Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Id blame it on socioeconomic forces.

Parents CAN already be involved. I don’t know what the big stink is about. I mean I know what it’s really about. But there’s plenty of room for parental involvement as it is right now, maybe too much if you ask me.

And that's why this election turned on a ridiculous issue.  TMac said "I don't think parents should be telling schools what to teach" meaning "I don't think individual parents should be telling schools what to teach," and that is 100% true and probably the vast majority of parents think that.  

Governor Fleece Vest did a masterful job riling people up by pointing to problems (that don't actually exist) even though he offered no actual solutions for any of them.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

But second for both nationally and Virginia - it’s just another loser topic. You can find polls that say 70-85% of people want increased gun control. Yeah that’s great. But that doesn’t mean anything. You might as well say you want to get the debt under control. Or you want to make our schools the best. Or any other bs platitude that literally almost no one would disagree with, but is so ambiguous it doesn’t mean anything. If you dive deeper into the types of gun control your support instantly falls under 50%. 

Closing the "gun show loophole" is supported by 80% of NRA members.  

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/feb/27/tim-ryan/after-parkland-shooting-ohio-congressman-said-70-8/

Every time we are told "it's the economy stupid" going into an election,  it seems like according to voter data collected afterwards, it is actually never the economy stupid.  Now that doesn't mean people don't have economic anxiety to a certain extent, but that anxiety is always exploited and misdirected into culture war garbage to where people are driven to the polls on things pretty unrelated to their pocket books.  And why is that? Because the GOP has no policy or ideas to fix the economy in the first place.

Also, we need to keep an eye on where the whole "parents bill of rights" nonsense goes that Kevin McCarthy spoke about today.  If people think this begins and ends with "CRT in schools" I think they are sadly miscalculating how far this lunacy will be pushed between now and the mid-terms. 

• Like 1

Sadly, Virginia's probably more a referendum on Manchin and Sinema than it is Biden. They played their power games and gifted the Republicans everything they could have asked for. If Biden is to blame for anything, it is his inability to turn even one Republican no vote into a yes. But Manchin and Sinema submarining the entire Democratic agenda has really damaged the party. At the very least, it killed party morale.

I hope Youngkin proves me wrong. I think he will be very much a Trump Republican just with a candy coating.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

My takeaway is that since Biden stole the election when GOP was in power and Youngkin legitimately won while Dems were in control, the only logical conclusion is that we have to have Dems in power in order to have free and fair elections.

“Ball Security DESTROYS gateway pundit with facts and logic”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Also, what does that say about him? That is a phrase he should have spent more time thinking about.

He’s right though. Dems are too risk adverse for a group claiming to be the ones willing to do big things to save us all. He should have never been the candidate really. That in itself was just avoiding the risk of Trump winning again. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If people think this begins and ends with "CRT in schools" I think they are sadly miscalculating how far this lunacy will be pushed

Also. 

it’s not all lunacy. 

somewhere in there are smart people with an agenda trying to steer the ship. 

31 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Also, what does that say about him? That is a phrase he should have spent more time thinking about.

I think it more reflects Biden's personal disdain for how much of an egomaniac Trump is, but still is something that shouldn't be said out lou, as suggesting "I only won because my opponent was such a jackass."

Heck, even Trump on one occasion said the only reason he won was because Hillary ran a terrible campaign. Of course Trump generally is all over the place and often contradicts himself within the space of a single sentence.

45 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Sadly, Virginia's probably more a referendum on Manchin and Sinema than it is Biden. They played their power games and gifted the Republicans everything they could have asked for. If Biden is to blame for anything, it is his inability to turn even one Republican no vote into a yes. But Manchin and Sinema submarining the entire Democratic agenda has really damaged the party. At the very least, it killed party morale.

I hope Youngkin proves me wrong. I think he will be very much a Trump Republican just with a candy coating.

If you're not aware that there isn't a Grand Oligarch's Party Senator willing to break ranks, I have a really great bridge I'd like to sell you.

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I didn't find out GOP had a black woman running for Lt Governor until yesterday.  Something tells me neither did Terry.

Virginia GOP evolved and made history at the same time.

The Grand Oligarch's Party has done no such thing. They've always had a few token coons around to show how not racist they are. I don't know her well, but from what I've learned about her over the past few weeks, she fits the classic profile.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skinsdude said:

Is someone doing that? I haven't seen it. 

Maps depicting how individual counties vote across the US show the vast majority of the counties vote Republican.

But the areas where large portions of the population are concentrated vote Democrat.