Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Jan. 6 texts missing for Trump Homeland Security’s Wolf and Cuccinelli

Text messages for President Donald Trump’s acting homeland security secretary Chad Wolf and acting deputy secretary Ken Cuccinelli are missing for a key period leading up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to four people briefed on the matter and internal emails.

This discovery of missing records for the senior-most Homeland Security officials, which has not been previously reported, increases the volume of potential evidence that has vanished regarding the time around the Capitol attack.

It comes as both congressional and criminal investigators at the Justice Department seek to piece together an effort by Trump and his allies to overturn the results of the election, which culminated in a pro-Trump rally that became a violent riot in the halls of Congress.

The Department of Homeland Security notified the agency’s inspector general in late February that Wolf’s and Cuccinelli’s texts were lost in a “reset” of their government phones when they left their jobs in January 2021 in preparation for the new Biden administration, according to an internal record obtained by the Project on Government Oversight and shared with The Washington Post.

The office of the department’s undersecretary of management also told the government watchdog that the text messages for its boss, Undersecretary Randolph “Tex” Alles, the former Secret Service director, were also no longer available due to a previously planned phone reset.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Pro-Trump influencer upset after documents detailing 'substantial' cooperation with FBI are released

A pro-Trump social media influencer who was convicted of disorderly and disruptive conduct on the Capitol's grounds for his actions Jan. 6 is upset over the release of court filings this week that were supposed to be sealed and detail the assistance he provided to federal authorities investigating the siege.

Brandon Straka, a self-described former liberal who founded the #WalkAway movement in support of Republicans, was sentenced to three months of home detention and a total of three years of probation in January. His relatively light sentence was in part due to what his lawyer described as "significant" cooperation with the FBI investigation into the Jan. 6 attack.

Documents detailing his cooperation were placed under seal when they were filed ahead of his sentencing, but a coalition of media companies that includes NBC News filed a motion this week requesting they be unsealed.

• Thumb up 1

So we would never have known about Secret Service missing texts without Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony?  And it seems like the DHS IG... who is supposed to be an independent watchdog is in on this and dirty too? 

What else do we not know about the Trump administration?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

So we would never have known about Secret Service missing texts without Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony?  And it seems like the DHS IG... who is supposed to be an independent watchdog is in on this and dirty too? 

I'll tell you what I saw from day one of his administration. He installed authoritarians as the heads of all departments (we can thank Ginni Thomas and her buddies for identifying these creeps right after the 2016 election), padding some departments with younger authoritarians wannabes, not staffing some departments where personnel left or were encourgaed to leave, and the like. It was obvious. The same thing happened when Bush 43 came in but Trump and Republicans did it more extensively. 

The biggest thing was installing the Cabinet heads with people who were directly opposed to the mission and faithful to their private businesses.  That wasn't right.

It's going to take years to weed these people out, especially the younger authoritarians. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

34 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll tell you what I saw from day one of his administration. He installed authoritarians as the heads of all departments (we can thank Ginni Thomas and her buddies for identifying these creeps right after the 2016 election), padding some departments with younger authoritarians wannabes, not staffing some departments where personnel left or were encourgaed to leave, and the like. It was obvious. The same thing happened when Bush 43 came in but Trump and Republicans did it more extensively. 

The biggest thing was installing the Cabinet heads with people who were directly opposed to the mission and to their private businesses.  That wasn't right.

It's going to take years to weed these people out, especially the younger authoritarians. 

So Trump basically wanted the option to be able to transition from a soft coup to a military coup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

So Trump basically wanted the option to be able to transition from a soft coup to a military coup.

Yes! That's exactly what he was planning. 

Thank goodness some people remembered what their oath of office meant. I'm not including those in both houses of Congress who voted to kick out official certified electors, including my Congressperson and Sen Cruz. I don't know about Sen Cornyn. I don't give him a pass because he's a Republican.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

You have to assume anyone in positions of authority during the Trump administration are dirty and if he get in again, he will replace everyone in government with dirty people.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thank goodness some people remembered what their oath of office meant.

I suspect very few suddenly became moral. 

I'd be more along the lines of people realizing that they're being pressured to do something evil that can be traced to them personally. 

Just like all the Republicans I'm DC, and state houses, who were perfectly willing to be a part of a prolonged action of hundreds of people, to impose a dictator by means of throwing out the votes of every person in six states. But who might be less brave, if they're not a tiny part of a large mob. 

Very few of them are willing to literally state "I support the attempted coup, and wish it had worked". 

But there's thousands, millions, who were willing to contribute a few shovels full of bull**** to the group project. Both before it happened, and every day or two since. 

• Thumb up 2

Trump was already floating the "I deserve a 3rd term due to the way I was treated" bunk before his first term had ended.  I can only imagine all of that talk starts immediately back up should he run and get re-elected, except with even less to lose I expect it to morph from 3rd term, to "Just make me President for life"

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trump was already floating the "I deserve a 3rd term due to the way I was treated" bunk before his first term had ended.  I can only imagine all of that talk starts immediately back up should he run and get re-elected, except with even less to lose I expect it to morph from 3rd term, to "Just make me President for life"

I have a tough time seeing him live 6 more years, tbh.

• Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I'm shocked he's still standing. Hair plugs and bronzer don't make carrying around that weight any easier. Those golf pictures made him look easily last 300lbs. That's a lot of cheeseburgers 

• Thumb up 1

Alleged Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell had a 'death list' including the name of an election official and their family. His lawyers say it's a 'doodle pad.'

While searching alleged Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell's home following the attack on the US Capitol just three days prior, police found a "death list" that included the name of a Georgia election official and their family member.

But in court documents viewed by Insider, Caldwell's lawyer, David Fischer, argued the list is a "doodle pad."

"From the search, law enforcement recovered a document that included the words "DEATH LIST" hand-written across the top with the name of a Georgia election official, a purported family member of that official, and the county and state associated with that official all hand-written underneath," read the government's motion regarding trial evidence.

The document also included hand-written notes relevant to the defendants' preparations in advance of January 6, according to the government motion.

"This document is not a 'list' but, rather, a doodle pad. The words 'death list' are written in all caps, whereas the balance of writing on the doodle pad is written in upper and lower case letters," read the defense's motion to exclude the note pad evidence.

Caldwell is one of nine alleged Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy following the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. He is also charged with obstructing an official proceeding, destruction of government property, and unlawful entry on restricted buildings or grounds.

In its case against Caldwell, the government argues the Navy veteran — who once worked as a section chief for the FBI — holds a leadership role in the far-right anti-government militia called the Oath Keepers and was known to members as "Commander Tom."

On January 6, Caldwell reportedly started a Facebook Live video taken from inside the Capitol building. According to charging documents, He also sent multiple Facebook messages to others reading, "We are surging forward. Doors breached" and "inside." He described the experience as "storming the castle."

Caldwell has denied being a member of the Oath Keepers, as well as all charges against him.

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2

42 minutes ago, China said:

Alleged Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell had a 'death list' including the name of an election official and their family. His lawyers say it's a 'doodle pad.'

While searching alleged Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell's home following the attack on the US Capitol just three days prior, police found a "death list" that included the name of a Georgia election official and their family member.

But in court documents viewed by Insider, Caldwell's lawyer, David Fischer, argued the list is a "doodle pad."

"From the search, law enforcement recovered a document that included the words "DEATH LIST" hand-written across the top with the name of a Georgia election official, a purported family member of that official, and the county and state associated with that official all hand-written underneath," read the government's motion regarding trial evidence.

The document also included hand-written notes relevant to the defendants' preparations in advance of January 6, according to the government motion.

"This document is not a 'list' but, rather, a doodle pad. The words 'death list' are written in all caps, whereas the balance of writing on the doodle pad is written in upper and lower case letters," read the defense's motion to exclude the note pad evidence.

Caldwell is one of nine alleged Oath Keepers charged with seditious conspiracy following the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. He is also charged with obstructing an official proceeding, destruction of government property, and unlawful entry on restricted buildings or grounds.

In its case against Caldwell, the government argues the Navy veteran — who once worked as a section chief for the FBI — holds a leadership role in the far-right anti-government militia called the Oath Keepers and was known to members as "Commander Tom."

On January 6, Caldwell reportedly started a Facebook Live video taken from inside the Capitol building. According to charging documents, He also sent multiple Facebook messages to others reading, "We are surging forward. Doors breached" and "inside." He described the experience as "storming the castle."

Caldwell has denied being a member of the Oath Keepers, as well as all charges against him.

Good article from earlier in the year about Caldwell and Clark County, VA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine/2022/05/23/how-my-hometown-produced-jan-6-sedition-suspect/

50 minutes ago, China said:

So if I write "METH DISTRIBUTION LIST" and then write out my entire distribution network below it, the police can't use it against me as long as the body of the list isn't in caps?

Cool beans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 7

On 7/30/2022 at 1:01 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

What worries me most is how we stop this from happening again. Trusting our leaders is not an option really. Its just like physical security (i bring that up because we mentioned it before)...trust but verify is a key term for a reason. You cant just trust. How do 'we the people' gain enough control over the oversight to trust that its being done appropriately? Who is even going to put something like that in place? We have a very long way to go, even if Trump is put in jail and all his co-conspirators are next to him, to insuring our democracy is safe from this again. This **** is so delicate. 

Ultimately I don't think people are educated enough about our democracy. That and they are lazy/ spoiled. I don't know if we can fix that. 

On 7/30/2022 at 10:54 PM, Ball Security said:

Evil finds a way 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

W.Va. politician who apologized for Jan. 6 now writing defiant book

A former state lawmaker who six weeks ago apologized to a federal judge for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack is now writing a book for a right-wing publisher claiming he has been mistreated.

Derrick Evans, who was sentenced in June to three months in prison after pleading guilty to felony civil disorder, said in a statement that he had been “slandered” and wanted “to share my story with the world.”

The terms of the deal are confidential, a spokesperson for Defiance Press said.

Evans filmed himself entering the Capitol building and urging others to do the same, while yelling at police officers who tried to control the mob. At his sentencing, he told Senior U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth he felt daily regret for getting “caught up in a moment which led to me breaking the law.”

But Evans has since repeatedly downplayed the violence and destruction and his own role in the riot, as prosecutors noted in a letter to the court. In a radio interview aired the day after his sentencing, Evans said he was “never going to have regrets when it comes to standing up and doing what’s right.”

He has since described himself as a “political prisoner” and expressed a desire to run for office again. Evans was elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2020 and resigned after his arrest last year. Before that, he was known as a confrontational antiabortion activist who would film staff and patients going into West Virginia clinics.

• Thumb down 1