Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I know it sounds weird but i feel like Heinicke will move the ball pretty well and put up some points. However, i think he has at least 3 picks in him so i don’t think we have a chance with him. Reminds me of 2013/2014 Kirk. We can’t win a game against TB with that type of performance. I see a 2 TD, 3 INT, 260 yard game. 

Our only way to win is to squeak out a 20-17, 24-21 type of score with the QB literally being a manager that protects the ball. Alex has struggled with that this year but I’d trust him more than Heinicke to do that. So yeah i think this is a really tough spot. I think Alex is cooked so the decision has been made for us. 

If he can use his feet to offset their blitz happy offense it might be enough of a disruption. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the kid, but I'm concerned. Seen the movie too many times. Kid comes in at the tail end of a game off the bench and lights things up, gets everyone excited, then starts and ends up showing everyone why he hadn't been a starter up until that point. All that said, if Alex is still hurting, it's the only real choice we have. No way we can go with the same Smith we had play last week and expect to have a shot at this team. 

Let's just hope that the movie ends up being the one that Kurt Warner was in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

If the insider reports are true, then Heinicke is the better option from a OC who needs to be able to call any play he wants in any systemic game plan.  Everyone saw the play Alex put on tape after his calf tightened.  His pre-snap expertise couldn't help him avoid being sacked and contributed to weak passes and uncharacteristic inaccuracies.  The reasons you win with Alex become negligible when this injury overpowers his ability. 

For the youngster Heinicke, he's only going to get this chance of a lifetime for once and he knows it.  He seems ready to just play it out and do what he does.  Also view this game as an opportunity for Scott Turner to do what he has wanted to do and that's throw the ball downfield.  I'd envision Scott telling Heinicke that his progressions should be deep to short and pull the trigger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ananoman said:

It would be forever remembered in NFL football lore

"On the slightly above-freezing, middle-Atlantic tundra of Fedex field, 4th-string nobody Tyler Heineken out-dueled the greatest quarterback of all time in a game that will be forever remembered in NFL football lore."

Say it slowly with a deep voice.

Yeah, we're winning.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

"On the slightly above-freezing, middle-Atlantic tundra of Fedex field, 4th-string nobody Tyler Heineken out-dueled the greatest quarterback of all time in a game that will be forever remembered in NFL football lore."

Say it slowly with a deep voice.

Yeah, we're winning.

Ya know as stoned as I am that actually worked...sounded amazing in my head as well lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

My biggest two fears about Heinicke starting is one, that he does well enough to have a lot of people on this board thinking the QB position is solved and being "cult like" insufferable all offseason. Second biggest fear is that he does look great, but gets injured at the end and then we have to go to Seattle to with Montez and I really want a rematch with them.

To play Seattle next week, we'd need Bears to beat Saints.  I think that is as likely as us winning...

Then it's 1 GB vs 7 Bears and 3 Seattle vs 4 WFT.

If Saints and Seattle win, 1-4 alive and we go to GB. 

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

4th string qb beating the GOAT in a playoff game would be absolutely epic.

Ten bucks says it'll be more like the defense beating the goat with a no name managing. 

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

To play Seattle next week, we'd need Bears to beat Saints.  I think that is as likely as us winning...

Then it's 1 GB vs 7 Bears and 3 Seattle vs 4 WFT.

If Saints and Seattle win, 1-4 alive and we go to GB. 

I dont want to play Seattle again..but if we get hot I do want another shot at them with out haskins at the helm

• Like 1