Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Teenager, arrested in connection with Capitol riot, assaulted by fellow inmate, attorney says

A teenager believed to be the youngest suspect arrested in connection with the U.S. Capitol riot was punched by a fellow inmate and has tested positive for Covid-19, defense attorneys said Monday.

The suspect, Bruno Joseph Cua, 18, is asking to be released from the Grady County Jail in Oklahoma, where he has largely been in solitary confinement since he was arrested Feb. 5, defense attorney William Zapf said in court papers seeking his pretrial release.

"Mr. Cua was assaulted and then threatened by a fellow inmate over this past weekend," Zapf wrote. "We understand that the inmate struck Mr. Cua in the face with his open hand, injuring his nose, over the use of the phone, and then threatened him regarding the incident."

On Saturday, a Covid-19 test for Cua came back positive, Zapf said. His attorneys argued that he is ready to safely self-quarantine, perhaps at a hotel, if he is released.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Kimberly Paschall argued that Cua "poses a significant danger to the community" and that his social media postings "show clearly the radicalized mind of a young man fixated on stopping the normal functional of democracy."

The "nature and seriousness of the danger to any person or the community strongly favors detention in this matter," Paschall responded.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

Gee, that's what happens when you break the law. I guess his parents didn't have the 18 year old birthday talk about what happens when a person becomes legally responsible for themselves when they turn 18. That's what I did. I never had a problem with my daughter after that talk.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Gee, that's what happens when you break the law. I guess his parents didn't have the 18 year old birthday talk about what happens when a person becomes legally responsible for themselves when they turn 18. That's what I did. I never had a problem with my daughter after that talk.

My parents didn't have to give me that talk, I was smart enough to figure it out on my own.

• Like 4

Texas Florist Who Admitted to Being in Pelosi’s Office Wants Case Moved from D.C. Because of ‘Cancel Culture’

A high-profile defendant in the U.S. Capitol siege wants her case severed from a co-defendant she was charged with, and she also demands a change of venue, asserting she cannot get a fair trial in the liberal-heavy Washington, D.C. because of “cancel culture.” The defense for Texas florist Jenny Louise Cudd, who was on video happily admitting to being in the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, asserted authorities were creating the “illusion” of a conspiracy between her and Eliel Rosa by linking their cases.

“According to the Government’s Statement of Facts, the two were seen on security footage walking into the building, walking around, and walking out,” attorney Marina Medvin said in a filing Wednesday. 

The defense also wants a change of venue, asserting Cudd could not get a fair trial in Washington, D.C. because of “cancel culture.” From the motion:

A modern-day liberal D.C. jury that is readily swayed by the socio-political concept of “social justice” will be prejudiced against rendering a not guilty verdict for a defendant who actively supported a President that has been politically deemed “racist,” especially against a defendant who they believe has “white privilege.” Democrats believe that, “in a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be antiracist.” How would being actively “anti-racist” translate on a D.C. jury overseeing the case of a Capitol “insurrectionist” with “white privilege” who supports a “racist President”? A Washington D.C. Democrat venire is greatly prejudiced and socio-ethically compelled to “cancel” such a defendant by finding her guilty in the name of “social justice.” As stated previously, this case is political, through and through.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I didn't figure it out...I just never had the desire to do the types of things that land you in jail. Plus, being a loner kinda eliminates peer pressure lol...

Maybe it was the fact that I had already been brought home by the police when I was younger that made me realize they wouldn't take me home, but to jail if I did those stupid things when I was older.

• Like 2

Florida Man With Alleged Links To Oath Keepers Charged Over Capitol Riot

Federal agents arrested an Army veteran with ties to the far-right Oath Keepers paramilitary group on Thursday on conspiracy and other charges connected to the violent storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Kenneth Harrelson, 41, made his initial appearance in federal court Thursday in Orlando, Fla. He was ordered to be held pending a detention hearing Monday.

Harrelson faces four counts, including obstructing an official proceeding, destruction of government property, entering a restricted building and conspiracy.

He is accused in an FBI affidavit of conspiring with nine individuals, all of whom are affiliated with the Oath Keepers and are facing federal charges for allegedly coordinating to storm the Capitol.

• Like 1

Prosecutors seek a slowdown in Capitol attack cases, calling probe the ‘most complex’ in history

Federal prosecutors have begun seeking 60-day delays across a series of Capitol riot cases, calling the probe “likely the most complex investigation ever prosecuted by the Department of Justice.”

In a nine-page filing lodged in multiple cases Friday morning, U.S. attorneys handling cases stemming from the Jan. 6 insurrection cited the rapidly growing roster of defendants and the enormous cache of evidence they must sift through to get a complete picture of the crimes committed that day.

“The investigation and prosecution of the Capitol Attack will likely be one of the largest in American history,” prosecutors said, “both in terms of the number of defendants prosecuted and the nature and volume of the evidence.”

That evidence, they said, includes findings of more than 900 search warrants executed in nearly every state. It also includes more than 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-worn camera footage supplied by some of the 14 federal and local law enforcement agencies that participated in the Capitol response — from the FBI to the Secret Service to the Arlington, Va., police department.

Authorities are also combing through 1,600 electronic devices, conducting hundreds of searches of text messages from multiple providers, and reviewing 210,000 tips and 80,000 witness interviews.

The new filings amount to an effort by the Justice Department — a day after Attorney General Merrick Garland took the helm — to pump the brakes. Garland has described the investigation of the Capitol assault — when a violent mob of Donald Trump supporters, primed by the president’s baseless claim that the 2020 election was stolen, stormed past police lines and delayed Congress’ ceremonial counting of electoral votes — as his top early priority.

Already, about 300 suspects have been charged — and at least another 100 are likely to be added, prosecutors say in the filings.

• Like 1

Alleged Oath Keeper charged in Capitol attack insults Capitol police over failure to plan for January 6 riot

An alleged member of an extremist group charged in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol insulted the US Capitol Police in a court filing Thursday, arguing that the breach of the congressional complex would not have happened if the police had "engaged in the level of strategic planning" that the rioters did.

Thomas Caldwell, a Virginia veteran, has pleaded not guilty to conspiring with other members of the extremist Oath Keepers to attack the Capitol as the results of the 2020 presidential election were being certified.

Prosecutors have previously claimed that members of the right-wing extremist group planned for a "Quick Reaction Force," known as a QRF, in Virginia across the river from Washington, DC, if reinforcements were needed during the Capitol assault.

But Caldwell's lawyer David Fisher pushed back on those claims Thursday. He said Caldwell and other Oath Keepers were afraid of the left-wing extremist collective Antifa, and wanted a rapid response force to protect the pro-Trump rally.

"The 'QRF' was nothing but a contingency plan hatched up by retired military guys strategizing in the event that Antifa launched a coordinated attack against rally-goers," Fischer wrote. "...Ironically, had the US Capitol Police leadership engaged in the level of strategic planning that Caldwell and others did, the Capitol would have never been breached."