Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:Thankfully he doesn't have the Senate

As long as Dems don't have a Manchin or Sinema type in the VA senate then he can't get any terrible legislation pass. You probably will start seeing the state defend abortion and conservative causes in the court. Forgot about any vaccine mandates. He might just outlaw that.

Narrator: They do.

• Sad 2

On 11/3/2021 at 4:23 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

And that's why this election turned on a ridiculous issue.  TMac said "I don't think parents should be telling schools what to teach" meaning "I don't think individual parents should be telling schools what to teach," and that is 100% true and probably the vast majority of parents think that.  

Governor Fleece Vest did a masterful job riling people up by pointing to problems (that don't actually exist) even though he offered no actual solutions for any of them.  

Oh but they do. It is only the MSM telling you they dont. Here is a slide from LoCo's summer session with teachers in 2015. Frankly I am surprised parents allowed it to go on as long as they did. It took a disgusting rape and cover up by the school board for them to finally realize what there children were being subjected too. 

On 11/3/2021 at 6:37 PM, Renegade7 said:

I didn't find out GOP had a black woman running for Lt Governor until yesterday.  Something tells me neither did Terry.

Virginia GOP evolved and made history at the same time.

Winsome Sears lives in my neighborhood and is an amazing woman and American. She lost a daughter a few years ago to an auto accident. The neighborhood grieved with her. It was a horrid experience. I am so happy for her. And for our state. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/3/2021 at 8:09 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Youngkin also ran on the largest tax cut in VA history, and people are dumb enough to believe that he can do that and raise education funding without bankrupting the state or massively defunding other essential services. 

Yet Biden is ready to spend another 5 TRILLION without bankrupting the country?

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh but they do. It is only the MSM telling you they dont. Here is a slide from LoCo's summer session with teachers in 2015. Frankly I am surprised parents allowed it to go on as long as they did. It took a disgusting rape and cover up by the school board for them to finally realize what there children were being subjected too. 

it isn’t taught. Your unsourced PowerPoint slide doesn’t prove that it’s taught in class, it at best proves that it was something suggested for teachers to learn about to better understand racial and cultural dynamics in their class. 

the real kicker tho, is even if CRT was being taught in class, what’s the harm in it? If you actually knew what It was, you would know there is no harm to anyone in actually teaching or discussing it. I’m sure you’ll come back with it teaches white kids to hate themselves and black kids to feel inferior or whatever nonsense you’ve been told but that’s not reality 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it isn’t taught. Your unsourced PowerPoint slide doesn’t prove that it’s taught in class, it at best proves that it was something suggested for teachers to learn about to better understand racial and cultural dynamics in their class. 

the real kicker tho, is even if CRT was being taught in class, what’s the harm in it? If you actually knew what It was, you would know there is no harm to anyone in actually teaching or discussing it. I’m sure you’ll come back with it teaches white kids to hate themselves and black kids to feel inferior or whatever nonsense you’ve been told but that’s not reality 

And that is exactly what I am going to come back with. Racism is racism. Period. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10149109/Loudoun-County-mom-claims-daughter-6-taught-born-evil-shes-white.html

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Where’d you get the slide from?  

Seems legit. 

Of course its not legit to someone who disagrees with it. That is the problem in our country right now. Mom goes to a school board meeting and spills her guts out and the other side says "seems legit". Scary times in this nation. And with that I will go back to the stadium and talk QB's. You all enjoy your echo chamber. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

Wild-card Democratic senators in line to be power players of divided government
‘Imagine the U.S. Senate with more than one Joe Manchin’

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2021/11/03/wild-card-democratic-senators-in-line-to-be-power-players-of-divided-government/

With Republicans in Virginia suddenly one Senate seat away from total control of state government, attention turned almost immediately Wednesday to a pair of Democratic senators with a history of siding with the GOP on key issues like education and abortion.

And on Wednesday morning, the two men, Sen. Chap Petersen, D-Fairfax City, and Sen. Joe Morrissey, D-Richmond, appeared to be delighting in a sudden surge of interest in their policy ideas and positions.

“It’s a new day,” said Morrissey, a pro-life Democrat who said Texas-style abortion legislation goes too far but declined to say what changes to Virginia law he might be inclined to support. “I am a very strong proponent of the right to life. That’s as far as I’m going to go. Folks can read into it what they want; I will carefully consider any and all legislation.”

Petersen, who joined with Morrissey and Republicans earlier this year to make school reopening a focus of the legislative session, meanwhile, continued to criticize restrictions on after school activities and mask mandates that Democrats have generally supported — a subject of many passionate floor speeches he delivered over the past year.

“Once we go back into session it will have been two years since the pandemic began,” Petersen said. “I think we’re getting to the point where we need to move on and get on with our lives.”

The comparisons to moderate Democratic holdouts in Washington, Arizona’s Sen. Kristen Sinema and West Virginia’s Joe Manchin, were instantaneous.

“If you want to know what the Virginia Senate is going to look like next year, imagine the U.S. Senate with more than one Joe Manchin,” said Stephen Farnsworth, a political scientist at the University of Mary Washington.

ValidBlueCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Of course its not legit to someone who disagrees with it. That is the problem in our country right now. Mom goes to a school board meeting and spills her guts out and the other side says "seems legit". Scary times in this nation. And with that I will go back to the stadium and talk QB's. You all enjoy your echo chamber. 

Again, where did you get the slide from. 

Also, why doesn’t mom identify the teacher?  I’ll tell you why. She’s making it up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Nameless woman shows up to a school board meeting a few days before a huge election where the GOP candidate is running pretty much solely on being against CRT, and declares that her SIX YEAR OLD was taught that she’s evil because she’s white.

Just being so incredibly naive to absorb that as truth and have the audacity to share it as fact is infinitely more dangerous than CRT could ever be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nameless woman shows up to a school board meeting a few days before a huge election where the GOP candidate is running pretty much solely on being against CRT, and declares that her SIX YEAR OLD was taught that she’s evil because she’s white.

Just being so incredibly naive to absorb that as truth and have the audacity to share it as fact is infinitely more dangerous than CRT could ever be.

Thats what the MSM wants you to believe. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Again, where did you get the slide from. 

Also, why doesn’t mom identify the teacher?  I’ll tell you why. She’s making it up. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah. I am guessing the liberal media wouldnt have found out by now she didnt really have a 2nd grader in Loudoun County scools. Ridiculous. 

Again. Enjoy your echo chamber. I am done.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I am guessing the liberal media wouldnt have found out by now she didnt really have a 2nd grader in Loudoun County scools. Ridiculous. 

You got the wrong guy.  I am not a raging lefty.  But I’m also not dense enough to believe Daily Mail links containing preposterous claims that make no sense whatsoever.

I mean really, guy?  You willfully believe that teachers in Loudoun County are teaching 1st graders that white people are evil?

My god.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You got the wrong guy.  I am not a raging lefty.  But I’m also not dense enough to believe Daily Mail links containing preposterous claims that make no sense whatsoever.

I mean really, guy?  You willfully believe that teachers in Loudoun County are teaching 1st graders that white people are evil?

My god.

Umm yeah guy. the video in the link is from a LoCo school board meeting. So take from that what you want. 

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nope. cant do it. Too much to lose. 

The only thing you would lose is your credibility, as I found the source of that slide you posted, and when you look over the entire document, it puts the single slide into context.  It is a course taught to TEACHERS on how to close the learning gap and uneven  distribution of discipline.  It is about finding ways to improve the education for marginalized groups. 

https://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/virginia_tiered_system_supports/resources/2015_fall_institute/Legal_implications_of_discipline.pdf

What seems to be missing is the slide that says "teach white kids they are oppressors and should feel bad"

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The only thing you would lose is your credibility, as I found the source of that slide you posted, and when you look over the entire document, it puts the single slide into context.  It is a course taught to TEACHERS on how to close the learning gap and uneven  distribution of discipline.  It is about finding ways to improve the education for marginalized groups. 

https://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/virginia_tiered_system_supports/resources/2015_fall_institute/Legal_implications_of_discipline.pdf

Awesome. Congrats. My reply was to someone who said CRT was a lie and was not being taught in LoCo schools. And I can tell you for a FACT that that is bull****. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I am not seething at all. We have control of VA for at least 4 years. Time for your side to seethe. 

I don't live in Virginia so I will watch from afar.  The GOP won, mostly by lying, but hey they are in office now and get their fair shot and improving things, so we will see how they do. 

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And with that I will go back to the stadium and talk QB's. You all enjoy your echo chamber. 

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I love when people get trapped between trying to leave before their dignity is completely shredded and also desperately wanting to have the last word. 

• Haha 8

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I love when people get trapped between trying to leave before their dignity is completely shredded and also desperately wanting to have the last word. 

My dignity is intact. But you are right about the last word. **** is addicting. Still cant break that habit. :)