Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Somewhat tangibly associated with the events of Jan 6th...pretty chilling thread imo.

"FBI agent on the stand for the state also confirms previous reports that their informant came to them out of concern over the group’s perceived danger to law enforcement, bringing concerning info to FBI about alleged overt acts to track down police officers addresses & kill them..."

"In April, at a tactical training exercise FBI says Wolverine Watchmen practiced breaching doors & structures similar to Lansing’s Capitol building. Days later they attended the April 30 anti-lockdown protest where armed protesters entered the building during legislative session. On April 30, in their car beforehand, FBI says Wolverine Watchmen talked about storming the Capitol building, different ways they could push people into the Capitol & how they could engage w/ police to spark violence."

39 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I bet by comparison, quarantine is looking like a trip to Cancun to this guy, now.

Yeah, the fact that so many of these people seem utterly clueless about just how goddamn illegal what they did was is pretty mind blowing. I'm sure some are just playing stupid but others appear to truly be perplexed. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, the fact that so many of these people seem utterly clueless about just how goddamn illegal what they did was is pretty mind blowing. I'm sure some are just playing stupid but others appear to truly be perplexed. 

It's almost as if someone in a position of power told them that they were allowed to do it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Most alleged Capitol rioters unconnected to extremist groups, analysis finds

Nearly 90% of the people charged in the Capitol riot so far have no connection with militias or other organized extremist groups, according to a new analysis that adds to the understanding of what some experts have dubbed the “mass radicalization” of Trump supporters.

A report from George Washington University’s Center on Extremism has analyzed court records about cases that have been made public. It found that more than half of people facing federal charges over the 6 January attack appear to have planned their participation alone, not even coordinating with family members or close friends. Only 33 of the 257 alleged participants appear to have been part of existing “militant networks”, including the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers anti-government militia.

The dominance of these “individual believers” among the alleged attackers underscored the importance of understanding the Capitol violence as part of a “diverse and fractured domestic extremist threat”, and highlighted the ongoing risk of lone actor terror attacks, the George Washington researchers concluded.

Other analysts have argued the Capitol attackers should be understood as “not merely a mix of rightwing organizations, but as a broader mass movement with violence at its core”.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

I think the above result is a good example of how the internet can radicalize people unwittingly if they don't have a good BS detector.   I have been listening to some former Q followers do interviews and the common theme among them is that a lot of them didn't know what they were being sucked into was "QAnon"  they just started clicking on stuff, then the algorithms would double and triple down on like-minded stuff, but none of it was ever labeled as QAnon, despite the original source of a lot of it being just that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, China said:

Most alleged Capitol rioters unconnected to extremist groups, analysis finds

Nearly 90% of the people charged in the Capitol riot so far have no connection with militias or other organized extremist groups, according to a new analysis that adds to the understanding of what some experts have dubbed the “mass radicalization” of Trump supporters.

A report from George Washington University’s Center on Extremism has analyzed court records about cases that have been made public. It found that more than half of people facing federal charges over the 6 January attack appear to have planned their participation alone, not even coordinating with family members or close friends. Only 33 of the 257 alleged participants appear to have been part of existing “militant networks”, including the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers anti-government militia.

The dominance of these “individual believers” among the alleged attackers underscored the importance of understanding the Capitol violence as part of a “diverse and fractured domestic extremist threat”, and highlighted the ongoing risk of lone actor terror attacks, the George Washington researchers concluded.

Other analysts have argued the Capitol attackers should be understood as “not merely a mix of rightwing organizations, but as a broader mass movement with violence at its core”.

I personally never thought they were all militia. If I had to put them all into one group, I would've gone with Qanon.

24 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think the above result is a good example of how the internet can radicalize people unwittingly if they don't have a good BS detector.   I have been listening to some former Q followers do interviews and the common theme among them is that a lot of them didn't know what they were being sucked into was "QAnon"  they just started clicking on stuff, then the algorithms would double and triple down on like-minded stuff, but none of it was ever labeled as QAnon, despite the original source of a lot of it being just that.

Add to that the isolation of the pandemic and here we are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Just knowing records of communications exist for sure if a hell of a find. 

How these congressmen are so stupid and evil Is beyond me. I wonder if the meet in secret at a strip club this time too. 

Given their tendency for projection, I'd say they meet in the  basement of a pizza parlor.

• Haha 2

Texas lawmaker who was in DC during insurrection refuses to release his state emails from early January

A Texas state representative from Fredericksburg has refused a request from the KSAT 12 Defenders to release public emails from the dates surrounding his trip to Washington, D.C., to attend a President Donald Trump rally.

The Jan. 6 rally immediately preceded a deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that has led to hundreds of federal charges and a massive FBI investigation.

Days after the siege, state Rep. Kyle Biedermann, a Trump-aligned Republican in the Texas House representing Kendall, Comal and Gillespie counties, downplayed the deadly riot during a talk-radio appearance.

That prompted the Defenders to request a copy of all emails sent to and from his Texas House of Representatives email address between Dec. 10, 2020, and Jan. 11, 2021.

Under Texas law, email inboxes maintained by taxpayer-funded government agencies, including the Texas Legislature, are public.

Biedermann’s chief of staff, Karin Dyer, responded to the request in late January claiming the office had nothing responsive to release.

After the Defenders challenged the claim that Biedermann had not received or sent any emails during those 30-plus days, Dyer responded that it is not the office’s policy to disclose information that is confidential by law. Dyer then cited two sections from the Texas Government Code.

However, email records for the inbox of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, obtained by the Defenders through an open records request, show that Biederman did indeed receive an email during that time period. Coincidentally, on Jan. 6, Biedermann received an email from Abbott naming a person from his district to the Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists.

“Apparently there was at least one email sent to the representative’s office during the relevant time frame, which raises the question of whether there were other emails that have not been produced. If there is any additional material responsive to the request, and not subject to an exception from disclosure, it should be produced immediately,” said Jim Hemphill, a veteran First Amendment attorney based in Austin.