Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

34 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Anyone planning on doing anything cool or special for the hearings tomorrow?

Nope. Just sit and see what gets revealed.

It will have no impact. Not a thing will

happen to all those pols involved.

Just a report in the fall and then it will

be forgotten. Focus will switch to the various Biden impeachments in 23.

There needs to be a special prosecutor investigating this but that won’t happen.

All these televised hearings are; just some programming for tv.

There's a 104 page report from the Brookings Institution you can download at the link. I haven't read it but hope to at least read some of it before 8PM.

Trump on Trial: A Guide to the January 6 Hearings and the Question of Criminality

President Joe Biden legitimately won a fair and secure 2020 presidential election—and Donald Trump lost. This historical fact has been uncontroverted by any evidence since at least November 7, 2020, when major news outlets projected Biden’s victory. But Trump never conceded. Instead, both before and after Election Day, he tried to delegitimize the election results by disseminating a series of far-fetched and evidence-free claims of fraud. Meanwhile, with a ring of close confidants, Trump conceived and implemented unprecedented schemes to—in his own words—“overturn” the election outcome. Among the results of this “Big Lie” campaign were the terrible events of January 6, 2021—an inflection point in what we now understand was nothing less than an attempted coup.

With Congress undertaking landmark hearings on all of that, our new Brookings report “Trump on Trial: A Guide to the January 6 Committee Hearings and the Question of Criminality” is a comprehensive guide to the proceedings. The report covers the Committee’s work to date, the key players in the attempt to overturn the election, the known facts regarding their conduct that are expected to be covered at the hearings, and the criminal law applicable to their actions.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/trump-on-trial/

Link to the report      https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Trump-on-Trial.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean it's great that these hearings will be televised, but nothing's going to come of this.  The DOJ is not going to go after the bigger fish involved in the riots, so what will this ultimately accomplish?  The people who watch tonight are already convinced that the previous CIC orchestrated the planning and execution of the riots.  They don't need to be convinced that this was a large scale operation.  The people who NEED to be convinced (aka the cult of Trump) won't watch, because their preferred news networks won't even air the hearings (FOX, OAN, Newsmax, etc).  So the question is, will this even move the needle?  I tend to think that this will be forgotten in about a month, when 45 announces that he's seeking re-election.

Edited by samy316

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

I mean it's great that these hearings will be televised, but nothing's going to come of this.  The DOJ is not going to go after the bigger fish involved in the riots, so what will this ultimately accomplish?  The people who watch tonight are already convinced that the previous CIC orchestrated the planning and execution of the riots.  They don't need to be convinced that this was a large scale operation.  The people who NEED to be convinced (aka the cult of Trump) won't watch, because their preferred news networks won't even air the hearings (FOX, OAN, Newsmax, etc).  So the question is, will this even move the needle?  I tend to think that this will be forgotten in about a month, when 45 announces that he's seeking re-election.

You're 100% correct. This entire hearing process will be an echo chamber. I'll be watching as much as I can because I need to know more but yes- all information, zero retribution is what I expect.

I mean we knew they knew it was all bull****. But seeing these folks testifying they told them this multiple times is something else.

If nothing else this will make the conversations at work more interesting lol

They even got Trumps Wifedaughter saying she accepted the results of the election lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How many episodes of this tv show?

I don’t think we are getting much tonight. The meat of hearings will be later on.

My guess Trump ups his campaign announcement. There were reports he wanted to do it on July 4; I think he announces on Monday and schedules his rallies opposite the future hearings.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

How many episodes of this tv show?

I don’t think we are getting much tonight. The meat of hearings will be later on.

My guess Trump ups his campaign announcement. There were reports he wanted to do it on July 4; I think he announces on Monday and schedules his rallies opposite the future hearings.

I said earlier that these were opening arguments.  I'm sure PB would agree, this is an outline of what will be proven later.

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I said earlier that these were opening arguments.  I'm sure PB would agree, this is an outline of what will be proven later.

Sorry for being pessimistic but unless you  see the big wigs- pols involved being held accountable; this hearing won’t do much.

I don’t trust Garland to go after anyone which is why I want a special prosecutor.

We just saw the rioters. I expect most of them to be caught but these are the bottom rung.  Unless the higher rung- the people who planned this go to jail; it won’t mean much.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

4 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

This is so damning.  Anyone who ever votes for the Trump GOP again is supporting this, and is profoundly, totally un-American and morally indefensible.  Grotesque.

🌎👩‍🚀🔫👩‍🚀

*Thats a meme that basically means “always has been”. My way of saying it was always grotesque and profoundly un-American. That’s what they want.