Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

32 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Trump is definitely getting indicted.

Garland doesn’t have the balls to indict Trump or any politician implicated.

The impact of these hearings needs to be this:

All these implicated politicians who are up for re-election need to lose.

All these implicated politicians need to go to jail.

I expect neither to happen.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 4

I was interested in the difference between these public hearings and the Watergate hearings which lasted months. The difference is that Watergate hearings were held in public and televised and it took months. We got to see John Dean give up Nixon and another guy give up Nixon and his tapes. The Supremes said he had to turn them over and shortly after that he resigned. Jan6 committee has been conducting hearings for months in private. We're basically going to see a summary of those closed door hearings. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think the best part of tonight was showing the Ivanka tape saying she believed Barr.  Trump watched that and thought, “Man, she’s hot.  Would like to hit it.  But how can she like Barr more than me.  Sad!”

Best part tonight was Liz Cheney saying several GOP congressmen sought pardons for their roles in the insurrection.  

And really Liz Cheney entirely.  I can’t stand her politics but a principled person willing to lay down a career to stick it to the fascists is an action worth admiring.  There are a lot of people that have all the currently approved opinions on all the right issues, that would never have the strength of character to do that.  

• Like 19
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Best part tonight was Liz Cheney saying several GOP congressmen sought pardons for their roles in the insurrection.  

And really Liz Cheney entirely.  I can’t stand her politics but a principled person willing to lay down a career to stick it to the fascists is an action worth admiring.  There are a lot of people that have all the currently approved opinions on all the right issues, that would never have the strength of character to do that.  

I really want to dislike her because of her past politics but right now I’m rooting for her. I would rather have Republicans like her than the alternative for sure. 

• Like 7

I want Trump to go down for all this as much as anyone but at the same time, can’t shake the feeling that DeSantis is way more dangerous.  And I’m not sure there are enough folks that can still be swayed against the entire GOP as it currently exists regardless of how these hearings go.  I think there’s a chunk you can push away from Trump, but would bet most of them would come right back for DeSantis without realizing how much worse he is.  Thinking of my entire family as case in point. 

Don’t know what to root for.  Whatever helps the good guys win in the long run I guess. 

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I want Trump to go down for all this as much as anyone but at the same time, can’t shake the feeling that DeSantis is way more dangerous.  And I’m not sure there are enough folks that can still be swayed against the entire GOP as it currently exists regardless of how these hearings go.  I think there’s a chunk you can push away from Trump, but would bet most of them would come right back for DeSantis without realizing how much worse he is.  Thinking of my entire family as case in point. 

Don’t know what to root for.  Whatever helps the good guys win in the long run I guess. 

Allahpundit from yesterday. If anything, read the conclusion. A huge number of Americans are authoritarian at heart:

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/06/09/live-video-the-january-6-committee-hearing-n475243

I am reminded of the story about Ford when asked what proof he had of Nixon acknowledging his illegal actions.  He patted his suit coat pocket and said he had it right there.  In it was the wording of pardons where it said accepting a pardon was an admission of guilt.  I would think a clip of that if found should be played along with the list of names of Congressmen/women who asked for pardons.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

You know, this morning, I’m struck by the fact that I’ve never sought a pardon. I don’t think I know anyone who has sought a pardon. I mean pardons are cool. They’re literally a “Get out of jail free” card, but they’re also an admission of guilt. 

The fact that several elected congressmen believed they required a pardon due to their treasonous actions should be chilling. They should be removed from elected office. Asking for a pardon is an admission that they broke their oath of office. 

Why then do I suspect that republicans will just shrug?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1