Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, we've discovered that a political action committee claiming to represent Republican Attorneys General met with the staff of said AGs, in the months near an election?

They did more than that:

They helped fund the rally on January 6th.

GOP state attorneys general spread election lies that fueled Capitol riot

Republican AGs group sent robocalls urging march to the Capitol

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A California man went to the Capitol riots. His manager fired him and told the FBI.

Andrew Alan Hernandez was headed to work Thursday when he was stopped by the FBI.

Hernandez, a 44-year-old resident of Jurupa Valley, California, was promptly arrested by agents, facing charges of obstruction of justice, entering a "restricted building or grounds" without lawful authority and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.

He appeared in U.S. District Court in Riverside Thursday, reported Southern California News Group, which first broke the news.

According to a complaint filed by an FBI agent, the bureau was tipped off by Hernandez's manager at his place of employment — which remains unidentified — who spotted him wearing "the company shirt and hat" in a photo. That photo was published in New York Times Magazine on Jan. 14, nearly a week after the riots.

He was later fired for "misrepresenting the company in illegal activities," in a case reminiscent of an employee at a Maryland marketing firm who wore a badge to the Capitol riots.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FBI arrests Montgomery County man it believes took part in U.S. Capitol riots

Federal investigators have arrested another man from our area who they say participated in the U.S. Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6.

Pictures at the Capitol helped authorities track Jeremy Groseclose down.

The FBI raided his home off Brake Road and Route 460 in Elliston Thursday afternoon where he was arrested on four federal charges.

Among those charges are obstruction of law enforcement, obstruction of Congress, knowingly entering a restricted building and violent entry on Capitol grounds.

He went before a judge in Roanoke’s federal court shortly after his arrest and was released on a $20,000 bond.

Groseclose is one of the few hundreds of people investigators have pinned for their alleged involvement in the insurrection.

In federal court filings, investigators say he came on the radar after two people submitted tips to the online tip portal.

They said he had “several social media posts about being at the Capitol and taking part in the riot.” According to officials, he also posted a picture of blood and said he was present when the female was shot, but took the post down.

Yeah, get them all. 

I remember watching the people stealing & destroying many of the media's equipment (and assaulting the media). Everything  saw took place on the Capitol grounds. I wonder how/if the various media outlets will go after them? Or is that something the FBI, Capitol or DC police will track down?

Also, the FBI is zeroing in on 1 suspect in the murder of Officer Sicknick. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-investigation.html

• Like 2

The American People Are Identifying Trump Terrorists And Having Them Arrested

Federal law enforcement has been getting help from the American people in identifying Trump terrorists who attacked the Capitol.

Malcolm Nance blasted the cops and former military who participated in the attack and talked about participating in photo panels to identify them.

So far, 300 people have been charged in the attack. The Justice Department has opened files on 542 people. The FBI has received 200,000 tips from the American people. There are stories everyday about people turning in loved ones, exs, and those in their communities who participated in the attack.

All of this is happening before President Biden’s nominee to be attorney general, Merrick Garland has been confirmed. Once the DOJ has a confirmed attorney general and more staff are added, the investigation and arrests will accelerate.

• Like 3

Rep. Jim Jordan’s false claim that Pelosi denied a request for National Guard troops

“Capitol Police requested National Guard help prior to January 6th. That request was denied by Speaker Pelosi and her Sergeant at Arms.”

— Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), in a tweet, Feb. 15, 2021

Though the Capitol Hill insurrection was inspired by former president Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 election and mounted by his followers, some Republicans have tried to pin the blame elsewhere. One prominent target is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), as this tweet indicates.

We were convinced by House Republican staff to hold off on fact-checking this tweet before last week’s testimony by key figures in the Capitol Hill security during the Jan. 6 events. But if anything, that testimony further undermined Jordan’s widely circulated tweet.

There are three key players here: Steven A. Sund, the U.S. Capitol Police chief; Paul D. Irving, the House sergeant-at-arms, and Michael C. Stenger, the Senate sergeant-at-arms. All three resigned under pressure after the Jan. 6 insurrection.

At issue is what they discussed on Jan. 4, two days before the Capitol riot. Jordan refers to Irving as “her Sergeant at Arms,” but Irving, a former Secret Service supervisor, had been appointed in 2012 by then-House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio).

In a Feb. 1 letter to Pelosi, Sund wrote he “approached the two Sergeants at Arms to request the assistance of the National Guard, as I had no authority to do so without an Emergency Declaration by the Capitol Police Board (CPB).” He said he spoke first to Irving, who “stated that he was concerned about the ‘optics’ and didn’t feel that the intelligence supported it.” Irving suggested Sund check in with Stenger, at the time chair of the CPB and get his thoughts. “Instead of approving the use of the National Guard, however, Mr. Stenger suggested I ask them how quickly we could get support if needed and to ‘lean forward’ in case we had to request assistance on January 6,” Sund wrote.

Sund said he then contacted Gen. William Walker, commanding officer of the D.C. National Guard. Walker “advised that he could repurpose 125 National Guard and have them to me fairly quickly, once approved. I asked General Walker to be prepared in the event that we requested them.”

That was the state of play when Jordan tweeted. Note that there is no indication that Pelosi was at all involved.

So I keep seeing daily all these people being swooped up and charged.  When do the actual trials begin?  I am still very curious what actual punishment(s) are going to come of this.  I am sure there will be a sliding scale depending on what activities were actually being done by each individual, but one thing for sure is the ones who were leading the charge to actually get to the gov't officials need to have the book thrown at them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So I keep seeing daily all these people being swooped up and charged.  When do the actual trials begin?  I am still very curious what actual punishment(s) are going to come of this.  I am sure there will be a sliding scale depending on what activities were actually being done by each individual, but one thing for sure is the ones who were leading the charge to actually get to the gov't officials need to have the book thrown at them. 

My bet would be that virtually none will be convicted.

Because every single jury will have at least one Trumper who will ignore all reality. somebody who will decide that the accused is really undercover Antifa posing as a Trumper, and therefore can't be convicted, or something equally logical. 

But mainly, because they've been taught how. If the accused is on your team, then simply refuse to convict. That's the way to keep the team going. 

Edited by Larry
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Larry said:

My bet would be that virtually none will be convicted.

Because every single jury will have at least one Trumper who will ignore all reality. somebody who will decide that the accused is really undercover Antifa posing as a Trumper, and therefore can't be convicted, or something equally logical. 

But mainly, because they've been taught how. If the accused is on your team, then simply refuse to convict. That's the way to keep the team going. 

If they believe the accused is an undercover Antifa, won't they push for the death penalty?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

If they believe the accused is an undercover Antifa, won't they push for the death penalty?

I was thinking the same thing.  Hell, maybe the rest of the jury could even stoke those flames in order to trick the Trumper into convicting?

Capitol riot probe zeroes in on Pentagon delay in sending troops

Three hours and 19 minutes, while a riot raged at the Capitol.

That’s how long the commanding general of the D.C. National Guard says elapsed between then-Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s “frantic” plea for help quelling a violent mob and the ultimate approval of military aid by the Pentagon. The discrepancy between his estimate and the Pentagon's conflicting testimony is now at the heart of lawmakers’ investigation into the security lapses that prolonged the siege on Congress on Jan. 6.

The conflict in officials’ accounts of their response to the insurrection came into sharper view on Wednesday, when D.C. National Guard chief William Walker told senators he was blocked from reacting quickly while Pentagon officials disputed his account. As lawmakers wrestle with an investigation into what went wrong, they found their key witnesses on very different pages.

And the overlapping narratives of Jan. 6 are hitting a Capitol already dealing with a volatile security environment, as Capitol Police warn of multiple ongoing threats — one to the as-yet-unscheduled State of the Union address and another on Thursday, when some Trump-supporting militia groups have suggested once again breaching the Capitol.

Walker, with evident exasperation, told two Senate committees that he preemptively loaded troops on buses amid the chaos of the insurrection while awaiting approval from acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller. That approval took hours to arrive, he said. In the interim, top Army leaders — including the brother of former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn — pushed back, worrying that the visual of National Guard troops ringing the Capitol could “inflame” the rioters, Walker said.

• Sad 1