Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

I don't hang that loss on Taylor.....if our D wasn't swiss cheese and gave Heineke more opportunities,  I feel like the game would have been different.  I do like the fact Taylor never gave up on the game and we scored another TD...even if it was a garbage one.  I still feel like Heineke deserves more experience in the NFL....games like this were bound to happen. 

Eventually, the WFT will have to get a franchise QB.  But let's be very honest.  They are not a QB away from competing for a championship.  There are several holes on this roster that are being exposed by superior talent.  Any QB right now, Heinike included, is just a placeholder.  The team could do a lot worse.  They're in desperate need of help on the O-line (specifically run blocking), another cover corner (probably 2), and a back up pass rusher who can make plays.  Don't waste any more $ on journeyman QB's.  Roll with Heinicke and Allen until the rest of the team is ready to take the next big step.  Today?  That seems like two years away.   

• Like 7

I’m not really feeling that down on Heinicke to be honest.  He made serious mistakes of course:
He can’t throw late outside.  I get giving your guy a chance, but not on that type of throw.  I think that’s a teaching moment.  Yes, he should know better, but failure is often the best teacher.  
He can’t force into coverage - he was pressing at that point.  

The team let him down.  Thomas coughing the ball up, Turner calling the toss and end around for losses on 2nd and medium yardage (causing 3rd and longs), some easy drops, and the D not showing up at all.  

Heinicke makes me nervous every time he drops back, but… he’s a decent enough qb.  With no D and some offensive mistakes, it’s just too much to ask him to overcome, particularly against the better* teams.  

* to clarify, I mean the better teams in the league, I think they’re just about all better than us.  

6 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Eventually, the WFT will have to get a franchise QB.  But let's be very honest.  They are not a QB away from competing for a championship.  There are several holes on this roster that are being exposed by superior talent.  Any QB right now, Heinike included, is just a placeholder.  The team could do a lot worse.  They're in desperate need of help on the O-line (specifically run blocking), another cover corner (probably 2), and a back up pass rusher who can make plays.  Don't waste any more $ on journeyman QB's.  Roll with Heinicke and Allen until the rest of the team is ready to take the next big step.  Today?  That seems like two years away.   

There is literally no one in the next '22 draft class that is even remotely worth a 1st round pick.   So it's going to be at least another year before we can do this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

For those complaining about Heini, Justin Fields made his debut today against the Browns, and promptly threw for 60 total yards on 6/20 passing. That's 60 yards while playing a full game. He also only rushed for 12 total yards, so yeah.

It could be worse.

Not down on Fields. Nagy has been awful there. I admit I was high on Fields coming out, but should the trend continue I will admit my error… but rookies are a different animal in this league. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not down on Fields. Nagy has been awful there. I admit I was high on Fields coming out, but should the trend continue I will admit my error… but rookies are a different animal in this league. 

Yeah, this year has not been kind to the rooks. Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson have all looked ROUGH.

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

For those complaining about Heini, Justin Fields made his debut today against the Browns, and promptly threw for 60 total yards on 6/20 passing. That's 60 yards while playing a full game. He also only rushed for 12 total yards, so yeah.

It could be worse.

True, and if he was on this team he would have been even worse for us.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hieicke is a mediocre QB with injury concerns and always has been. He's played like he always has.

Were you watching a different game today? Taylor took that big hit trying to run the ball in. I didn't see him get broken. Did you wanted him to play on D too and sack Allen 5 times?

• Like 1

I said it during the week with all the Heinicke mania going on, we need to draft a very good QB regardless of how bad or good Heinicke plays.

But I don't put this loss on him, he's one of the few guys making plays for the team, today he had some negative plays but he came back from them and made some good plays.  The reality is he has no chance of doing anything with this defense, and quite honestly I'm not sure any QB short of the future HOF'ers would be able to do anything with this team when the defense is so bad. We have no pass rush, the D rarely gives the offense good field position and the secondary plays confused.

Its pretty shocking because if the D was playing at a top 10 level I think Heinicke would be good enough to keep us in the wildcard hunt.

• Like 3

Just now, Leonard Washington said:

??

He's certainly played better IMO in other games.  He didn't play well today.  Do not pin the loss on him. 

It's a team loss, but he got owned today. He's not on a JA level. He's average.

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Were you watching a different game today? Taylor took that big hit trying to run the ball in. I didn't see him get broken. Did you wanted him to play on D too and sack Allen 5 times?

Can he do that? lol. 

I just didn't want him throwing picks.

• Like 1

I wasn't shocked we lost to the Bills, but some of those slow high passes were not illusions, they were real.  Arm strength concerns or not, he has to beat Atlanta, otherwise we should shut this **** down.

I'm not convinced he's worth developing nor that he's better then Fitz.

Heinicke played as well as you can reasonably expect. He made mistakes but it was mainly due to trying to do too much. Not saying he was great but hes like 10% of the loss compared to the D.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I wasn't shocked we lost to the Bills, but some of those slow high passes were not illusions, they were real.  Arm strength concerns or not, he has to beat Atlanta, otherwise we should shut this **** down.

There is no alternative 

• Like 7

I don’t hang this L on Heineke.

But we can’t pretend he was only bad because he had to play hero ball.  The concerns a lot of us had about his physical ability were on display today.  But beyond that, it felt like held the ball for an hour at times and showed some pretty poor decision making that we haven’t really seen.  Hard to say without the all 22, but it looked like he wasn’t seeing the field well  and I’m pretty certain the offense left a lot out there today.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hieicke is a mediocre QB with injury concerns and always has been. He's played like he always has.

He is who he is and people trying to will him into being the answer at QB is just an extension of the desperation this franchise has had for going on 30 years of not having a franchise QB under center.   To me he is basically a Rex Grossman type but with more athleticism and ability to make plays with his legs.  And when I say Grossman, people will probably get irked, but it's not like Grossman was bad all the time, but there was definitely a ceiling on his ability and his bad traits would always sneak up to hurt the offense despite what a stat line showed or how good of a game overall he had.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

The TH haters are all over the place

as Galdi calls them Taters.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fitz won’t be available until November at the earliest. I won’t be surprised if he is out the entire season.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

He is who he is and people trying to will him into being the answer at QB is just an extension of the desperation this franchise has had for going on 30 years of not having a franchise QB under center.   To me he is basically a Rex Grossman type but with more athleticism and ability to make plays with his legs.  And when I say Grossman, people will probably get irked, but it's not like Grossman was bad all the time, but there was definitely a ceiling on his ability and his bad traits would always sneak up to hurt the offense despite what a stat line showed or how good of a game overall he had.  

He is more like a poor mans Wilson 

• Like 1

It's not about "hanging the loss on Heinicke" so much as just recognizing his limitations and why they are showing that he isn't the answer at QB.  He might be the best option at the moment due to the Fitz injury, but we are forgetting that there are reasons Fitz won the job during the offseason.  I am not even super high on Fitz either, he has limitations and lacks some of the X factors that Heinicke has displayed, but just because you have some attributes to your game that the other guy doesn't have, it doesn't make you an overall better QB.   Heinicke is 30 and has never been a starter for a reason.  Outside of Rich Gannon resurrecting his career with the Raiders during their run 20 years ago, how many QB's just magically get "discovered" this late into their career?  Kurt Warner probably another example?  So it's not like it doesn't happen, but it is rare.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's not about "hanging the loss on Heinicke" so much as just recognizing his limitations and why they are showing that he isn't the answer at QB. 

Every one around here and throughout the NFL, Heinicke included, knows that he's not our answer at QB.

We're just asking him to overcome too much.

• Like 1

Said this before and I'll keep repeating it.  Scott Turner really needs to commit to the running game and help TH out with more play action against the good teams.  (We're not playing the nyg every week unfortunately)  I feel like Turner goes away from the running game too quickly. They have three good TEs who can block and catch.  Pound it more because you don't have the personnel to go 3 or 4 wide.  

As excited as we were about our receivers being upgraded, as of the third game that doesn't appear to be the case.  Only McLaurin can win one on one matchups.  Teams are bracketing him and the rest of the receivers aren't good enough to win; when they do, they have butter fingers.  So TH has to hold the ball forever waiting for somebody (ANYBODY) to get open!  

Hopefully Samuels can come back healthy.  If not, then this is not going to be a good passing offense.  

• Like 1