Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

This is a great ****ing deal! Got him at a cheaper rate than the Giants got Bradberry for last year. 

I believe one of the reasons he went from elite to good in 2019 and 2020 was due to the crappiness of the Zac Taylor scheme. He should crush it here under JDR assuming he stays healthy

Be pumped guys. He is a true CB1

Edited by method man
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man, total Mandela Effect there. I could have sworn on my daughter's life I saw something saying he resigned with Vikings. Weird. Well, good for us then!

That was Anthony Barr prolly.  Please keep your daughter safe. 🤣

• Haha 2

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/2/26/22288891/free-agent-william-jackson

One more that's worth reading.

edit: (they were pretty close on Darby and Jackson).

Pro Football Focus is projecting Jackson to get a three-year deal worth $40 million dollars with $22.5 million guaranteed money included and averaging $13.3 million per season. If that’s what he gets(if not more), that’s quite a lot of money. Especially considering the Broncos will already likely be giving safety Justin Simmons a pretty big long-term deal this offseason as well.

Edited by jsharrin55

2 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Absolutely pumped about William Jackson. If there was one FA I wanted us to get it'd have been. This guy is an upgrade on Fuller nevermind Darby imo. 

Let’s us be more flexible with Fuller too.  If we happen to draft and develop an outside corner, can move Fuller to the slot or even FS.  I’m liking this move.

• Like 2

Definitely an upgrade from Darby.  We add a bridge QB, picked up a solid starting corner, we need to add a #2 receiver and maybe a free safety and I think it will be a very good free agency.  We can go into the draft without a desperate need and can truly draft best available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I like Jacksons man coverage. But we replaced a 10 million corner who doesnt get interceptions with a 14 million corner who doesnt either.

If they cover him long enough, maybe Chase Young can stop being a bust and get some sacks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, evmiii said:

Definitely an upgrade from Darby.  We add a bridge QB, picked up a solid starting corner, we need to add a #2 receiver and maybe a free safety and I think it will be a very good free agency.  We can go into the draft without a desperate need and can truly draft best available.

You forgot LB too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ananoman said:

Football is a weak link sport, which means that your worst player or players on the field can be exploited by the opponent and bring the rest of the team down (unlike basketball, which is a strong link sport, meaning a great player or two or three can carry an entire team).  Fitzpatrick has had the misfortune of playing on a lot of bad teams, which has no doubt had a negative impact on his stats.

What if your weak link is your owner?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4