Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Best guess on cap ... we’re at $38 ... $10m for Fitz. I’d guess a $9m hit for Jackson. $2m for cam sims. $2m Hopkins. So down around $15m. But that’s conservative. Would really help to get Scherff extended to kick that $18 down to $11-12. 

We have until tomorrow at 4pm to be under the cap too.  Just a reminder to everyone.  :)

35 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Definitely an upgrade from Darby.  We add a bridge QB, picked up a solid starting corner, we need to add a #2 receiver and maybe a free safety and I think it will be a very good free agency.  We can go into the draft without a desperate need and can truly draft best available.

I think LB is still a desperate need. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

you all should be kissing our FO’s ass

They’re doing well so far. I’d also contend that they should be kissing our asses for still being fans in this the year of our lord two thousand twenty one. 

But I’ll settle for just being competent at their jobs.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Well, they said they had two guys they wanted to swing big on in FA, and this is one of them.  Safety isn't as much of a need to upgrade anymore if the CB's in front of them are better.  Jackson clearly fits that.  Also Press-Man is going to be sexy with our pass rush.  No quick hitters against that.

We're all assuming the other position they want to swing big on is WR.  Free agency is still very much alive with that position.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Best guess on cap ... we’re at $38 ... $10m for Fitz. I’d guess a $9m hit for Jackson. $2m for cam sims. $2m Hopkins. So down around $15m. But that’s conservative. Would really help to get Scherff extended to kick that $18 down to $11-12. 

Extending Jon Allen would save some 2021 cap money too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

OTC has Sims at 2.133 and Hop at 1.212.  They have us at 36.3M remaining without Fitz and Jackson accounted for.

• Like 1

Maybe they will save some money and hold back on Signing a big name  LB this year and instead get one or two from the bargain bin then plan on draft zaven.   The one thing the D-line needed a little help with at times was straight up the middle, Collins is exactly the beef they need there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love what I'm reading on Jackson.  Seems like a really good fit and could really open some things up in the playbook for the defensive coaching staff.  Sounds like a terrific signing.

Incidentally, this is why I didn't want to pay Darby $10m.  That's the contract rate for the no man's land of inconsistent resume coming off a solid season.  Either pay up or pay down, but man I hate that middle range.

• Like 1

We went with the more conservative Jackson.. I was hoping for Adoree since he is more of a ball hawk and playmaker, but William is more conservative and will be in position more often- leading to more sacks. Either way we have upgraded the CB position so I'm not disappointed. 

• Like 2

Why does Ron Rivera love breaking news after 10pm?

Day 1 of 2020 off-season, Kendall Fuller signs after 10pm.

Day 1 of 2021 off-season, Fitzpatrick signs after 10pm.

Day 2 of 2021 off-season, William Jackson signs after 10pm.

What gives Rivera?  Are you secretly a vampire?  Do you only come out at night and that's when the signings happen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Why does Ron Rivera love breaking news after 10pm?

Day 1 of 2020 off-season, Kendall Fuller signs after 10pm.

Day 1 of 2021 off-season, Fitzpatrick signs after 10pm.

Day 2 of 2021 off-season, William Jackson signs after 10pm.

What gives Rivera?  Are you secretly a vampire?  Do you only come out at night and that's when the signings happen?

• Haha 3