Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 hours ago, China said:

Support grows for Capitol riot inquiry after Trump acquittal

A day after former President Donald Trump won his second Senate impeachment trial, bipartisan support appeared to be growing for an independent Sept. 11-style commission into the deadly insurrection that took place at the U.S. Capitol.

Investigations into the riot were already planned, with Senate hearings scheduled later this month in the Senate Rules Committee. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has asked retired Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré to lead an immediate review of the Capitol’s security process.

Lawmakers from both parties, speaking on Sunday’s news shows, signaled that even more inquiries were likely. The Senate verdict Saturday, with its 57-43 majority falling 10 votes short of the two-thirds needed to convict Trump, hardly put to rest the debate about the former president’s culpability for the Jan. 6 assault.

“There should be a complete investigation about what happened,” said Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy, one of seven Republicans who voted to convict Trump. “What was known, who knew it and when they knew, all that, because that builds the basis so this never happens again.”

Cassidy said he was “attempting to hold President Trump accountable,” and added that as Americans hear all the facts, “more folks will move to where I was.” He was censured by his state’s party after the vote.

Click on the link for the full article

I'm glad to read this. I was literally about to ask about investigating those on the Hill who could have been involved.  That is a very serious charge, needs full investigation.

• Thanks 1

Woman Posted on Facebook That Her Son ‘Sat in Pelosi’s Chair’ During Capitol Siege: Affidavit

A man was arrested in Pennsylvania on Friday for being in the Capitol Building during the January 6 siege, according to the Department of Justice. He is Russell James Peterson.

According to the affidavit, closed-circuit television spotted him within the Capitol Building’s Crypt and Crypt lobby.

Investigators obtained a federal search warrant on his Facebook account, and they claimed to discover he was livestreaming video from within the premises.

Screenshot-2803.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

How many elected people in Congress do you think either had insider information or were actually active participants in the insurrection?

My first thought was five, my second twenty.  It saddens me that I can’t generate enough benefit of the doubt to imagine zero. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

How many elected people in Congress do you think either had insider information or were actually active participants in the insurrection?

My first thought was five, my second twenty.  It saddens me that I can’t generate enough benefit of the doubt to imagine zero. 

I wouldn't be surprised if several members of congress' staff provided things like tactical planning.  Or live intel about member's locations.  Coordination as to when and where the certification would take place.  "Advice" to the Capitol Police about what a bad look it would be if the officers had riot gear, even nearby.  

As to the members themselves doing it?  Well, yeah, some of them are that dumb.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

By my count, not zero, which is unacceptable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Burgold said:

I'm going to guess more than 20 and they had help too from some that used to work the intel agency. Here is a twitter thread about how a lot from QAnon that where in the Intel community:

Edited by DCranon21
  • Sad 1

BTW, as to "how many members of Congress helped the riot"?  

I have no clue if any members personally gave rioters, say, maps of the Calitol, before the riot.  

I do know that, hours after the riot, 47 of them personally used the power of their office, to feed the meme that inspired them.  And to publicly declare themselves as supporters of the movement.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

https://apple.news/AVkvPqnGcT_KWaas7CGpfkQ

Rep Bennie Thompson is starting to make things happen.

"The lawsuit cites a scarcely used federal statute passed after the Civil War..."

Over the weekend I was thinking there MUST be something on the books that damn near none of the 43 senators or Trump ever considered (or even knew about) that could be used to rectify things...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

"The lawsuit cites a scarcely used federal statute passed after the Civil War..."

Over the weekend I was thinking there MUST be something on the books that damn near none of the 43 senators or Trump ever considered (or even knew about) that could be used to rectify things...

I just admire the fact that the law was written to be used against the Klan. 

Although, that also makes me reflect on how successful prosecuting the Klan was. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

3D66F9F5-C1BE-4A2D-8F99-AE9F7CC39A38.jpeg.b9b239e03984c3cbca7a11c257646633.jpeg

(wasn’t sure where to put this figured max target audience exposure was here)

(almost put it in the weather thread...)

Not sure what the big deal is, ice is just “common water.”  The Governor is telling people to stay off the roads.  Hello???  What about my Freedomz?

• Haha 6