Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

You can troll whoever put it up by commenting that it’s exactly the same as in the office of Saul Goodman, a lawyer who provides legal defense for Mexican drug dealers.

My favorite is the ‘Don’t Tread on Me’ flag and license plate. You often see it flown outside the worst trailers in ****ty drive-trough towns in West Virginia. I’ve wanted to let them know that everyone has been treading on you all your lives and yet you keep voting for them.

My favorite that I see in Northern VA a fair amount is the "Don't Tread On Me" license plates on some $100,000 Escalade or expensive Mercedes. It's like...****, who the **** is treading on your ass? Goddamn snowflakes.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Is there a reason a black woman should not be treated better than her daughter?

I mean…. why would she even go racial?

There were other white women involved involved in Jan. 6th … as well as other white males… who didn’t suffer the same fate as her daughter. Surely, that’s more relevant/applicable if you’re going to decry injustice?!?!

Not if you're going to (wrongly) decry justice to the crowd you're crying to.

Shame what happened to her daughter. As it's been said ad nauseum, all that she had to do is comply with the officer's order to not do what she was doing.
Instead she didn't, and

~Bang!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

In Defense of the Justice Department

Editor’s Note: The following article should be read in conversation with "Is the Justice Department Meeting the Moment?" by Quinta Jurecic and Natalie Orpett. Together, the articles articulate two sides of a debate over criticisms of the Justice Department’s approach to investigating the insurrection and Trump’s personal criminal culpability for efforts to overturn the election.

Attorney General Merrick Garland has a serious problem on his hands: Much of the country has lost patience with the Justice Department’s Jan. 6 investigation.

It’s not just #Resistance Twitter and the occasional irresponsible member of Congress any longer. They have been braying at the attorney general for months to “do your job” and get on with indicting Donald Trump and all the former president’s men.

Now it’s also former Mueller investigation prosecutor Andrew Weissmann (“A myopic focus on the Jan. 6 riot is not the way to proceed if you are trying to follow the facts where they lead and to hold people ‘at any level’ criminally accountable, as Attorney General Merrick Garland promised”). It’s the normally sober and careful Jan. 6 committee member and Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (“It is unprecedented for Congress to be so far out ahead of the Justice Department in a complex investigation”). It’s the highly experienced and knowledgeable former FBI agent Peter Strzok (“I’ve defended DOJ and the FBI for a long time about January 6th. But it’s time for Congress to start asking questions”).

And it’s President Biden himself (“[W]hile the president has never communicated his frustrations directly to Mr. Garland, he has said privately that he wanted Mr. Garland to act less like a ponderous judge and more like a prosecutor who is willing to take decisive action over the events of Jan. 6”).

Most upsetting—to me, at least—it is my esteemed Lawfare colleagues Quinta Jurecic and Natalie Orpett, who argue in these pages today that “it’s reasonable at this point for the public to be frustrated by, and for journalists and commentators to start pushing on, the Justice Department’s continuing silence on the matter of Trump’s personal criminal culpability.”

--------------

One way to assess the department’s actual performance is to ask yourself the following question: Given what Garland has said about the probe and the way we know complex federal investigations work, and given the specific complexities of this probe in particular, what would we have expected an aggressive investigation to look like had we been asked to forecast the matter when Garland became attorney general?

Before you answer, keep in mind that the so-called Watergate Seven—the top aides to President Nixon—were not indicted until March 1974, almost two years after the Watergate break-in took place. Nixon, for his part, was still unindicted at the time of his pardon more than two years and three months after the crime. The Watergate Special Prosecution Force did not wrap up its work until 1977, fully five years after the break-in and nearly three years after Nixon left office. And Watergate, let’s recall, involved a far less complicated fact pattern than Jan. 6, one with only a tiny fraction of the number of potential witnesses and defendants.

So what would we have hoped to see had we imagined an aggressive investigation a year and a half ago? We would have wanted to see a large and ever-growing number of indictments. We would have wanted to see charges getting more serious over time and indictments involving defendants ever-higher up in the investigative food chain. We would have wanted to see evidence of investigative activity involving people within the political echelon—not just rioters and riot organizers. And we would have wanted to see evidence that as new fact patterns come into focus regarding that political echelon, the investigation locks in on them.

(snip)

In other words, the investigation in practice looks almost exactly like what we would have expected it to look like if prosecutors were taking this activity very seriously and methodically working their way up the chain.

Click on the link for more

• Like 3

Steve Bannon Calls On '4,000 Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' The Government 'Brick By Brick'

Fresh from a double contempt of Congress conviction linked to his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, Steve Bannon is now calling on “4,000 shock troops” to “deconstruct” the federal government “brick by brick.”

He wants to see people “stepping forward, say[ing], ’Hey, I want to be one of those 4,000 shock troops,” Bannon said on his “War Room” podcast Monday. “This is taking on and defeating and deconstructing the administrative state,” he added.

“Shock troops” are assault forces that lead an attack.

“Suck on it,” said Bannon. “We’re destroying this illegitimate regime.”

Bannon’s incendiary comments evoked his ominous call the day before the U.S. Capitol riot, when he told supporters of then-President Donald Trump on his podcast: “All hell is going to break loose tomorrow. We’re on ... the point of attack ... strap in.”

Bannon was responding to an Axios report last week that Trump and his allies are already plotting to replace all federal officials and civil service workers with those whose key qualification would be slavish devotion to Trump if he retakes the White House in the 2024 election.

Click on the link for the full article

This guy needs a polonium enema.

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Steve Bannon Calls On '4,000 Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' The Government 'Brick By Brick'

Fresh from a double contempt of Congress conviction linked to his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, Steve Bannon is now calling on “4,000 shock troops” to “deconstruct” the federal government “brick by brick.”

He wants to see people “stepping forward, say[ing], ’Hey, I want to be one of those 4,000 shock troops,” Bannon said on his “War Room” podcast Monday. “This is taking on and defeating and deconstructing the administrative state,” he added.

Bannon’s incendiary comments evoked his ominous call the day before the U.S. Capitol riot, when he told supporters of then-President Donald Trump on his podcast: “All hell is going to break loose tomorrow. We’re on ... the point of attack ... strap in.”

Bannon was responding to an Axios report last week that Trump and his allies are already plotting to replace all federal officials and civil service workers with those whose key qualification would be slavish devotion to Trump if he retakes the White House in the 2024 election.

I really really hope someone with some authority to do something about this mother****er is taking him seriously. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

"Nancy Pelosi sitting up there in her castle mad that the minions dared show up that day — well, you know there are a million strong people there to address their government and they made an attempt to kill the First Amendment," said Babbitt's mother Micki Withoeft.

I mean...when you're right, you're right:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, or to violently storm into whatever ****ing government building you want without consequences.

6 hours ago, China said:

Gotta love the irony of a guy blatantly calling for wanton violence against anyone he disagrees with while sitting right in front of a picture of Jesus.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

As soon as I saw the video of Josh Hawley, I thought to myself "Ha! Hawlin' Hawley". I have not heard a single person even come close to saying something even similar to this yet, I don't get it. Is this what inventing something feels like?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Bannon is just an idiot with a loud voice and cult-ish following.  Everything he is shouting about is actually already being done by the right-wing just not via violence. He's just another useful idiot that is taking more heat off the actual elected officials who agree with most of his anti-gov't sentiment, but prefer to do with the stroke of a pen.  

• Thumb up 4

4 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Why is this breaking?  Haven't they been doing this?

Yes, it's clearly a headline designed to garner clicks, but this is the relevant bit from the article:

The Washington Post and other news organizations have previously written that the Justice Department is examining the conduct of Eastman, Giuliani and others in Trump’s orbit. But the degree of prosecutors’ interest in Trump’s actions has not been previously reported, nor has the review of senior Trump aides’ phone records.

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, China said:

Sounds like sedition to me.

• Thanks 1