Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

DHS watchdog has launched criminal probe into destruction of Jan. 6 Secret Service text messages, sources say

The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General has launched a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the destruction of Secret Service text messages that may have been relevant to inquiries about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.  

The results of the investigation could be referred to federal prosecutors, the sources said, depending on the results.

The DHS Inspector General informed the Secret Service on Wednesday evening that the investigation is now criminal and that it should halt all internal investigations on the missing text messages, according to a letter detailed to NBC News. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 9/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, China said:

January 6 rioter who said she looked for Pelosi 'to shoot her in the friggin' brain' pleads guilty to misdemeanor for illegally protesting

A Pennsylvania woman who stormed the US Capitol on January 6 and said she had been looking for Nancy Pelosi "to shoot her in the friggin' brain" pleaded guilty Tuesday to a low-level misdemeanor for unlawfully protesting on restricted grounds.

Doylestown gym owner Dawn Bancroft entered the guilty plea in DC District Court and was immediately dressed down by a federal judge, who called the violent rhetoric caught in a video selfie "disturbing."

"That's really troubling. It's horrible. It's outrageous," District Judge Emmet Sullivan said, before turning his attention to federal prosecutors and asking, "Does it not rise to the level of a threat?"

The Justice Department lawyers said they hadn't charged Bancroft with threatening Pelosi, a California Democrat who's the speaker of the House, because Bancroft had uttered the comment while she was exiting the Capitol, potentially making it harder to prove that the threat to Pelosi was serious.

Instead, prosecutors offered what has become the go-to plea bargain for Capitol rioters who aren't accused of violence. She pleaded guilty to one count of illegally protesting in the Capitol, a misdemeanor that could lead to six months in jail, though defendants rarely get the maximum.

"We're going to talk about that more at sentencing," Sullivan said. "I understand you were leaving the Capitol. I understand the government's logic in not prosecuting you ... but I don't want to, in any way, minimize the very troubling nature of a pretty outrageous statement."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

I love watching the peeps sitting behind the witnesses... just thinking... "don't fall asleep, don't fall asleep!"

These people never take notes or anything... they just stare straight ahead or at the back of the witnesses head... they never react... must be platinum level CSPAN donors..

• Like 1

I don't doubt Melignia when she says she didn't know the Capitol was under attack. She doesn't care, and likely was nowhere near anyone who would tell her anything, because what would be the point?

She did her job. 

~Bang