Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Has Anthony Harris signed anywhere yet?

I hope we don’t go one year rental on a receiver 

Why would a team sign someone if they're basically saying "I'm out after this season"? I don't think any of these guys wanting a one-year deal will actually get it, they're too young for teams to offer that. 

With the signings thus far, I am even more convinced that our first pick at #19 will be LT Darrisaw.

And that it is all.

Or a WR. And that's all we need.

Or a LB. Because that's all we need.

Or a FS. As that's all we need.

Or a TE. Since that's all we need.

Or a Guard. Then, that's all we need.

So...just this LT, and this WR, and this LB, and this FS, and this TE, and this Guard.
That's all that's left, that we need. And we will be set !

steve martin film GIF

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With the signings thus far, I am even more convinced that our first pick at #19 will be LT Darrisaw.

And that it is all.

So...just this LT, and this WR, and this LB, and this FS, and this TE, and this Guard.

steve martin film GIF

We can narrow this down a bit at least.  No FS or TE in this draft worth that.  Soooo, yeah.  Think positive!

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And that it is all.

steve martin film GIF

That made me tired.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

People play their ass off in contract years.

It's not that simple, I think the concept works when a player is coming off a season when he's played below his perceived value. Signing Samuel to 1 year 12 million dollar contract is just creating another hole next year, because he will most likely be gone. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thanks 1

This Jackson signing is a mega move.  It looks like a bonafide upgrade. I wonder just how much our D is gonna change.  Wonder if we sick WJ on the other teams number 1 in man all game. And let him just go to work at what he does best. If we snuff out their top target and unleash the dline, our opponents will be hard pressed to find openings.  Gonna be very interesting to see how we play it. More pressure coming? So exciting what this D may look like.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This Jackson signing is a mega move.  It looks like a bonafide upgrade. I wonder just how much our D is gonna change.  Wonder if we sick WJ on the other teams number 1 in man all game. And let him just go to work at what he does best. If we snuff out their top target and unleash the dline, our opponents will be hard pressed to find openings.  Gonna be very interesting to see how we play it. More pressure coming? So exciting what this D may look like.

As of this moment, this is already the best defense we've had on paper in 20 years. If we add a LBer in the 1st, we'll have legitimately good players at all levels of the defense and the potential to be really scary. We've got to keep building the D though, I want us to have the best D in the league next year.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I would focus defense in free agency. To me this drafts biggest strengths are RB,WR,OL. 

Yes. Then. In the draft, would be sweet to pick up someone like Darrisaw and either Etienne or Najee Harris. Might have to move up some to get the running backs though. If Waddle is there at 19, would have to pick him.

Lots of possibilities!!

26 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

And then we get a compensatory pick in the draft. Sounds like a win to me 

With Bill Jackson as a 'trade-off', I'm fine with that anyway.

And he's locked up for 3 years.

Actually, we may not get a Comp Pick, if Jackson offsets Darby in that aspect, as well.

I snuck over to bengals fan land, and they seem upset at the loss of WJ3.

Apparently the team just didn't want to pay him. Fan opinion is that he's more of a man coverage guy, as opposed to zone.

That's great news, considering the way our DL works.

They replaced WJ3, who was ranked #20 by PFF, with Awuzie, who was ranked 95th. Just one of the reasons they feel they've downgraded.

Just more good signs on WJ3

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 8

In other new the 49ers have a 4year/80mil deal on the table for Trent and it may not be enough....

Love the Jackson signing. Wasn’t really expecting a move like that at CB, but I’ll take it. Clear upgrade and what looks like a real fit to what we do on D.

Would love a WR and LB. is a FS being greedy as well?

LT in the draft looks a good idea right now. Unless we get an affordable vet in. 

Can’t fit them all in, unless we extend Scherff, spend up, and then make Collins a post 1 June cut. Something like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Wow, WJIII is a great get for us. Solid price too. He is going to have a great time in our defense.

Samuel next man up, then get Anthony Harris and we are in fantastic shape.

Harris and a WR would be great. LB still to consider.....seriously consider.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

In other new the 49ers have a 4year/80mil deal on the table for Trent and it may not be enough....

Love the Jackson signing. Wasn’t really expecting a move like that at CB, but I’ll take it. Clear upgrade and what looks like a real fit to what we do on D.

Would love a WR and LB. is a FS being greedy as well?

LT in the draft looks a good idea right now. Unless we get an affordable vet in. 

Can’t fit them all in, unless we extend Scherff, spend up, and then make Collins a post 1 June cut. Something like that.

I doubt Collins goes anywhere yet and that's okay for now. 

I would love to grab a FS and LBer. I'd be happy if it's FA or the draft. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Harris and a WR would be great. LB still to consider.....seriously consider.

Our draft could be Collins and Werner or Moehrig and Bolton

I really want to sign Harris. Ever since someone tweeted that, I've been super hopeful about it.

• Like 1

Bengals fans

"We are paying Awuzie and Hilton $13M/yr combined while WJ3 is getting $14M/yr...
I like this for us. "

WjIII 3 years @ $42 million?
Glad we didn't make that deal.

2020 Season Stats  * CB with at least 20% of league-highest volume are ranked.

Overall 71.4

Solo Tackles 43T-46th
Interceptions 1T-44th
Targets 69T-40th
Receptions Allowed 36T-62nd

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1