation means they don't impact compensatory picks.  Maybe more to it, but that's how I treat it.

edit: and they can sign before FA starts, which doesn't matter at this point.

Edited by jsharrin55

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Roseman is the biggest weasel in the NFL....he has treated Ertz like trash the past year and now he says this because he's trying to pump up his trade value. No one is gonna pony up a third round draft pick for a 30 year old TE who's due over 8 mil this season. 

• Like 3

I find Isaiah Wright to be an interesting player.  6’2 220 to Gibson’s 6’2 228 coming out.  Experience as a KR, wr, and some running/wildcat reps.  Couldn’t find a 40 time, but projected in the upper 4.4s.  His speed, quickness and versatility make him more intriguing to me than guys like Sims, AGG and Harmon.  

Wonder if we could trade Collins next year.  Probably not given his high salary (what a ridiculous contract that was/is), but with no guaranteed money (I think), maybe we could squeeze a 6th or 7th? 

I could see earning comp picks next year (for the 2023 draft) - I assume our cap will be devoted to re-signing our own.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Something Cooley has said several times is he thinks Harmon actually could be a really good H-back for them.  I wonder if they think that?  He thinks pre-injury, Harmon was a very good blocker, and ran good routes, and had the size to be a complementary H-back type.

It's going to be very interesting to see how they use Curtis Samuel, because he can operate from anywhere, outside, slot, backfield. 

I could see them lining up with Terry and Cam Sims on the outside, putting Samuel in the slot, and then having some combination of Gibby, Logan, McKissic and Harmon as the remaining 2.  You could do a lot of things out of that formation.  You could also flip Cam and go Terry + Samual at WR, Logan + Harmon at TE/H-back, and Gibby at RB, and that could be very interesting.

I think Scott Turner really likes guys that can do a lot of things.  Harmon seems like a guy who can do that because he has size and can block.  

Which is not to say they won't look for other TE options, but I do wonder if Harmond might play some role in that, if not as a true TE, but a H-Back type that can block and is a pretty good WR for that type of position.  

I think the Samuel signing is worst for AGG, especially after the team picked up the option on Cam.  AGG enters as the 4th WR at a minimum, and is going to be fighting for playing time.  He's going to have to beat out Cam Sims to have any real shot at playing.  I'm assuming S. Sims is going to be cut.  I don't know about Wright and some of the other young guys.  

Shanahan did it with Niles Paul.  I've often wondered the same.  He's a big, physical receiver that has build up speed.  Seems a perfect conversion.  🙂

27 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

What's the odds on LTD for Sherff and Allen soon?. 

This is not what they need to be spending time on right now. In fact I could argue that unless you have a base contract in place and are really close, then it's the LAST thing they should be working on. Get through free agency and the draft. Then address the contracts when you know who and what you have and what you CAP looks like. There is no reason to rush it - for the team or the players. 

So May, maybe June. I am certain the players have been told this and are more than OK with it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I find Isaiah Wright to be an interesting player.  6’2 220 to Gibson’s 6’2 228 coming out.  Experience as a KR, wr, and some running/wildcat reps.  Couldn’t find a 40 time, but projected in the upper 4.4s.  His speed, quickness and versatility make him more intriguing to me than guys like Sims, AGG and Harmon.  

Wonder if we could trade Collins next year.  Probably not given his high salary (what a ridiculous contract that was/is), but with no guaranteed money (I think), maybe we could squeeze a 6th or 7th? 

I could see earning comp picks next year (for the 2023 draft) - I assume our cap will be devoted to re-signing our own.  

Did you see this link? Jeez, ESPN has his 40 time listed as 4.8, that's horrible. He's definitely not a blazer, but I didn't think he was that slow.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/198287/isaiah-wright

I honestly forget about Landon Collins being on our defense, I wonder what will happen with him. If we sign a true free safety would we play more dime with potentially 3 safeties on the field? Collins could play the hybrid role keep him around the LOS. But honestly I have no idea what I’m talking about 

• Haha 1

Both Standig and Keim seem to be implying they don't think any team will sign Tre Boston.  they will see if they land a FS in the draft if not that will sign Boston then.

If that's the case then I am assuming they aren't shopping right now for a FA FS. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1